Canterbury Inn

Reviews of Canterbury Inn

Assisted Living Reviews for Canterbury Inn

March 20, 2021

By Reviewer#AT0219D

I found Canterbury Inn for my brother. We chose it for the price of the rooms, the pricing that they matched, and the fact that they have more nursing care. We can't move him in for another two or three weeks. I was able to walk around the outside. I only dealt with one person, and she's very helpful. The outside looks nice, neat, and clean.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at Canterbury Inn. We strive to create the most loving and nurturing community we can?a true home to our residents?and your appreciation means everything to us. Your comments and compliments are a gift to our staff, and to our community. Thank you! ? Raymond Sabino, Executive Director

January 01, 2021

By Suzanne

Other

My mom has had respite stays at Canterbury Inn. From the very beginning, staff and residents alike have been helpful and welcoming, including her in activities & making sure she's comfortable, even tho she isn't a full time resident. Throughout the entire process, the staff has been gracious and patient, answering all of my dad's many, many questions. They have also kept in contact with my parents during the pandemic, ready to jump in & help if my parents need anything. That's going above & beyond!

Suzanne, At Canterbury Inn, our motto is to ?create happiness by providing the finest living anywhere,' and your kind words are nothing short of confirmation that we are doing what we set out to do. We can't thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with others, it means the world to us. Thank you! ? Becky Stokesbary, Executive Director

October 23, 2019

By Harlene

We moved into the Canterbury Inn. My husband is assisted living and I'm independent. Everybody is very friendly, and the food for the most part is very good. Everybody has made it as easy as possible. Someone does the weekly housekeeping and changes our linens. They have activities, so you can be as involved as you want to be. Everybody's been great. We're in the same apartment, but my husband gets nursing care here. We're in one of the older areas. It's on the second floor, and we have a small kitchen, two bedrooms, a hospital bed in his room, and I have my room. The nurses and the aides come in and out to help him and I do my own thing.

Harlene, Thanks so much for the kind words! At Canterbury Inn, our residents happiness is our top priority, and we are so happy we met your standards. Our goal is not only to meet your standards, but to exceed them, and we are excited to incorporate your feedback to continually raise the bar in senior living. Thank You! - Joann Boschke, Executive Director

February 29, 2016

By Sarah119257850

I like Canterbury Inn because it feels like you’re in an actual home. They have a lot of fun activities for my grandparents. We’ve had great experience with the staff, so far. I would recommend this facility. The food at this facility is good.

May 17, 2015

By Marlene26

I have talked to some people, and they have all been wonderful. Canterbury Gardens is one of the best communities, and it is a beautiful place. The people are really great. They’ve got a great nursing staff, and the people at the front desk were really kind. It’s very well done and pretty. Although the price is a little high, you are getting what you pay for. It has a lot of things to offer for the elderly and the people that need assistance. The only complaint that my father has ever had is their menu. The food is fine, but some of the menu should be designed a little bit better for elderly people. The chef there needs to realize that they need healthy food, and they also need food that they can chew. The menu could improve as far as having better food for them to eat easily. They take care of you really well there, and they take tours all over the place, shopping, and out to dinner. They have bingo, they bring a minister in, and they play pool and billiards. They’ve got music and different talented individuals. They’ve got a beautiful piano, so they do have people that come to entertain. They offer a variety of things there. They’ve got a beauty salon and movies, and they’ve got a nice place if you have family gatherings. My father has a regular room with a bathroom, and he seems to be content. The bathrooms are huge, and the room is nice. He has got a little microwave and a refrigerator. They have another unit across the street which is very nice for extreme Alzheimer’s and dementia.

May 08, 2015

The staff at Canterbury Inn was very nice, helpful, and showed us a lot of things. I saw what they’re eating, and it looked pretty good. There were apartments for two persons -- some were for one person -- and they were all very nice. They keep the place pretty well. They had an exercise room and a movie room that they show movies in a couple of times a week.

December 22, 2014

By Kenneth15

We moved into Canterbury Inn about 3 months ago. We moved here because they have nursing care at night. There are many places that don't have the nursing care at night. It's a little expensive, but the staff are awesome doing their job. At times, they have been understaffed, but they have hired enough people, and they seem to be back up to speed on that. My wife takes 3 different pills a day, and they're always right there. You can play many games. The food is like anywhere. I've actually been here so long it all tastes the same, but it's edible. They clean everything but your personal belongings. It's very much a homey feeling. It's really nice place. We have a 2-bedroom and a living room. It's well-spaced out, about 1,300 sq/ft. We got a big place. It's very well done.

December 25, 2012

By Beachgal67

Canterbury Inn couldn't be in a more beautiful location first of all. Seaside Oregon is right there on the Oregon Coast. The grounds are just lovely and residents seem to enjoy the picturesque views from each room. My mother has several friends living at Canterbury Inn. Each time I'm in Seaside visiting my parents, we always seem to make it over to Canterbury. I enjoy visiting with the residents at Canterbury Inn. The staff members are very kind and I love the way they greet each resident by name when they see them. There are many activities for the residents based on their own interests, as well as cognitive or physical abilities. It seems there is always something fun going on when we're there. I've also had lunch with my mother's friends in the Canterbury restaurant. I have to admit the food is very good! My mother has already informed me that at some point, she plans to move to Canterbury Inn, to enjoy spending even more time with her friends. I highly recommend this facility to anyone seeking a warm, caring environment for themselves or their loved ones

Independent Living Reviews for Canterbury Inn

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Canterbury Inn

We help with all ADLs

Canterbury Inn offers around the clock nursing, in the community, vs. on-call or nurse oversight, bringing a higher level of care to your loved one if/when they need it. We have been family owned and operated for 60 years. We have outside spaces, wide halls and flexible transportation for our residents.

Map of Canterbury Inn