19 Assisted Living Facilities near Pasco, WA
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pasco area, with 3 in Pasco and 16 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pasco. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pasco 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Prosser with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pasco, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pasco, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pasco
The town of Pasco is located in Franklin County, Washington and considered as part of the Tri-Cities, along with Kennewick and Richland. The Tri-Cities work together and function as a single county, giving seniors more recreational activities to participate in while living in Pasco. The area is currently home to three local assisted living facilities (ALFs) with 20 more located in nearby cities. To ensure the safety and health of all seniors, each facility is strictly regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Aging and Long-Term Support Administration. The DSHS permits all facilities to aid with activities of daily living (ADLs), intermittent nursing services and health support services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pasco
- The cost of living in Pasco is ranked at a 95, which is lower than the national rank of 100 and the Washington rank of 121. Health care expenses may be higher than average in the area, but the cost of groceries, utilities, transportation and miscellaneous goods are typically below average.
- The air quality in Pasco is indexed at a 25, ranked around 49 percent lower than the national index of 50. Seniors with respiratory illnesses may live better lives here compared to neighboring cities.
- Mild winters that average temperatures between 27 degrees Fahrenheit and 50 degrees Fahrenheit allows seniors to participate in more outdoor activities in comparison to others in the nation. However, seniors may need to be cautious in the summer, where average highs reach 93 degrees Fahrenheit, with only 1 percent humidity levels.
- Pasco violent crime rates are 90 percent lower than the national median, which could provide security to seniors who travel around during the nighttime. Alternatively, the town has a 66 percent elevation in crimes per square mile.
- The Pasco area is home to world-class facilities, including Lourdes Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pasco has an array of community resources for seniors, including the First Avenue Center, an organization that provides nutritious food plans, enrichment programs to residents 60 and older.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pasco
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Pasco start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pasco and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pasco
Seniors looking into financial assistance for assisted living care in the Pasco area may qualify for aid through the Medicaid Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), Community First Choice (CFC), Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pasco
Pasco and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pasco, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pasco
Pasco-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pasco
Review of Tri-Cities Retirement Inn
I've been in and out of Tri-Cities Retirement Inn over the past few years because we had relatives there. It's an old facility, but it's clean. The staff was helpful. We had a Thanksgiving meal the... Read more
Review of From the Heart Assisted Living
Love the staff here! My Dad’s been here 2+ years, and although there have been a few staff changes. They’ve all been helpful & responsive, and most of all, take great care of my Dad! They... Read more
Review of From the Heart Assisted Living
From the Heart Assisted Living looked more like a family because it only had six residents to a home. It had five homes all connected together. It had a big community backyard, and they can walk in... Read more