Huntington Common

Reviews of Huntington Common

Independent Living Reviews for Huntington Common

June 28, 2012

By caring6201

They're very good down there and I have no complaints with it at all! It's a very nice place and they treat my mother wonderfully there. The staff is great. I really don't have any complaints yet. I chose it because of the price. For the price, it was one of the best places I've looked at. It was one of the top 5 best places I've seen and the money was half of what other places wanted. I was looking for the best for the least. It's a very nice place. It's very clean and modern. It's like a hotel. Mom's room is comfortable, spacious, and looked cheerful. Food is also very good there. I know they're busy like all other places but I would like them to improve on their communication. Other than that, I have no problem with them whatsoever. I would recommend the facility. Mom is okay there. Well in their unit they have dementia, so you have to take it for what it is.

May 29, 2012

By April2

My spouses uncle has lived at this facility since his wife suddenly passed away a few years ago. My husband and mother-in-law went with him to tour several facilities and this was the one they all agreed was the best. When we visited him last fall I could not agree more. It is located in a beautiful spot just a few miles from the beach and only blocks from downtown Kennebunk. It is on thirty-seven acres of beautiful property. They also offer fine dining, cafe, library,fitness club and more. When we visited Maine we went to see him several times. One time we ate at the fine dining option and it was really great food and service. Another time I packed a picnic lunch that we enjoyed on the grounds of the facility. The staff was always more then willing to help and he has always said that they are kind, friendly, prompt, and helpful. They also allow small pets which was one thing that he really wanted. And for those residents that are physically able they have bike and walking paths and a putting green. He is able to take advantage of all the facilities. There is also scheduled activities and transportation that he uses a lot. If I had to go to a assisted living facility and I lived in Maine I would love to go to this one.

March 25, 2012

By elvisfan

Other

The Certified Nursing Assistants were mean to some of the residents and even yelled at them. I would not want a famiiy member there.

Questions about Huntington Common

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Huntington Common. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Approximately 100 residents. Bridge, Outings, Chair Yoga, Senior College, Art & Music.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The ocean is 4 miles from Huntington Common. The quaint downtown shopping area is within 2 miles of the community. More than 50 restaurants within a 5 miles radius. Quest Fitness & pool one-half mile away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Huntington Common has organized?

Restaurant outings, beach rides, etc.

What transportation services does Huntington Common offer to independent living residents?

Transportation based on availability for shopping and leisure activities. Weekly transportation to grocery shopping offered once/ week at no charge. Transportation to medical appointments offered for a minimal charge.

What makes the chef or dining program at Huntington Common exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Sunrise Signature Dining Program offers a wide variety of home-cooked meals, using locally sourced seasonal vegetables, fish, etc.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library and Parlor featuring wood-burning fireplaces. The Bistro, Billiards Room, Chapel, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room and outside patio and deck, and gazebo.

What safety features or security measures does Huntington Common offer to independent living residents?

Call pendants for all residents, in addition to pull cords in each apartment's bathroom and bedroom. Sprinkler system and fire doors throughout the buildings. Generator.

If Huntington Common accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Well-behaved dogs of up 25 lbs. and friendly cats are welcome everywhere in the community!

Does Huntington Common work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Huntington Common has a Wellness Team of 6 nurses onsite daily, with access to area medical providers such as visiting nurses, wound care, therapy. Coastal Rehab offering physical, occupational and speech therapy has a location onsite.

Photos of Huntington Common

Services and Amenities of Huntington Common

About Huntington Common

Huntington Common is a Sunrise Senior Living community. For over 27 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors, families, and caregivers with innovative senior living options. Because it is our mission to champion the quality of life for all seniors, we offer a variety of living amenities and service options. By providing these choices, a variety of lifestyles are offered to our residents. Huntington Common residents can access an array of additional services when the time is right.

Nestled among 37 acres of serene pleasure and alongside the Kennebunk River in Kennebunk, Maine, the River Cottages at Huntington Common IL offer country cottage living options with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, fully equipped kitchen, mudroom, screened porch, and garage. Our River cottage residents have access to all of the amenities of Huntington Common. You, too, can have all the comforts of home at the River Cottages at Huntington Common IL.

You can live your dreams at Huntington Common.

Map of Huntington Common