24 Assisted Living Facilities near Niskayuna, NY
Also serving communities of Clifton Park.
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Niskayuna area, with 2 in Niskayuna and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Niskayuna is $4,851 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Latham with an average starting cost of $3,900.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Niskayuna. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Niskayuna 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Schenectady with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Niskayuna, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Niskayuna, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Niskayuna
Niskayuna, New York, is nestled alongside the Mohawk River, approximately 18 miles from Albany. Because nearly one-fifth of the population is over 65 years of age, Niskayuna offers its citizens 25 assisted living facilities within close proximity. Rather than being known as assisted living facilities in Niskayuna, the New York State Department of Health refers to these communities as adult care facilities and defines these centers as long-term establishments that offer residential services to adults who can't live independently. There are three separate types of ACFs available in New York and Niskayuna.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Niskayuna
- Niskayuna has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Niskayuna Senior Center, an organization that offers monthly outings to various places, exercise classes and transportation to and from medical appointments or shopping.
- The Niskayuna area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Ellis Hospital, located in Schenectady.
- Seniors who choose to live in Niskayuna will find the overall cost of living 15 percent cheaper than the average cost of living in the state of New York. All average costs in Niskayuna, including grocery, health and transportation costs, are cheaper in Niskayuna than New York at large, with housing costs being significantly cheaper.
- The crime rate in Niskayuna is 56 percent lower than the United States' average, and the number of annual crimes each year has decreased by 23 percent. Such promising statistics suggest Niskayuna is a safe place for assisted living for seniors.
- Air quality throughout the nation is measured by the EPA based on the number of harmful air pollutants. The air quality in Niskayuna is considered 7 percent better than the national average air quality. Seniors who enjoy exercising or recreation outdoors might benefit from the above-average air quality in Niskayuna.
- Average temperatures in Niskayuna range from 75 degrees in the summer to 25 degrees in the cooler months. Winters in Niskayuna are harsh, with nearly double the amount of snow received each year than the national average snowfall. This may be a consideration for seniors who dislike snow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Niskayuna
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Niskayuna start around $4,851 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Niskayuna and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Niskayuna
Seniors seeking financial aid for paying for assisted living in Niskayuna can turn to New York's Assisted Living Program waiver. Though this opportunity is restricted to 4,200 persons, it is available to private-paying applicants or Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Niskayuna
Niskayuna and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Niskayuna, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Niskayuna
Niskayuna-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Niskayuna
Review of Brookdale Niskayuna
Brookdale Niskayuna was a little expensive, but they were going to do a lot of things for my mother. The room was nice, and the staff members were very friendly. It was very nice and very lovely. F... Read more
Review of Brookdale Niskayuna
My mom is at Brookdale Niskayuna, and we like it a lot. They are very responsive if you have a question or an issue, and you email or call them. Especially now with COVID, they are always trying to... Read more
Review of Brookdale Niskayuna
We liked everything we saw at Brookdale Niskayuna. The dining facilities were very nice, very homey, and had an upscale restaurant type of feel. The rooms were nice. They had options of singles or ... Read more