19 Assisted Living Facilities near East Greenbush, NY
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Greenbush area, with 2 in East Greenbush and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Greenbush is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 122 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Greenbush. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Greenbush 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Greenbush, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in East Greenbush, NY
17 Assisted Living Facilities near East Greenbush, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Greenbush
East Greenbush is a suburb of New York's state capital, Albany. This town is named from the Dutch words for "pine woods." Seniors who enjoy spending time outside will find plenty of easy nature trails to stroll in this city. East Greenbush has about 16,000 residents, 18% of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. To accommodate these seniors, East Greenbush is home to two assisted living facilities, and there are an additional 17 nearby.
These assisted living communities are officially called adult care facilities and are licensed and regulated by the New York State Office for the Aging. Regulations include staff certification and access to nursing care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Greenbush
- East Greenbush's cost of living is slightly higher than the national average at 108 overall, compared to the baseline of 100. Housing costs are about 20 points higher, and healthcare and grocery costs are slightly lower. This may make budgeting for assisted living easier.
- Residents of East Greenbush, as in all of New York, do not pay state income tax for Social Security benefits. In addition, income from private pensions or other retirement accounts is tax exempt up to $20,000.
- The East Greenbush area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Albany.
- Weather in upstate New York is characterized by cold, snowy winters and warm summers. East Greenbush's January lows dip into the teens, while July high temperatures average around 83 degrees.
- Residents of East Greenbush have access to the Albany public transportation system, Capital District Transportation Authority. The CDTA offers reduced fares for seniors and para-transportation on request.
- Crime rates in East Greenbush are lower than the U.S. averages, rated from one to 10, with one being the safest. Violent crime ranks at 12.1 compared to the national average of 22.7, while violent crime rates are 32.8 compared to the national average of 35.4.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Greenbush
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in East Greenbush start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Greenbush and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Greenbush
New York offers a Community First Choice State Plan Option that includes two different Medicaid waivers for assisted living fee payment. The Assisted Living Program helps residents who need nursing care pay for assisted living fees, while the other Medicaid waiver offsets in-home care costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Greenbush
East Greenbush and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Greenbush, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Greenbush
East Greenbush-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in East Greenbush, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Greenbush
Review of Eddy Hawthorne Ridge
Terrace at Eddy Hawthorne Ridge was very clean. I felt that the people there were very friendly and the atmosphere was nice. The food was really delicious, and they had a lot of activities for the ... Read more
Review of Eddy Hawthorne Ridge
We chose Hawthorne Ridge for my aunt because it is close to home. Although she is not there yet, we are impressed with the rooms, the food, and the small number of apartments. Read more
Review of Eddy Hawthorne Ridge
Before my mother passed away, she was in a home called Hawthorne Ridge in their memory care unit. It was fine. I had no complaints with it. At that time, everything was brand new. I also had lunch ... Read more