6 Assisted Living Facilities near Chehalis, WA
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chehalis area, with 2 in Chehalis and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chehalis is $3,080 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Centralia with an average starting cost of $2,675.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chehalis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chehalis 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Yelm with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chehalis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Chehalis, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chehalis
Chehalis is a small, riverfront city in Lewis County, Washington. It's home to an estimated 7,600 residents, and nearly 14% of people living in the city are aged 65 and older. The area hosts six assisted living facilities that provide full-time care to seniors who need it. Two of those facilities are located in Chehalis while the other four are nearby in Centralia. All assisted living facilities in the state are subject to regulations set forth by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chehalis
- The Chehalis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Providence Centralia Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Chehalis is served by Twin Transit, which offers safe and convenient public transportation to senior citizens and other residents of Chehalis and Centralia.
- Chehalis is known for extremely high crime rates. 71.68 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents in the city each year. The state of Washington only sees 31.74 property crimes while the national median is only 24. Seniors should discuss security measures with assisted living facilities when considering residence.
- Although the overall cost of living in Chehalis is slightly more than the national average, the cost of health care is more than 20% below that of the average U.S. city. Seniors who require frequent medical care may benefit financially from living in the area.
- Winters in Chehalis aren't as snowy as the average city in the U.S. The area only gets 2 inches of snow per year, while the U.S. average is 28 inches. Seniors who enjoy walking and other outdoor hobbies can usually focus on them year-round.
- The air quality in Chehalis is rated 58 out of 100 and is on par with the U.S. average. While the air in the city is generally safe to breathe, high pollution days may induce symptoms in seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chehalis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Chehalis start around $3,080 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chehalis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chehalis
Medicaid provides financial assistance to seniors who receive long-term care in Chehalis and throughout the state of Washington. Its Community Options Program Entry System (COPES) waiver helps eligible seniors to pay for the cost of assisted living, while the state Medicaid plan may cover limited personal care services.
While there isn't any state assistance plan that helps senior citizens to pay for the cost of room and board in assisted living facilities, the state does cap what facilities are permitted to charge when seniors receive Supplemental Security Incomeen
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chehalis
Chehalis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chehalis, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chehalis
Chehalis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Chehalis, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chehalis
Review of Woodland Village
I found Woodland Village for my friend. She is not in there yet, but we're still working on going through the process. I found them to be really nice, and they basically met all the needs that I th... Read more
Review of Woodland Village
I am extremely grateful to have found Woodland Village for my mother who moved into an assisted living apartment five months ago. The staff has been exceptional. Nursing staff are conscientious and... Read more
Review of Woodland Village
I like Woodland Village better than all the other nursing homes and assisted living place I've looked at. The rooms are a nice size, they're not too bad. It looked like a place I could live up unti... Read more