9 Assisted Living Facilities near Lee, MA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lee area, with 2 in Lee and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lee 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsfield with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lee, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lee
Lee, Massachusetts, is a mountain town centrally located in scenic Berkshire County, an area famous for attractions such as the Berkshire Botanical Garden and the Norman Rockwell Museum. Seniors can choose from two assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Lee and another nine in the surrounding area. The state of Massachusetts defines these facilities as residential settings for seniors that offer services such as 24-hour supervision, medication management and assistance with daily living. ALFs are licensed and regulated by the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lee
- The winters are cold in Lee, with an average low of 12 degrees in January and 59 inches of heavy snowfall, which is over twice as much as the national average. This may cause difficulties for seniors with limited mobility, but with warm summers that have an average high of 80 degrees in July, and lush scenery, seniors may be willing to brave the cold.
- The crime rate in Lee is a little higher than U.S. averages, which may make seniors and their loved ones feel slightly unsafe. Violent crime is rated at 44.2 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 43, which is slightly higher than the national average of 38.1.
- This down-to-earth Berkshire town offers classic New England living. Seniors in Lee can fish, swim or comb the shores of Sandy Beach at Laurel Lake. Some might enjoy visiting the historic Morgan House Inn which has been serving up lunch since the 1850s.
- The Lee area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Berkshire Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lee is located in Berkshire County, which is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The American Lung Association gave Berkshire County a fantastic Particle Pollution-24 hour score of A. Seniors with asthma or a respiratory illness may fare better here than in more polluted areas.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Lee start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lee
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living costs may be eligible for Massachusetts’ non-Medicaid Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program. The state’s Medicaid Assisted Living Benefit programs, the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G) may also be available to qualified seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lee
Lee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lee, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lee
Lee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lee
Review of Lee HealthCare
Laurel Lake seemed very nice. It is an assisted living facility and they seem very flexible. He can go there for a week or two weeks, if my father wants to come up and visit, which is great. He doe... Read more
Review of Lee HealthCare
This facility is very expensive from what I've heard but you know what they say, you get what you pay for. Because this facility is very nice, clean, sanitary and well maintained. I would visit thi... Read more