11 Assisted Living Facilities near Kingston, NY
Also serving communities of Rosendale.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kingston area, with 2 in Kingston and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kingston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kingston 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rhinebeck with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kingston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kingston, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kingston
Located 91 miles north of New York City and 60 miles south of Albany, Kingston, New York, was originally the capital of the state. Having been named one of the Best Places for Artists by BusinessWeek Magazine, the Rondout neighborhood of Kingston offers artistic seniors an eclectic culture and many art galleries to enjoy. Senior citizens who are seeking assisted living in the Kingston area will find 11 facilities to choose from. In Kingston and throughout New York, assisted living facilities are referred to as adult care facilities (ACF) and are licensed and regulated by the New York State Department of Health. ACFs are defined by the state as centers that provide long-term, nonmedical residential services to dependent adults.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kingston
- The Kingston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus (formerly Kingston Hospital) and HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary's Avenue Campus (formerly Benedictine Hospital), in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation in Kingston is available through the CitiBus system at a half-price fare for anyone over 65. For seniors who would like to travel to New York City, Trailways of New York offers daily commuter service for a discounted rate with valid ID.
- The air quality in Kingston is 14 percent worse than the average national air quality and may worsen respiratory illnesses of seniors choosing to reside in the area.
- Kingston has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Kingston Senior Center, an organization that offers socialization and recreation through bus trips, outdoor hikes and the Bookworms Program, a program that allows children to connect with the seniors of Kingston.
- The overall cost of living in Kingston is 22 percent cheaper than the average cost of living throughout the state of New York, though average utility and health costs are more expensive in Kingston. Seniors who live in the area find average transportation, grocery and health costs are cheaper in Kingston.
- Seniors should be aware that Kingston's crime rates are 90 percent higher than the average crime rate throughout the state, which could create unsafe situations for seniors traveling alone or with valuables.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kingston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Kingston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kingston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kingston
Financial assistance for assisted living in Kingston is available to seniors through the Medicaid program's Assisted Living Program (ALP) waiver. However, seniors should be aware this opportunity is restricted to 4,200 persons throughout the state of New York, but it is available to private-paying applicants and Medicaid recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kingston
Kingston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kingston, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kingston
Kingston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kingston, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kingston
Review of Mountain Valley Manor
I toured Mountain Valley Manor Adult Home. It was a very nice facility, very clean, very well kept up, the staff seemed very efficient, and I was given a tour. I didn't have any meals there, the ro... Read more
Review of Hudson Valley Senior Residence
I toured Hudson Valley Senior Residence. It was very lovely, it was very nice, a good location, it looked comfortable, very well kept, and good staff that I could see. The food was very good. They ... Read more
Review of Hudson Valley Senior Residence
I am a volunteer at Hudson Valley Senior Residence. They have become an affiliate of TLCN. Because of that they have a new Administrator. This is one of the few Licensed Assisted Living facilities ... Read more