7 Assisted Living Facilities near Walla Walla, WA
Also serving communities of College Place, Dayton.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Walla Walla area, with 4 in Walla Walla and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Walla Walla is $2,497 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Walla Walla. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Walla Walla 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pasco with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Walla Walla, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Walla Walla, WA
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Walla Walla, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Walla Walla
Walla Walla sits in the southeastern part of the state, just a few miles from the Oregon border. The city is home to just over 30,000 people with 7 percent aged 65 and over. There are four assisted living facilities in Walla Walla and one each in the neighboring towns of College Place, Washington and Milton-Freewater, Oregon.
In Walla Walla, and all of Washington, an assisted living facility is comprised of a community or home that provides basic services, housing and sometimes domiciliary support. Assisted living facilities are governed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Walla Walla
- Walla Walla has generally pleasing weather all year with lower than average rain and snow amounts. The increased days of sunshine and lower precipitation is conducive to improved respiration and mobility for seniors.
- Cost of living in Walla Walla is 2.1 percent higher than the national average. Seniors will find costs higher for groceries, health care and transportation.
- For seniors interested in employment, Washington doesn't have an income tax. Sales tax, however, is higher than the national average of 6 percent at 8.9 percent.
- Public transportation is available to seniors via the Valley Transit, which offers reduced fares for seniors and those with disabilities. The Columbia County Bus system provides transportation between Walla Walla and other neighboring cities. Seniors may ride all day with unlimited boardings for only $1.
- Walla Walla has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Walla Walla Senior Center, an organization that offers plenty of activities and social gatherings for those interested in friendly interactions.
- The Walla Walla area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Providence St. Mary Medical Center and the Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial VA Medical Center, in the event of emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Walla Walla
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Walla Walla start around $2,497 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Walla Walla and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Walla Walla
Walla Walla has one of the lowest assisted living costs in Washington. Some seniors may still need to explore financial assistance to pay for assisted living expenses. Aid is available through Medicaid, which is called Washington Apple Health in the state of Washington.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Walla Walla
Walla Walla and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Walla Walla, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Walla Walla
Walla Walla-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Walla Walla, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Walla Walla
Review of Brookdale Walla Walla
Brookdale seemed very nice with a good mood and helpful staff. The schedule of events seemed very creative and rich, and the menu looked good. The décor was calming, and I liked the garden area; it... Read more
Review of Washington Odd Fellows Home
The facility that I ended up finding is Washington Odd Fellows Home for my mom. All are excellent, and we are extremely pleased. The rooms are nice, and they exceed the need. The food is good. The ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Walla Walla
We went to visit someone at the Emeritus at Garrison Creek Lodge, but we haven't really toured the whole building. It seemed like a nice facility. We liked it. They had a big dining area, and the r... Read more