6 Assisted Living Facilities near West Yarmouth, MA
Also serving communities of Yarmouth Port, Centerville.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Yarmouth area, with 2 in West Yarmouth and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Yarmouth is $6,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include South Yarmouth with an average starting cost of $5,565.
To help you with your search, browse the 28 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Yarmouth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Yarmouth 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South Yarmouth with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Yarmouth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in West Yarmouth, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Yarmouth
West Yarmouth is a census-designated place (CDP) in the town of Yarmouth, Massachusetts. It has a large senior population, with those over the age of 65 making up nearly a quarter of its 6,000-person population. Seniors looking for assisted living in West Yarmouth will find two facilities within the CDP and another 10 facilities nearby.
In Massachusetts, assisted living facilities are officially known as assisted living residences and provide room and board as well as supportive services that make it possible for seniors to age in place. These facilities are certified and regulated by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Yarmouth
- While the overall cost of living in Massachusetts is 25 percent higher than the national average, this is mainly due to the high cost of housing. Seniors can expect to spend about 6 percent more on groceries and 10 percent more on transportation costs than they would elsewhere in the country, although healthcare expenses are generally about 17 percent lower.
- In Massachusetts, Social Security benefits are tax exempt, though most other forms of retirement income are taxable. Seniors who draw an income from pensions or retirement accounts should speak to a tax expert to determine how Massachusetts’ laws will affect them.
- The overall crime rate in West Yarmouth is 39 percent lower than the national average and is safer than 42 percent of U.S. cities. This may appeal to seniors who enjoy being out in the community.
- Public transportation in West Yarmouth is provided by the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority (CCRTA). In addition to providing fixed routes, which seniors can ride at a discounted rate, CCRTA also provides ADA/Dial-a-Ride by appointment.
- The West Yarmouth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cape Cod Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- West Yarmouth has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, an organization that provides programs and services that promote seniors' social, physical and financial wellness, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Yarmouth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in West Yarmouth start around $6,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Yarmouth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Yarmouth
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Yarmouth
West Yarmouth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Yarmouth, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Yarmouth
West Yarmouth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Yarmouth
Review of Mill Hill Residence, a Maplewood at Mayflower Place Community
Beautiful spacious Modern facility with many amenities and activities. Staff is very dedicated and extremely helpful and caring. Read more
Review of Maplewood at Mayflower Place
Maplewood at Mayflower Place has recently been taken over by a Connecticut company and their prices have gone way up, so we just backed off. They've redone a lot of the facility. I saw one room whi... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Mayflower Place
We will be moving into Maplewood; it has all of the features that we are looking for to be able to move to independent living, and assisted living as needed without having to move. They also have m... Read more