8 Assisted Living Facilities near Kennebunk, ME
Also serving communities of Sanford, Springvale, Kittery.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kennebunk area, with 3 in Kennebunk and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kennebunk is $3,895 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kennebunk. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kennebunk 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rochester with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kennebunk, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Kennebunk, ME
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kennebunk
Kennebunk, Maine, is home to the Seashore Trolley Museum, which is the oldest public transportation museum in the country. Seniors may enjoy seeing railcars from almost every city in the United States that had railway systems as well as lounging on the various beaches and viewing art at the River Tree Center for the Arts.
There are three assisted living facilities (ALFs) within Kennebunk city limits, and nine in the surrounding area. The Maine Department of Health and Human Services licenses ALFs in Kennebunk. These facilities provide personal care services and supervision to seniors in a homelike setting and are also known as residential care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kennebunk
- Kennebunk is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Seniors with a respiratory illness or severe asthma may be adversely affected by the air quality in this area. The American Lung Association gave York County a poor ozone rating of D.
- The Kennebunk area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southern Maine Health Care — Biddeford Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Kennebunk can enjoy a pleasant summer climate, with an average high temperature of 78 degrees in July. Winters can get cold, however, with an average low temperature of 13 degrees in January, and 55 inches of snowfall. Seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty being active all year round.
- The crime rates in Kennebunk are just below the U.S. averages, which could make seniors and their loved ones feel safe and secure. Violent crime is rated at 30.8 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 31.7, which is also lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors who like to soak in the sun can choose between Mother’s Beach, Middle Beach or Gooch’s Beach in Kennebunk. They can explore the local art walk every month downtown or enjoy music at the Vinegar Hill Music Theatre.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kennebunk
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maine
Assisted Living costs in Kennebunk start around $3,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kennebunk and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kennebunk
Qualified Maine seniors may be able to receive help paying for assisted living costs through MaineCare’s Long-Term Care program provided by the state’s Medicaid plan. There are no non-Medicaid programs available for ALFs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maine page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kennebunk
Kennebunk and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kennebunk, please visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kennebunk
Kennebunk-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maine are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maine page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kennebunk, ME
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kennebunk
Review of Atria Kennebunk
We moved into Atria Kennebunk. The food is very good, very tasty, and has a great variety. The only problem with it now is because of COVID-19, we have to eat in our room, and they deliver it to us... Read more
Review of Huntington Common
Huntington Common was very clean, and the layout was circular with no separate wings. My mother-in-law was well cared for there, and the staff was compassionate and attentive. The dining area was r... Read more
Review of Huntington Common
My mother has moved into Huntington Common. It is very pleasant. My mother is very comfortable. She has adjusted, too. The staff members are very attentive to her needs. I have eaten there a couple... Read more