4 Assisted Living Facilities in Cleveland, TN
The average cost of assisted living in Cleveland is $2,387 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cleveland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cleveland 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ooltewah with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Cleveland find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cleveland, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cleveland
Cleveland is known as “The City with Spirit”, a nickname that honors the city’s commitment to volunteerism, community involvement and making a difference. Some 44,483 people call Cleveland home, and 14.8 percent of those residents are aged 65 years or older.
Seniors interested in long-term residential care have seven local options to choose from, including four in Cleveland proper. Those assisted living communities are defined by the state as assisted care living facilities (ACLF) and are licensed and continually overseen by Tennessee Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cleveland
- Seniors who have affordability at the top of their wish list will appreciate the cost of living in Cleveland. The prices of groceries, health, housing, utilities, transportation and miscellaneous items are all well below the national average.
- Seniors hoping to avoid extreme temperatures and snowstorms will appreciate the climate in Cleveland. Summer days rarely exceed 88 degrees Fahrenheit and winter is relatively mild with only 1 inch of snow annually and January lows around 28 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, Cleveland’s rate for violent crime is 77.3 and the city’s rate for property crime is 63.9, making this a risky choice for seniors concerned with safety.
- The local arts and culture scene in Cleveland is in its infancy. Seniors interested in live music, museums and art galleries will find their options limited, though the Allied Arts Council and Greenway Public Arts Committee are working hard to increase programming and foster creativity.
- Seniors in Cleveland can use the Cleveland Urban Area Transit System (CUATS) to get from point A to point B. CUATS runs under the auspices of the Southeast Tennessee Human Resource Agency (SETHRA), which also offers reservation-only rides in Bradley County and beyond. Both options are low-cost, and CUATS offers half-price fares for riders 65 years of age and older.
- The Cleveland area is home to world-class medical facilities including Tennova Healthcare – Cleveland and CHI Memorial, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cleveland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Cleveland start around $2,387 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cleveland
There are no state-sponsored programs created to help Tennessee’s seniors pay for long-term residential care, however Medicaid does offer low-come seniors subsidies under the CHOICES program. Seniors who are eligible for Medicaid and who would otherwise be subject to nursing home placement can use CHOICES to explore and pay for alternative options, including home-based care and placement in an approved assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cleveland
Cleveland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cleveland, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cleveland
Cleveland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cleveland, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cleveland
Review of Brookdale Cleveland
My family, along with my Mother, visited Brookdale in Cleveland. We were so impressed with the hospitality that we were shown during our initial visit. The Sales Manager and Executive Director we... Read more
Review of Morningside of Cleveland
My parents have moved into Morningside of Cleveland. It is a small enough community that I think my parents get the attention that they need. The location is excellent, and the grounds are always v... Read more
Review of Brookdale Cleveland
Brookdale Cleveland wasn't anything great, but it was OK. The lady I met there was very nice. They weren't anything extraordinary. The bathroom was dirty. The rooms will do for elderly people. Read more