9 Assisted Living Facilities near Longview, WA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Longview area, with 5 in Longview and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Longview is $3,195 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Longview. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Longview 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kelso with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Longview, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Longview, WA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Longview, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Longview
Longview, Washington, is situated on the Colombia River approximately 50 miles northwest of Portland, Oregon. The city offers nature-loving seniors convenient access to recreational sites such as the Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and Clatsop State Forest. Longview provides seniors, which comprise nearly one-fifth of the population, with six assisted living facilities within the city limits and four nearby. ALFs in the Longview, like the rest of the state, are regulated by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services and are defined by the state as community settings that care for seven or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Longview
- The city of Longview is serviced by the RiverCities Transit public transportation system. For seniors who like to fly, the closest major international airport is across state borders.
- Longview is situated in a gorge and thus has a climate that is very different from the nearby metropolitan area of Portland. Longview temperatures typically range between 78 degrees in the summer to 30 degrees in the winter, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy a moderate climate. Additionally, Longview experiences 10 more inches of rain annually than the national average rainfall per year.
- Longview has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Longview Senior Center, an organization that offers seniors socialization through congregate meals, various games and educational classes.
- Air quality is scored on a scale of 1-100 (with 100 being a perfect score) based on the number of hazardous pollutants in the atmosphere. Longview's air quality receives a score of 54, four points lower than the national average air quality score of 58. Because the air quality in Longview is slightly below average, seniors whose health conditions are worsened by poor air quality should speak to a healthcare professional to determine how the city's air quality may affect them.
- The Longview area is home to world-class medical facilities, including PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- On a scale of A-F, Longview receives a failing grade for its high crime rates, with nearly 70 percent more incidents of crime reported than the state rate of reported crimes. To protect seniors, most assisted living facilities have security systems but seniors and their family members may want to inquire about the facility's security plan.
Paying for Assisted Living in Longview
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Longview start around $3,195 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Longview and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Longview
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Longview
Longview and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Longview, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Longview
Longview-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Longview, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Longview
Review of New Westside Terrace (Nwst)
My sister has been taken care of very well at New Westside Terrace and she's been doing good. They do a good job and my sister likes it there. The staff is very nice, they're all very friendly, and... Read more
Review of Prestige Senior Living Monticello Park
Prestige Monticello Park was fine. The staff that I met was friendly and interested. The rooms were fine. The dining room looked typical, and food was OK but not anything exceptional. Read more
Review of Prestige Senior Living Monticello Park
Some one I care about lives here and they are always complaining about the service of the food. There is only one person taking orders. They wait for and hour for their food and it seems that chic... Read more