Avamere at St. Helens

Reviews of Avamere at St. Helens

Assisted Living Reviews for Avamere at St. Helens

August 27, 2014

By Joanie1

I’ve already toured Avamere and it does have everything that I think would be good for my mom. Plus, it is 5 minutes from my house. I just think that it seems really upbeat and clean, and it doesn’t smell like a nursing home. It smells nice and classy. I really like the independent living cottage setup, but the main building is nice too. The facility is really clean, and it has a really nice courtyard with flowers.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. That is great to hear you had such a wonderful experience.

June 27, 2013

By cct

This facility appears wonderful when you visit. However, after living there for only 5 months my mother has to be hospitalized for 2 weeks for severe malnutrition and dehydration and then in a physical therapy facility for another 4 weeks! . It is only a good place for people who do not need much care--the caregivers are unskilled and often untrained.

Thank you for reaching out to Avamere at St Helens. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative incident to report. We encourage you to visit our "Speak Up Hotline" form so that we can look into this occurrence right away. Again, our apologies for your experience. Thank you.

June 26, 2013

By Elizabeth18

I visited Avamere at St. Helens for my mom. Part of this community is a memory care unit, so if your parents already living here are starting to have dementia problems or they are losing their memory, they will just move them in a room to that facility. Also the people here are nice and they have nice rooms. However, the rooms that were available for my mom were small and I felt that she would not be happy with that situation. It just did not feel as a good fit for my mom.

That is so great to hear, thanks for letting us know!

November 19, 2012

By reptrepo

Very nice, and clean. the staff was very helpful, and my grandmother seems to be enjoying her time there. There seem to be many activities. There was a buzzer then went off rather often though. It is in a very central location to basically all you could ever need in the city, close to food, walmart, the highschool, and grocery stores and pharmacies. plenty of parking. The landscaping was neat and in order. Although it was not my choice to put my grandmother into this home, if I had a reason to put my mother or father into an assisted living community, I would have no problems selecting this one

You are too kind! That is great to hear you had such a wonderful experience.

October 12, 2012

By bingeebob

Both of my grandparents lived at Avamere at the same time for several years. My grandmother continues to live there and is very comfortable. I am always impressed with the staff, and facilities at Avamere in St. Helens. The staff seems professional, trained, and numerous enough to meet the needs of the residents. I felt comfortable knowing that the facility was ready to handle emergencies or difficult situations with my grandparents. This facility is located in a good part of town, easy to find and close to the highway.

We always love hearing about the wonderful experiences our customers have at our facilities. Thank you so much for the kind words.

Independent Living Reviews for Avamere at St. Helens

• Pets: Small Pets

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Avamere at St. Helens

Avamere at St. Helens offers independent living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care for seniors in St. Helens, Oregon and surrounding areas.

We're proud to be recipients of the Bronze Commitment to Quality Award from the American Health Care Association as we continue to strive to provide excellent care for every patient and resident.

Let us welcome you home to Avamere at St. Helens. Contact us today to schedule a tour!

Map of Avamere at St. Helens