9 Assisted Living Facilities near Lenox, MA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lenox area, with 2 in Lenox and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lenox. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lenox 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsfield with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lenox, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lenox, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lenox
Full of rich history and beautiful scenery, the small town of Lenox, Massachusetts, is enjoyed by an active senior community of more than 1,400 residents aged 65 and over. Some of these seniors reside in the two assisted living communities located in the town limits. Other accommodations are available at seven additional facilities in nearby areas. In Massachusetts, The Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for certifying and regulating these facilities which are officially known as assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lenox
- When seniors in Lenox enjoy outdoor recreation, they don't have to worry that the quality of the air will worsen any breathing conditions. Berkshire County, where Lenox is located, gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution from the American Lung Association. There have been no measurable days of high particle pollution in the county since 2014.
- Winters in Lenox can be quite harsh with average lows in January dropping to just 11 degrees. In addition, 62 inches of snow falls each year. Summer, however, is a great time of year to go outside with average highs in July reaching 80 degrees.
- Berkshire County, where Lenox is located, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Lenox has many arts and culture locations that seniors can enjoy. The Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum showcases the area's history of rail development in the 19th century. The Wit Gallery has an extensive collection of joyful, musical, witty and thoughtful art in many different types of media.
- The cost of living in Lenox is 18% higher than the national average of 100. It is, however, 21 points lower than the Massachusetts average of 139. This may make Lenox an affordable place for seniors who want to stay in the state.
- Lenox has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Pittsfield.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lenox
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Lenox start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lenox and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lenox
Seniors in Massachusetts who qualify for the state's Medicaid system may be able to get financial assistance for assisted living through the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G) Assisted Living Benefit programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lenox
Lenox and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lenox, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lenox
Lenox-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lenox
Review of PineHill at Kimball Farms
We liked Kimball Farms. The staff was very helpful. I liked that it was a very active community. They had a lot of activities and good transportation in the area. The rooms and the dining room were... Read more