5 Assisted Living Facilities near Catskill, NY
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Catskill area, with 2 in Catskill and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Catskill is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Catskill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Catskill 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rhinebeck with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Catskill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Catskill, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Catskill
Catskill, New York, is a town of 11,000 in the northeast foothills of the iconic Catskill Mountains. Author Washington Irving visited the mountains in his youth, and his 1819 book, "Rip Van Winkle," was set in the town. Now, the Catskill region is known for various outdoor activities, including skiing, fishing and hiking. Catskill's rich landscape and outdoor lifestyle could be a perfect match for seniors who enjoy spending time outside. With two assisted living facilities within the town limits and seven nearby, Catskill has nine options for seniors. The New York State Department of Health regulates and licenses three separate types of assisted care facilities throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Catskill
- With 19.2 percent of the town residents 65 and older, Catskill has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Robert C. Antonelli Senior Center, which offers various activities, social programs and entertainment.
- The Catskill area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located across the Hudson River in the Hudson, New York.
- Living in Catskill is significantly cheaper than the average cost of living in the state of New York. While the U.S. averages a cost-of-living score of 100, New York's score is 122 and Catskill's score is 94. Seniors wishing to live in New York but in a more affordable area might consider Catskill as a viable option.
Catskill's crime rate is safer than only about 25 percent of U.S. cities. Such a statistic could suggest that Catskill is an unsafe choice for seniors.
- The weather in Catskill can be quite chilly, with average highs in July around 78 degrees and average lows in January frequently below freezing. If warm weather and sunshine are the most important factors in selecting a location for assisted living, seniors could look elsewhere.
- With a score of 77, the air quality within Catskill is approximately 19 percent higher than the national average. Because the air in Catskill contains significantly less harmful pollutants than the country's average rating, seniors with chronic lung conditions could choose Catskill for its better air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Catskill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Catskill start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Catskill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Catskill
New York offers financial assistance for up to 4,200 eligible seniors annually, including both private-paying and Medicaid recipients, through the Medicare Program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Catskill
Catskill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Catskill, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Catskill
Catskill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Catskill
Review of The Eliot at Catskill
I went and toured this facility with my mother. The staff were very welcoming. I was assisted instantly. The tour was very helpful and gave insight on what to expect in the next steps before admitt... Read more
Review of Home Sweet Home on the Hudson
My mom did well at Home Sweet Home on the Hudson. They allowed outside help to come in. It was a nice place, and they were willing to work with us regarding her care. They did bathing and dressing ... Read more
Review of The Eliot at Catskill
I love The Eliot! Recently, my family and I had to make the tough decision to put our aunt in a senior care facility. We are her only family and she had began to need more care than we could provid... Read more