6 Assisted Living Facilities near Centralia, WA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Centralia area, with 4 in Centralia and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Centralia is $2,675 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Yelm with an average starting cost of $2,655.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Centralia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Centralia 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Chehalis with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Centralia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Centralia, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Centralia
Centralia, Washington, was founded in 1875 by a man named George Washington, the son of a slave who was seeking a better life in the Northwest. Seniors can explore this history in local museums as well as other historic landmarks such as the 1912 Train Depot.
There are also five Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), with 3 in Centralia and 2 nearby. ALFs in Washington provide room and board for seven or more senior residents at a time in addition to offering help with activities of daily living and supervision. These communities are governed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Centralia
- The Centralia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Providence Centralia Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors may feel unsafe living in Centralia due to it’s crime rates. Violent crime is rated at 38.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 69.4, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Centralia has a cost of living rate that is 0.40 percent lower than the national average. For seniors on a budget, this means they may have an easier time building a savings.
- Seniors can enjoy a mild four seasons in Centralia. The summers have an average high temperature of a cool 78 degrees, and an average low temperature of 35 degrees in the winter. With only six inches of annual snowfall, seniors with limited mobility may not have too much difficulty in being active all year round.
- Seniors who are seeking transportation for shopping, dining, and doctor’s appointments have access to Twin Transit, the public transportation system. Seniors also have the option of purchasing reduced fare tickets and paratransit services at the local Twin Transit office.
- Seniors who are looking for some fresh air can visit the Fort Borst Park, that has over 101 acres of land, including beautiful walking trails and an arboretum. For entertainment, seniors can head to the Evergreen Playhouse where they have been engaging and entertaining audiences for over 50 years, including performances like MacBeth, the Wizard of Oz, and Oklahoma.
Paying for Assisted Living in Centralia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Centralia start around $2,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Centralia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Centralia
Qualified senior residents in Washington have several options to help pay for assisted living costs. Through the state’s Medicaid plan, Apple Health, seniors may be entitled to the Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) Program or Community First Choice Option (CFCO). Washington does not offer any non-Medicaid programs for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Centralia
Centralia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Centralia, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Centralia
Centralia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Centralia
Review of Cooks Hill Manor Assisted Living
I called the first week of June about placement for my mom. Talked to Holly gave her all the info she needed to see if my mom qualified. I was never contacted by anyone to see what their decision w... Read more
Review of Cooks Hill Manor Assisted Living
I was not impressed with Cooks Hill Manor Assisted Living at all. It looked really run-down and the rooms were quite small. The staff who gave me the tour was really nice. I ate there in the past, ... Read more
Review of Sharon Care Center
The nursing staff is top notch. The administration has an ego complex. They treat there residents and nursing staff with no respect. Got a new administrator from another state that has an ego compl... Read more