15 Assisted Living Facilities near Wappingers Falls, NY
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wappingers Falls area, with 2 in Wappingers Falls and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wappingers Falls is $5,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Poughkeepsie with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 55 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wappingers Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wappingers Falls 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Poughkeepsie with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wappingers Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wappingers Falls, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wappingers Falls
The Village of Wappingers Falls has a rich history, which visitors and residents can learn about at the Mesier Homestead and Museum, which is open on the second Sunday of every month. This small community is located in Dutchess County at the mouth of the Hudson River and has about 5,600 residents, almost 16% of whom are age 65 and over.
Seniors who need assistance with some activities of daily living have two facilities to choose from within Wappingers Falls proper, and there are over a dozen more in nearby cities. These facilities may also be called adult care facilities, and they are licensed by the Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wappingers Falls
- Social Security benefits are tax-exempt in Wappingers Falls, as in all of the state, and seniors may claim a large deduction to reduce what they pay in state income tax on other types of retirement income. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living.
Dutchess County Public Transit operates two routes in Wappingers Falls, both of which are available seven days a week. Every bus is equipped with wheelchair lifts and at least two wheelchair positions, making them accessible to those who use mobility aids.
- Seniors who have existing respiratory diseases or cardiovascular disease, particularly those who enjoy outdoor activities, may be affected by Wappingers Falls' high ozone pollution levels. The American Lung Association gives Dutchess County a D for this type of pollution and ranks the county 10 out of 228 metropolitan areas for high ozone days.
- While the overall cost of living in Wappingers Falls is about 15% higher than the national average, it is about 15% below the state average, which may make it a contender for seniors looking for affordable assisted living in New York.
- The Wappingers Falls area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Poughkeepsie.
- Over the course of a year, temperatures in Wappingers Falls range from 18 to 84 degrees, making it a good option for seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons. The region receives about 36 inches of snow and 47 inches of rain annually, compared to the respective national averages of 28 inches and 38 inches.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wappingers Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Wappingers Falls start around $5,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wappingers Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wappingers Falls
Medicaid-eligible seniors in Wappingers Falls may have assisted living services covered by New York's Medicaid State Plan or the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) waiver program. Additionally, the state provides an optional state supplement in addition to the federal Supplemental Security Income benefit, which can be used toward assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wappingers Falls
Wappingers Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wappingers Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wappingers Falls
Wappingers Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wappingers Falls, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wappingers Falls
Review of Pine Ridge Family Type Home for Adults
Pine Ridge Family Type Home for Adults was a house with four women sitting around watching TV. Afternoon activities and things like that don't usually happen. The staff said that they don't do them... Read more
Review of The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center
Do not consider for your loved one. It is extremely difficult to find a quality Medicare approved residence , which is partly why I chose this for Mom. Over the past few years, it has simply gone d... Read more
Review of The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center
I've been a resident at Avalon 4 years 8 months. To be bluntly honest I wouldn't recommend this place. Facility upkeep from a housekeeping perspective is poor. First floor dining room alone is in s... Read more