Schooner Estates

Reviews of Schooner Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Schooner Estates

July 19, 2018

By George

Schooner Estates is very nice and is something we would consider. The pricing is comparable, and even a little bit less than the other communities we looked at. It's just that it's a little bit dated, but it's still nice and clean. The fellow that runs the place was very cordial and is probably the most knowledgeable person that I've talked to. The menu looks very good also, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are several plans, and there's one where they offer lunch and you pay for dinner and breakfast.

July 07, 2018

By Visitor01

I toured Schooner Estates, and it's OK. It looked nice, including the building, and the grounds, but it's not something I'm looking forward to. They have gatherings, game rooms, and exercises. It keeps the people that want to participate busy, and it's good that they don't keep them in their room. The staff was very courteous.

July 17, 2017

By Barbara

Schooner Estates was very nice, and the people were wonderful. The tour was done in a very knowledgeable and compassionate way. The rooms were nice, clean, roomy, and came with most of the things needed, but you could also bring in your own stuff.

Independent Living Reviews for Schooner Estates

October 27, 2015

Schooner Estates was fine and very pleasant, except they didn't have any space available, and it was more money. Our decision was based on the space availability, really.

Thank you for your feedback! We hope that you or your loved one feels at home now, wherever that may be!

August 30, 2015

Schooner Estates was pretty well high rated. They had several different types of apartments depending on what you want to do. They have different programs and several dining areas; again, it depends on what you choose. A room has a bedroom, a front room, and a little kitchenette. They have any activities you want. I would recommend them because it's very nicely decorated and they have very nice rooms, but they can improve their central air because they have window air. They got the walls painted halfway down, and every room has plush rugs in it.

Thank you for sharing this information! We’re always interested in people’s impressions of our campus!

May 29, 2014

By Bobbi7

We found Schooner Estates in Auburn. We have friends who live in the community, and we came to visit them and saw for ourselves how great it is living in this facility. The atmosphere is wonderful. Everybody is very friendly, helpful, and cheerful. It's just a happy place to live. We are in the independent living section, and we have a two-bedroom apartment with a patio. We get the main meal in the dining room at 1 o'clock, and the food here is excellent. I am diabetic, and they fix special food for me. The staff is wonderful. No matter whom you ask for help on the staff, you always get it. They have a shuttle service to take you to do the market or to take you to doctor's appointments.

Thanks so much! We’re glad you think it’s a happy place to live! We think it’s a happy place to work, too!

June 28, 2012

By Edith2

I lived there for a while. I was taking care of my brother in law and that is a very nice place! It's very nice and expensive, but affordable compared to other high end facilities. I can go to Schooner estates for less money and 3 meals a day. You can get a one bedroom at Schooner Estates for less money than other expensive facilities. The staff is great. You can't ask for better people! The housekeepers, the maintenance people.. They go out of their way to help you. I'm very satisfied with them. If you've never been there, you should make a trip there! It is beautiful and their food is very good. I would recommend that place to anybody in fact I have many times. I still go over there and help the woman with her knitting and crocheting. I like that place very very much. It's a warm, comfortable place and people are very friendly.

We’re glad that you still come back to visit! Thank you so much for your feedback!

September 09, 2011

By Not an "only child" but you would never know it1

Other

My mother lived at Schooner Estates for about a year until she needed more care than the residential care unit could provide. I also have two friends with parents there. This is a terrific place and I would highly recommend it. The physical facility is lovely, the grounds are well kept, the apt. living is extremely comfortable with a good variety of options. The staff stays on for a long time. They know everyone and are very involved with people each day. I always felt comfortable knowing my mother was receiving very good care. Good food, beautiful dining room. It has a real community feeling. Lots of activities to choose from with many levels of independence taken into consideration. Everyone deserves to grow older in a place as nice as this.

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing our community for your mother! We know it’s our residents that make us great!

Memory Care Reviews for Schooner Estates

Costs for Schooner Estates

Photos of Schooner Estates

Services and Amenities of Schooner Estates

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: ALLS 6943

About Schooner Estates

Schooner Estates is a Senior Living Community located in Auburn, Maine. We provide the ideal setting for older adults to live and thrive, whether they are fully independent or require some daily assistance. We offer independent apartments, assisted living and memory care studios, and residential care with a complement of a la cart services to meet your every need.

From fine dining to medication management and personal care services, we take pride in our friendly, customer-focused staff and our beautifully maintained property. For over 25 years we have welcomed seniors from the local community and across the nation, including multiple generations of families who have called Schooner their home.

Our goal is to ensure that every tenant maintains their quality of life and continues to explore their interests, because we understand that happy, well-socialized people live longer, healthier lives. The Schooner life includes engaging daily activities and fantastic entertainment from near and far. Let us be your chauffeur: our transportation is second-to-none and will bring you to everything that the Lewiston-Auburn area has to offer and beyond.

Our tenants feel secure knowing that our Schooner Home Health services are available to them in every one of our apartments. Getting help in an emergency is as simple as using the conveniently placed pull cords in every room. Having our staff close-at-hand twenty-four hours a day provides peace of mind for our tenants and for their loved ones.

We believe that for everyday living to be more comfortable and accommodating, the details matter. We offer tailored lifestyle options that include a range of activities, first class amenities and personalized residential care.

Map of Schooner Estates