The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center

Reviews of The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center

Assisted Living Reviews for The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center

October 27, 2015

By Susan111084050

The staff at Avalon Assisted Living couldn't be nicer to me for my father-in-law. We're supposed to take him to another facility originally but they made it so difficult for us. In fact, my father-in-law had to undergo an assessment to qualify and they want us to bring my father-in-law who was in a wheelchair. We should bring him in a week to take the assessment but we don't have a wheel chair just for home and they told us to come up with an alternative plan. When we called the Avalon they said we will just have a Facetime call with him or Skype him to decide if they can with the doctor's evaluation, can determine if he is qualified. The Avalon made it so easy for us and every time we call they have a time for us. When my husband and I went to see them we were accompanied by the girl named Irish who was working there. As we were walking everybody was saying "Hi Irish! We love you Irish!" and they all just seem so happy while the other facility was so cold and stiff. Even though this place was not half as nice as the other place we just felt so warm and welcomed and I think my father will just be very happy there. They have a spa room which each resident once a week get to go into. Inside the spa they have a big jacuzzi, candles and music. Then they have bingo nights too. They have two big rooms with big televisions. They don't really have a lot of activities unfortunately.

March 26, 2015

By Richard103525950

My mother had a shared room, which was very small. They were not very attentive people and not very caring. Avalon was a little bit of a rundown place on the interior. The menu was very limited.

November 04, 2014

By Rosemarie7

I visited The Avalon for my parents. It was old and dingy. The room that the resident would be was like a hospital room. There was nothing cozy. It was just not good. The one staff who showed us around was nice. However, the only amenities that I was ever to see were the library and two dining rooms, and that was it! It was a horrible place.

About The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center

The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center is a senior living provider in Wappingers Falls, New York that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Avalon Assisted Living and Wellness Center