The Eliot at Catskill

Reviews of The Eliot at Catskill

Assisted Living Reviews for The Eliot at Catskill

May 12, 2016

By Finkle88

My mom recently suffered a fall and after a short term stay at a rehab center, we made the difficult decision for her to move to an Assisted Living Facility. Thankfully, the decision became much easier after we toured The Eliot and met with Colleen. Her patience, her calm demeanor and her attentiveness put us at ease immediately! Now three months later, Mom is doing wonderfully and she is surrounded by friends and caring staff! Thank you to everyone at The Eliot for doing such a great job!

May 09, 2016

By JBarth

My mom lovingly calls The Eliot her home. They provide her with confidence to stay as active and mobile as possible. The daily activities provide her the stimulation to participate and interact with other residents. The social interaction rounds out her life at The Eliot and is very important.

October 29, 2014

By Davidc68

I recently placed my Dad at the Eliot and I could not be more pleased. I was a bit hesitent after reading some of the reviews but when we toured the place Dad fell in love with it right away. The staff are very caring and attentive. I asked some of the staff why there was negative reviews and what changed. They told me that they had an administrator that didn't know what she was doing but the current administrator understands the business and is concerned for the residents wellbeing. I would recommend this place to everyone.

September 24, 2013

By woowoo

I visit this facility frequently and it is horrible...I would never put my parents here. Although the staff directly associated with the patients are mostly decent, the place is run horrible, management treats the staff unfairly and just plain disrespectful, they have ordinary people without a license or any kind give out medications to all residents. If there was ever an emergency at this facility many lives would be lost....consider any place but here!

November 29, 2012

By Brianclark

After a rough year with mom at home we made the move into the Eliot at Catskill the staff was so help full with the transition it wasn't easy at first for mom but over the year she has become a different person we cant even get her to come out with us for lunch or dinner when we come by shes usually sitting playing card or doing a crossword with her friends. We highly recommend The Eliot for anyone looking to place a relative or friend!!!

September 28, 2012

By Concerned444

Recently, our uncle, who was just put in the Eliot, was found not to have had a bath in over 7 days. In additon, a cup of medication with somebody else's name was found on the bureau in his room. When confronted about this, the aide said it wouldnt matter anyway as it was only Thyroud medication. I don't care what anybody says.....no matter what the medication, it could have adverse side affects with one of the medications that he or anybody else in the same prediciment would take. We are now looking to get him the hell outa there. This is scarey business. If you want proper care, this is NOT YOUR PLACE!

August 10, 2011

By owney

Other

This is a terrible facility it does not take care of its residents, they DO NOT FOLLOW UP on there care These Residents come to the Doctors office Dirty, confused, not knowing why they are there, we set them up for procedure and they never show up. When we follow-up to find out why the facility ( The Eliot) either does not know what we are talking about or says the patient never saw the doctor. I would NEVER RECOMMEND this Place to anyone. It should be closed down.

Photos of The Eliot at Catskill

Services and Amenities of The Eliot at Catskill

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private & Semi Private Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 300F033

About The Eliot at Catskill

Located in the cozy town of Catskill, The Eliot at Catskill sits on over 5 acres of beautiful lawns and gardens who’s sheer green beauty can be viewed from indoor sunrooms or shaded outdoor patios. Its location provides the feeling of peaceful country living while being only minutes from restaurants and shopping in downtown Catskill.

When living at home is no longer a safe and viable option, The Eliot at Catskill offers a wonderful solution. We provide your loved ones with high quality Residential and Personal Care services in a comfortable home-like setting. The Eliot at Catskill offers a range of beautifully decorated rooms and suites complete with private waiting rooms. Indoor lounges, beauty salon and even a full-sized theater help our residents live life to their fullest capacity. The Eliot at Catskill truly is distinctive senior living!

The Eliot at Catskill offers Residential & Personal Care Services like no other setting. Our residents have come to expect the same level of comfort and security as they would enjoy in their own homes.

• Studio, one bedroom and semi private suites
  • Three delicious homemade meals and refreshments daily
  • Special diets offered based on dietary needs
  • Daily recreational activities. View activity calendar
  • Cable Television
  • WIFI

Assisted Living Program:

• Provides Nursing & Personal Care in a home like setting
  • Allows your loved ones to age in place as opposed to moving to a nursing home
  • Assisted Living Program costs are covered by NYS Medicaid

We are dedicated to creating an environment where we consistently exceed the expectations of our residents, employees and regulators. Through exceptional care and services, unparalleled attention, a wide array of stimulating and engaging social activities, our residents live each day to the fullest.

Map of The Eliot at Catskill