Atria Kennebunk

Reviews of Atria Kennebunk

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Kennebunk

August 27, 2014

By Caring86420450

My aunt is in Atria, literally down the street, so I'm familiar with it -- very, very much. It was a better fit for my aunt than the place she was before. The food is absolutely outstanding. You can get cooked to order food for breakfast. At lunch, there is a choice of at least 2 entrees, usually 3. If you don't want the entrees, there's always soup, salad, and sandwiches, so very extensive menu choices, and dinner is usually a lighter fare but still has a lot of choices. They have fairly regular activities. The mini bus is scheduled for certain days to go banking or for groceries, and then on certain days, they can reserve it for doctor's appointments and that's a free deal. They have a beauty salon, and she'll do both men and women's hair. They have a TV room on the first floor, and they use that for activities and so on. They have a separate room with TV, puzzles, and activities on the second floor, and they have laundry rooms on each floor. The lobby has just been done over with all brand new fixtures, chairs, flooring, carpeting. It's absolutely beautiful. I have seen the 2-bedrooms, which I thought were reasonable, not huge but fine. My aunt lives in a studio, and it's a very adequate studio. It works for her. It's a nice layout. They have a nice little campus, very nicely landscaped. They have a patio so that if people want to go outside, there are chairs and tables, and they'll give them beverages if they wish to go outside. The staff is very helpful. My aunt cannot see well and so they literally lay out her clothes the night before. Housekeeping there is fine; they'll do that once a week. They do her laundry and I've seen other types of modest assistance with medicine management. It's independent but there is some assistance available. She has never been healthier. She has to walk from the end of the hallway down to get on the elevator to go downstairs then she goes out another corridor to get to her meals so that's 6 times a day. She's OK with that.

June 26, 2014

By James88409750

I think Atria Kennebunk is a top-notch facility. The dining hall is like going to a café restaurant where you sit down, order from a menu, and somebody will come and serve you. You can select want you want. The assisted living is very nice, comfortable, and very homey. The staff are very friendly. We happened to know the head nurse, so that was nice. She is very informative and assessed my mother-in-law on what she could do for her. She was very helpful in the placement of my mother-in-law at Atria. The staff keeps in touch with you. They call you constantly if there is any kind of issue to make sure that you are aware of what is going on and get some guidance from you on anything that they should do dealing with her care. I highly recommend them.

January 31, 2014

I did not really respond to Atria Kennebunk. Physically, it just felt a little more like a hotel and it didn't feel as cozy and congenial as the other facility. I just didn't get the same vibe. I could not really get my mind around my in-laws living there. However, the facility seemed clean and fine. Also the staff was very friendly and very accommodating.

I’m glad to hear that you found our staff to be pleasant the last time you visited our community. We are always striving to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our residents and visitors, and we appreciate any feedback we receive. If we can ever be of assistance to you, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line. And please feel free to drop by again anytime!

September 05, 2013

By Sabrina W.

Lil, the woman who showed us around, was very helpful and knowledgeable (prices, specials that they were offering at the time, staffing and resident numbers, activities, meals etc.). We had a long list of questions and they were all answered calmly (not an agitated and hurried pace that we experienced elsewhere). The community was well kept (grounds and pathways, common rooms, laundry areas, dinning area). There were friendly residents and staff at every turn. My sister and I came away feeling that our Mum would be welcomed, comfortable and watched over in their caring community.

June 20, 2012

By Biscuit Street

The Atria is a nice building located in downtown Kennebunk, the interior of which is very clean, formal and professional. The secretary behind the desk was fairly nice, but a little ditzy, and was able to help us in the right direction. The lighting was pleasant and the temperature within the building itself was quite comfortable. My grandmother reported that the food was decent and the staff were caring, which was a comforting thought. She told us of the various activities that were set into place within Atria, including basket weaving, Trivial Pursuit, knitting, scheduled trips to town for shopping and lots more. She was definitely not happy with the choice she made to live at the Atria, but I think she's okay with it now that she knows that everything turned out okay and that she's getting adequate care. I would strongly recommend anyone in the Kennebunk area to place their elder at the Atria.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Kennebunk

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Get Costs

About Atria Kennebunk

Atria Kennebunk is a friendly, upscale senior community nestled nearby the rocky shores of the Maine coast. Residents can enjoy the coziness of the gracious common rooms and choose from over 250 activities each month, including concerts in the park, local theater, shopping trips and walks along some of Maine's most magnificent beaches.

Atria Kennebunk offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
    • A choice of apartments
    • A full-time director for events and activities
    • An emergency call system in every apartment
    • Assistance with activities of daily living
    • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
    • Memory-care neighborhood
    • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 185 locations in 25 states and 7 Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 18,000 residents, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Kennebunk