5 Assisted Living Facilities near Gloucester Courthouse, VA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gloucester Courthouse area.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gloucester Courthouse. Better rated regions include Gloucester with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gloucester Courthouse, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Gloucester Courthouse, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gloucester Courthouse
Gloucester Courthouse is a small borough located in Gloucester County, Virginia. The area is home to the ruins of Historic Rosewell, as well as the oldest living village in Virginia. Approximately 15.3 percent of Gloucester County's nearly 300,000 residents are over the age of 65. There is a total of 16 assisted living facilities in the Gloucester Courthouse area. There are no assisted living facilities directly in Gloucester Courthouse, but 16 are located nearby in surrounding areas such as Gloucester, Dutton and Williamsburg.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gloucester Courthouse
- The cost of living in Gloucester Courthouse is 8.9 percent above the national average. The cost of healthcare is even higher at 14 percent above the national average. Seniors in Virginia may wish to find assisted living areas in nearby areas with a lower cost of living.
- Gloucester Courthouse gets above-average rainfall each year. The area averages 46 inches annually, which is seven inches more than the U.S. average. Seniors who like to spend time outdoors may find that they prefer living in a sunnier part of the country.
- Seniors in Gloucester Courthouse can feel comfortable knowing the city is safer than 60 percent of U.S. cities. The chances of becoming the victim of a violent crime in Gloucester Courthouse is only one in 1,487, whereas, throughout the state of Virginia, the average resident has a one in 480 chance.
- The Gloucester Courthouse area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Riverside Walter Reed Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Bay Transit gives seniors in the Gloucester Courthouse area a safe transportation option during weekday mornings. Fares are low at only 50 cents per ride.
- The Gloucester County area has plenty of historic monuments and memorials that seniors may enjoy taking in. Some assisted living facilities may offer supervised day trips to some of the area's top attractions including Rosewell, Beaverdam Park and the Colonial Parkway.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gloucester Courthouse
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Gloucester Courthouse start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gloucester Courthouse and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gloucester Courthouse
The state of Virginia offers assistance to assisted living residents with Alzheimer's disease under Medicaid 1915(c) waiver Virginia Alzheimer's Assisted Living. Seniors are only eligible for this program if they require a nursing level of care and are receiving the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
The Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services offers a grant program to seniors in assisted living who are blind, disabled or otherwise in need.
The state caps the amount assisted living facilities are permitted to charge for room and board when residents are receiving SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gloucester Courthouse
Gloucester Courthouse and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gloucester Courthouse, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gloucester Courthouse
Gloucester Courthouse-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.