4 Assisted Living Facilities in Pendleton, OR
The average cost of assisted living in Pendleton is $2,839 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 13 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pendleton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pendleton 3.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hermiston with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pendleton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pendleton
When seniors wrap up in a bright Pendleton wool shirt or blanket to keep warm, they have reason to be grateful to this Eastern Oregon town, where the Pendleton Woolen Mills is one of the largest employers. Pendleton is also home to four assisted living facilities, all of which provide room and board to aging seniors within a secure and comfortable residential setting. These assisted living communities also provide personal care services that include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, such as grooming, bathing and eating. All assisted living facilities in Pendleton, and all of Oregon, are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pendleton
- Pendleton's cost of living is 5.5 percent lower than the national average cost of living, making it a solid choice for seniors on a fixed income.
- Pendleton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Community Action Program of East Central Oregon, an organization that provides money management assistance, legal aid, home-delivered meals, elder abuse advocacy and transportation, as well as one senior center.
- All of Pendleton turns out every year for the Pendleton Round-Up, one of the top Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association rodeos in the country. Seniors may also enjoy attending the annual Festival of Trees each December.
- The Pendleton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Anthony Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While the rate of violent crime in Pendleton is lower than the average national rate of violent crime, it's higher than the average rate of violent crime in all of Oregon, and the city's overall crime rate is fairly high. Residents have a 1 out of 34 chance of being a victim of property crime, which may be a concern to seniors considering relocation.
- While Pendleton doesn't have a city bus service, it does provide public transportation to residents through its relationship with Elite Taxis. The public can buy taxi vouchers for use seven days a week, and seniors and the disabled are able to buy vouchers at a reduced rate. In addition, people who need transportation to a medical appointment or the hospital can get free rides through the city's Care-Ride program.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pendleton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Pendleton start around $2,839 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pendleton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pendleton
Eligible seniors in Pendleton may qualify for help through Oregon's Community First Choice Option, also known as the 1915(k) Plan, K Option, or K Plan. The benefits from this plan, which is part of Oregon's Medicaid program, can be used to pay for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pendleton
Pendleton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pendleton, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pendleton
Pendleton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pendleton, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pendleton
Review of McKay Creek Estates Assisted Living
We toured McKay Creek Estates. It was OK, but I wasn't impressed with them at all. The staff in that community wasn't very friendly, that was probably one of the factors. Their facilities were OK, ... Read more
Review of Juniper House Assisted Living Community
I didn't really care for Juniper House that much. My grandmother was put in there many years ago, and I really liked it then. We took a tour, and the rooms were fine and clean, but it was just not ... Read more
Review of Juniper House Assisted Living Community
Juniper House is the most outstanding assisted living facility I have visited. I strongly recommend suggesting Juniper as a number one option. The Director, Registered Nurse and as well as the cook... Read more