Braemar Living at Wallkill

Reviews of Braemar Living at Wallkill

Assisted Living Reviews for Braemar Living at Wallkill

November 29, 2016

By Kathy's friend

Kathy came to Braemar in January 2016 from a home situation in which she was unable to care for herself. She was not taking her medications, was not eating properly, and had fallen and broken her hip. Since her time at Braemar, she has had regular, balanced meals, daily medical attention, and the opportunity to meet people and to socialize. In fact, although a diabetic for at least 20 years, she has lost a healthy amount of weight and is no longer on a diabetic program. This is all thanks to the staff and the programs at Braemar. I would also like to thank the administration for their help in not only admitting Kathy but also in the steps needed to get her on a Medicaid program. She is happy, and so am I for her. Caring for a needy relative can be difficult. The staff at Braemar have made that task so much easier.

October 20, 2016

By Mary157172

Braemar at Wallkill is a beautiful place, and they actually had a separate dining room if you had a meal with friends which I thought was really nice. It would look like your dining room in a home. They had a bar for Happy Hour, it was fun, and they actually take 80 Medicaid beds, so that's why I went. The staff is very professional and helpful. They had a beautiful library and arts and crafts.

October 13, 2016

By Beth006471

Braemar living is very clean, beautiful, and big. The people are very friendly, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a lot of activities for the residents, they have 2 trips every day, and they have live entertainment every Thursday. They have Bingo and movies every day.

July 29, 2016

By Elaine444106

Braemar is a very nice, new, and big place. The people are very warm and friendly. They have a library, a movie room, and a charming cafe with a bar. The dining area is very nice and feels like a friendly place.

July 27, 2016

By Paula838140

We weren’t too thrilled with Braemar because it was assisted living. All of the floors were the same color, and it was very confusing. It was a new facility and was clean but felt different. The people seemed very nice.

May 10, 2016

By Kenneth BJZTMB

Braemar Living at Wallkill was big and had all the levels of care. It's on several floors, and they had elevators, which reminded me more of a hotel type institution. It's new, clean, and looked very nice but also looked a little clinical to me. The staff seemed to be very nice and had a lot of things for the patients to do during the day. The section where my mother was going to be in was the Alzheimer's section upstairs on the third floor behind a locked door. It just seemed a little too sterile to me. For people to get around there if you're not in the Alzheimer's section or special care section, they have to use elevators, which would be a challenge for some folks. The price was twice as much as what we're paying now and it really wasn't that much closer to where I live. I talked to some of the patients that were eating who liked the food and seemed to be satisfied. One patient told me it was better when they first came.

August 01, 2015

Braemar is a brand new facility, which is great. My mother-in-law is one of the first residents, and she was able to pick a nice room. She is getting a little bit of extra attention, which recently helps tremendously in the transition from leaving in her home to living in an assisted living. It is more likely independent living because they have different theories assistance. They also have a memory care unit which is wonderful because she does have dementia. I couldn’t be more pleased with the care that she is getting there. She had been health bound for 10 years, and after my father-in-law passed away, I have someone come today with her. She has people that she interacts with, and it really has been a positive experience. Communication is a bit difficult, I am in North Carolina, and they are in New York, but there isn’t anything that is life threatening.

Memory Care Reviews for Braemar Living at Wallkill

Costs for Braemar Living at Wallkill

Photos of Braemar Living at Wallkill

Services and Amenities of Braemar Living at Wallkill

• Housing Extra: Shared Living, Friendship Suites. Two Private Bed Rooms With Common Kitchenette And Shared Bathroom

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Pool Table, Pub, Cafe Available 24 Hours Per Day

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8:1 Memory Care
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: New York
  • State Licenses: 540-F-036

About Braemar Living at Wallkill

Braemar Living residences are the ideal place for seniors who want to enjoy a high-quality, engaged lifestyle and also may need on-site healthcare services and assistance. Situated on a six acre property in beautiful Middletown, NY, Braemar at Wallkill is a brand new assisting living residence designed to bring a luxury-level of living to the community at an affordable price.

The state-of-the-art facility accommodates 200 residents and offers modern amenities, as well as the highest level of care. Braemar at Wallkill is licensed by the New York State Department of Health as an Assisted Living Residence and Special Needs Assisted Living Residence.

Map of Braemar Living at Wallkill