Huntington Common

Reviews of Huntington Common

Assisted Living Reviews for Huntington Common

August 26, 2014

By Caring86420450

Every aspect of Huntington Common was very well maintained, outside and inside. They had adequate amenities, but everything was kept up to a fresh, very attractive appearance. I felt that the rooms were well maintained and nicely upgraded from time to time, and I thought that the common areas were very, very nicely done. Based on what I saw, the food looked fine. I don't think it's gourmet by any stretch, but it looked like it was decent. It gave them at least a couple of choices, and it looked like it was something that my parents could handle. It has very nice little destination spots throughout the grounds where a person could walk and take a rest. If somebody wanted to have a little space where they have their own garden, they can have their own garden even.

Independent Living Reviews for Huntington Common

September 17, 2017

By Michon

Huntington Common was nice, clean, and attractive. The people were very nice. The dining area was very pretty. It was very quiet when I was there, but they had excursions here and there.

January 06, 2017

By Gisele D.

We didn't feel comfortable in the main apartment house of Huntington Common, but my mother felt comfortable in the assisted living section when we walked around. She didn't know anybody there. The staff was perfect, very pleasant, and very courteous. She was greeted by the staff we met in the hallway. There were a few people in independent living that were playing cards at the table, but there wasn't any structured activity.

June 17, 2016

By Murielle801210

I was previously at Huntington Common. The place was excellent. I would highly rate it. Their customer service was great, although they cost more. They staff was very professional and didn't give me a hard time. They had a full kitchen, and you can have a meal plan of either one or two meals a day.

July 01, 2015

By Concerned grandkid

Lovely facilities, nice care attendants but skimpy staffing. Hard to find out who's in charge of loved one. Think they need a better system to make sure someone's always watching. Lots of folks parked in front of tv or asleep in dining room. Think I will keep looking for a place for Grandpa

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

May 04, 2015

By dementia in ME

I recently visited my twin there at the dementia unit. it seemed quite nice, lovely facility and the staff was so pleasant. Being her twin and a nurse ,too.(She is a nurse ,too) I really would liked to have talked with someone there. Keep up the good work and hope ,always, that the girls are always sweet ,pleasant and kind. Unfortunately I am not near by.

February 09, 2015

We had friends at Huntington Common. The food was fine, and the facility was clean.

January 15, 2015

By Linda104449050

My father-in-law is at Huntington Common. He has dementia. With regards to the care and the staff, we are very happy. They're excellent. They're very attentive and loving. They do a lot of nice things with my father-in-law. We think they're wonderful. Like at Christmas Eve, they had a chorus they did with them. They have a beautiful girl that comes in and even dances with some of the older people, like a ballroom dancing kind of thing. They have music a lot. The facility is just very attentive, and they're always doing something. They even trucked two beautiful horses and make you all go out and pet them to make them feel better. They brought them right to the place. I can't recommend this place enough. We are very happy with this place and their care. It is always clean and immaculate.

April 22, 2014

By Caring1964

Huntington Common was a lovely facility. I think it is very secure. The staff was caring and attentive. It was very good. We were looking for a one-bedroom, and it was quite sufficient for my mother's needs. It was comfortable-looking. They would offer luncheons and outings for their residents.

June 28, 2012

By caring6201

They're very good down there and I have no complaints with it at all! It's a very nice place and they treat my mother wonderfully there. The staff is great. I really don't have any complaints yet. I chose it because of the price. For the price, it was one of the best places I've looked at. It was one of the top 5 best places I've seen and the money was half of what other places wanted. I was looking for the best for the least. It's a very nice place. It's very clean and modern. It's like a hotel. Mom's room is comfortable, spacious, and looked cheerful. Food is also very good there. I know they're busy like all other places but I would like them to improve on their communication. Other than that, I have no problem with them whatsoever. I would recommend the facility. Mom is okay there. Well in their unit they have dementia, so you have to take it for what it is.

May 29, 2012

By April2

My spouses uncle has lived at this facility since his wife suddenly passed away a few years ago. My husband and mother-in-law went with him to tour several facilities and this was the one they all agreed was the best. When we visited him last fall I could not agree more. It is located in a beautiful spot just a few miles from the beach and only blocks from downtown Kennebunk. It is on thirty-seven acres of beautiful property. They also offer fine dining, cafe, library,fitness club and more. When we visited Maine we went to see him several times. One time we ate at the fine dining option and it was really great food and service. Another time I packed a picnic lunch that we enjoyed on the grounds of the facility. The staff was always more then willing to help and he has always said that they are kind, friendly, prompt, and helpful. They also allow small pets which was one thing that he really wanted. And for those residents that are physically able they have bike and walking paths and a putting green. He is able to take advantage of all the facilities. There is also scheduled activities and transportation that he uses a lot. If I had to go to a assisted living facility and I lived in Maine I would love to go to this one.

March 25, 2012

By elvisfan

Other

The Certified Nursing Assistants were mean to some of the residents and even yelled at them. I would not want a famiiy member there.

Questions about Huntington Common

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Huntington Common. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Approximately 100 residents. Bridge, Outings, Chair Yoga, Senior College, Art & Music.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The ocean is 4 miles from Huntington Common. The quaint downtown shopping area is within 2 miles of the community. More than 50 restaurants within a 5 miles radius. Quest Fitness & pool one-half mile away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Huntington Common has organized?

Restaurant outings, beach rides, etc.

What transportation services does Huntington Common offer to independent living residents?

Transportation based on availability for shopping and leisure activities. Weekly transportation to grocery shopping offered once/ week at no charge. Transportation to medical appointments offered for a minimal charge.

What makes the chef or dining program at Huntington Common exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Sunrise Signature Dining Program offers a wide variety of home-cooked meals, using locally sourced seasonal vegetables, fish, etc.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library and Parlor featuring wood-burning fireplaces. The Bistro, Billiards Room, Chapel, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room and outside patio and deck, and gazebo.

What safety features or security measures does Huntington Common offer to independent living residents?

Call pendants for all residents, in addition to pull cords in each apartment's bathroom and bedroom. Sprinkler system and fire doors throughout the buildings. Generator.

If Huntington Common accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Well-behaved dogs of up 25 lbs. and friendly cats are welcome everywhere in the community!

Does Huntington Common work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Huntington Common has a Wellness Team of 6 nurses onsite daily, with access to area medical providers such as visiting nurses, wound care, therapy. Coastal Rehab offering physical, occupational and speech therapy has a location onsite.

Photos of Huntington Common