21 Assisted Living Facilities near Falmouth, ME
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Falmouth area, with 3 in Falmouth and 18 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 75 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Falmouth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Falmouth 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Scarborough with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Falmouth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Falmouth, ME
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Falmouth
Just to the north of Maine's largest city, Portland, the scenic town of Falmouth in Cumberland County is home to one of the state's largest anchorages. It's located on beautiful Casco Bay with ferry-connected islands and famous lighthouses. Assisted living in Falmouth comes complete with fresh sea air, postcard-quality views and a stable, affluent older population with a median age of 47.6.
There are six assisted living facilities in the town of Falmouth and 23 in the nearby Portland area. Cumberland County has 89, the largest number in the state. Maine's Department of Health and Human Services sets specific standards for assisted living facilities, including the requirement that a new resident must have a care plan developed within 30 days of admission.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Falmouth
- Falmouth has moderate summers but fairly cold winters with temperatures well below freezing and snowfall above the national average, which may limit outdoor activities.
- The cost of living in Falmouth is well above the national average, mostly driven by the price of housing. Other costs are close to average. The greater Portland area has plenty of places to shop for groceries and personal items, which is not always true in the sparsely populated state of Maine.
- Falmouth violent and property crime indices are well below the national average, indicating that it's a relatively safe, secure community.
- The Portland area has several volunteer-based transportation organizations such as ITN plus medical transportation options and ADA paratransit for the mobility impaired. The greater Portland METRO transit system serves Falmouth and surrounding communities.
- It's not far from Falmouth to the Portland Art Museum, waterfront concerts at the Maine State Pier, concerts at the State Theatre and music, dance and theater at Portland Ovations. Seniors enjoy the variety of activities this city offers.
- The Falmouth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Maine Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Falmouth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maine
Assisted Living costs in Falmouth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Falmouth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Falmouth
The State of Maine offers a supplement program, administered at the county level with state funds which complements federal SSI funding for assisted living and other services. In some cases, the program also assists those not eligible for SSI.
MaineCare, Maine's version of Medicaid, provides Consumer-Directed Attendant Services (CDAS) or Personal Care Option which helps pay for personal care without location restraints.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maine page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Falmouth
Falmouth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Falmouth, please visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Falmouth
Falmouth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maine are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maine page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Falmouth
Review of Ocean View at Falmouth
Everything at Oceanview was great and wonderful, including the people, the food, the accommodations, and the choices of living. The quality of the construction of both cottages and apartments were ... Read more
Review of Ocean View at Falmouth
Oceanview is nice and clean but small. There weren't many activities and amenities. I ate there, and the food was great. Pricing was competitive. Read more
Review of Falmouth by the Sea
My father has been moved in to Foreside Harbor for a week now. We have another relative that has been there for two years, so we were very pleased that they had an opening as we are familiar there.... Read more