6 Assisted Living Facilities near Hudson, NY
Also serving communities of Athens, Ghent, Chatham.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hudson area, with 2 in Hudson and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hudson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hudson 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Catskill with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hudson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hudson, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hudson
Hudson is the first city to be incorporated after the Treaty of Paris was signed and the thirteen colonies became the United States. During its early days, this bustling city had 1,500 residents, several wharves, four large warehouses, shops and distilleries. Today, Hudson has about 6,700 residents and a senior community that accounts for about 900 of those people.
Some of these seniors reside in one of Hudson's two assisted living facilities, which are officially referred to as adult care facilities. There are three more facilities in the nearby Catskill and Athens, and all assisted living facilities are governed by New York's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hudson
- Hudson seniors who receive retirement income from public pensions or Social Security don't pay state income tax on this income, and a large deduction is available to offset the state tax on private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts.
- The Hudson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Columbia Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hudson has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Columbia County Office for the Aging, an organization that runs mobility assistance programs, helps seniors learn about services in the area and runs a senior center.
Particle pollution levels in the Hudson region are very low, with the region tying for first place for the cleanest metropolitan areas in the nation for 24-hour particle pollution. This may benefit seniors with respiratory conditions.
- Hudson is an affordable place to live, especially by New York's standards. The overall cost of living is slightly below the national average and about 30% lower than the statewide average. This may make the city a good option for seniors with limited resources.
- In the summer, Hudson is warmer than most other cities in the state, though its humidity levels are relatively mild. Winters are chilly with lows around 15 degrees, and the city receives about 43 inches of annual snowfall. Hudson's climate may be well-suited for seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hudson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Hudson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hudson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hudson
Assisted living services in Hudson may be paid for by the Medicaid State Plan, the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) waiver program or the optional state supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hudson
Hudson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hudson, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hudson
Hudson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hudson
Review of The Independent Living Center of the Hudson Valley
My encounter at the facility was a very pleasant one as I was able to interact with the staff, specifically a social worker. She was very kind and it was evident that she was passionate about her j... Read more
Review of Home for the Aged
My Grandmother was in this facility and their lack of attention to her was startling. Many of her clothes, jewelry, and personal items were stolen. The Health Care providers had taken themselves ... Read more