9 Assisted Living Facilities near West Groton, MA
Also serving communities of Ayer.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Groton area, with 1 in West Groton and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Groton is $4,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Leominster with an average starting cost of $4,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Groton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Groton 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fitchburg with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Groton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in West Groton, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Groton
West Groton, a small suburb of Boston, Massachusetts, is rich in precolonial and Revolutionary War history. Today, the picturesque town strives to preserve its rich history and scenic views, with emphasis on land conservation and open public green spaces and trails. The population of West Groton is just 11,000, 20.7 percent of whom are seniors over 60. There are 60 assisted living facilities in the greater Boston area to serve these seniors.
The State of Massachusetts regulates assisted living facilities via the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. This body composes and enforces regulations, including the types of rooms and bathroom facilities and compliance with federal and state emergency evacuation requirements. Assisted living facilities must have a designated Service Coordinator responsible for overseeing patient care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Groton
Weather in West Groton is characterized by warm summers and cold winters with plenty of snow. July high temperatures average 83 degrees, while January lows average just 14. Seniors who are sensitive to cold temperatures may not enjoy living here.
- West Groton's cost of living comes in at 150.6 compared to a base U.S. average of 100. Housing costs make the biggest difference, at 225 compared to the average of 100. Healthcare and grocery costs are closer to the rest of the country, however, at 83 and 105.7 respectively, compared to the average of 100. Seniors on a fixed income may see higher board fees for assisted living, although those with chronic health conditions may see their health care costs drop.
- Crime rates in West Groton are measured on a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being the safest. Violent crime rates in West Groton are 20.3 compared to the U.S. average of 31.1, while property crimes are 21.3 compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors will enjoy living in a safe community but are encouraged to use caution when traveling into Boston proper.
- Massachusetts does not tax Social Security income, which may leave more money available for assisted living costs. In addition, those over 65 may claim a state tax exemption, and there are several other exemptions for seniors and those with a qualifying disability.
- West Groton is home to world-class medical facilities, including Groton Health Center - Emerson Hospital and Nashoba Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- West Groton, as a suburb of Boston, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Groton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in West Groton start around $4,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Groton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Groton
Seniors in West Groton, as in all of Massachusetts, may be eligible for state supplements for assisted living. The State Supplement Program (SSP) offers assisted living supplemental payments depending on the individual's living arrangements. This is referred to as SSI-G. SSI-G beneficiaries use the benefit to buy room and board in assisted living. The program is income-based and open to all who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Groton
West Groton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Groton, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Groton
West Groton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Groton
Review of Rivercourt Residences
My stepmother is in River Court Residences. We choose it primarily because it is close to their home where they know everybody. It is a memory care unit. It is a shared room setting, two to a unit.... Read more
Review of Rivercourt Residences
River Court is fifteen minutes away from all of us. Everything has been great. It is very good. It is not that far, so it is easier for us to go to. They have everything going on in there. I have n... Read more