8 Assisted Living Facilities near Goshen, NY
Also serving communities of Warwick.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Goshen area, with 2 in Goshen and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Goshen. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Goshen 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Middletown with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Goshen, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Goshen, NY
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Goshen, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Goshen
Review of Elant Inc
Elant Inc was great and almost like the grounds of a nursing home where they make sure you get your meds and everything. They showed me one specific room, which was a studio. Read more
Review of Elant Inc
I was very displeased with this facility. There is plaster on the walls showing, the lobby smells of urine. If you call the nursing desk you can call for hours and hours before someone picks up. ... Read more
Review of Glen Arden
I’m very impressed with Glen Arden as the staff and the residents were very friendly. It’s very well kept and everything , the nursing care apartment and the entire operation, was first class. It h... Read more
Assisted Living near Orange County, NY
More Options Near Goshen, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Goshen
The quaint town of Goshen is home to some 13,869 people spread out over the area’s 10 interconnection communities. The town itself is just 44 square miles, but what it lacks in area it makes up for in access; it’s less than an hour-and-a-half drive to New York City and all that metropolis has to offer. There are two assisted living facilities in Goshen available to cater to the roughly 17.5 percent of the local population aged 65 years or older, plus another 11 facilities in the surrounding area.
As is the case in the rest of New York State, Goshen’s assisted living facilities are officially categorized as adult care facilities (ACF) and are regulated and monitored by the New York State Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Goshen
- Goshen gets slightly more rain on an annual basis compared to the national average and significantly more snow (40 inches per year versus 26 inches), making it relatively more difficult for active seniors to enjoy outdoor pursuits. Summers are slightly more comfortable with highs in July hovering around 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Goshen, thanks to violent crime rates that are more than 10 points below the national average.
- The cost of living in Goshen is on par with state averages, but New York as a whole is less affordable than the rest of the country. Goshen’s senior residents can expect to pay more for groceries, health, housing, utilities and transportation.
- While there are regional buses providing frequent service from Goshen to New York City, local public transportation is limited. One option available to seniors is Dial-A-Bus, a reservation-only service that offers discount fares for riders 60 years of age or older as well as those with disabilities.
- Goshen has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Middletown.
Paying for Assisted Living in Goshen
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Goshen start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Goshen and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Goshen
For low-income seniors in Hempstead looking for help paying for a place in an assisted living facility, New York State’s Medicaid program offers two possible initiatives: the Assisted Living Program (ALP) and the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Goshen
Goshen and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Goshen, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Goshen
Goshen-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.