3 Assisted Living Facilities near Worton, MD
Also serving communities of Chestertown, Sudlersville.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Worton area, with 2 in Worton and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Worton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Worton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Worton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Worton, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Worton
Worton is a small community in Kent County, Maryland, and as of 2010, it was home to just 249 residents. Throughout Kent County, more than 25% of the population is aged 65 and older. Some seniors in the area require long-term care in assisted living facilities. Those who do can choose from three assisted living facilities. In Worton and throughout Maryland, assisted living facilities are officially referred to as Assisted Living Programs and are licensed by the Maryland Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Worton
- On a scale of one to 100 where 100 represents high crime, the violent crime rate in Worton is only 19.4, which is below the national average. Seniors and their loved ones can rest assured knowing that Worton is a relatively safe community.
- The weather in Worton is seasonal, yet mild, which is a major draw for some seniors. The city has an average high of 87 degrees in July and an average low of 25 in January, as well as just 60 inches of precipitation per year, which is 6 inches less than the average U.S. city.
- Although Worton's overall cost of living is just 2.2% behind the national average, the cost of housing is nearly 7% below average, which is likely to have an effect on assisted living costs. As a result, seniors with limited funds may appreciate the affordability of this city.
- Worton's air quality is rated 78 on a scale of one to 100, where 100 represents the best quality. This is 20% higher than the national average. Seniors living in the area can live with little concern for adverse health effects caused by the air they breathe.
- The Worton area has no healthcare facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness with the nearest major hospital located in Chestertown.
- Worton has no public transportation options, which means that seniors are required to rely on other methods of transportation such as family, friends or facility shuttles to attend appointments and run errands.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Worton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Worton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Worton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Worton
Worton's senior citizens may be eligible for state funding to help them cover the cost of assisted living. The Medicaid HCBS Community Options waiver helps to cover assisted living care for low-income seniors, while the Maryland Department of Aging's funding programs, which include the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program and the state's long-term living supplement help to cover room-and-board costs in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Worton
Worton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Worton, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Worton
Worton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Worton
Review of Our Home in the Country2, LLC
At OHITC2, The atomphee is very home like, the meals are served and eaten in a Famly settng. The residents are happy and content The staff i very pleasant and very in tune with their residents ne... Read more