23 Assisted Living Facilities near Cumberland Foreside, ME
Also serving communities of Yarmouth, Freeport.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cumberland Foreside area, with 2 in Cumberland Foreside and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cumberland Foreside is $5,700 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 77 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cumberland Foreside. Better rated regions include Falmouth with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cumberland Foreside, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cumberland Foreside, ME
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Cumberland Foreside, ME
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cumberland Foreside
Cumberland Foreside is located in Cumberland Town, Maine, and includes the portion of the town that lies along the Atlantic Ocean. Cumberland Town has a population of 8,150 people, 16% of whom are aged 65 or older. For those seniors requiring assistance with the activities of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in Cumberland Foreside and 21 more in the surrounding communities.
In Maine, including Cumberland Foreside, these facilities are licensed and regulated by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services, and are known as residential care facilities (RCFs) and private non-medical institutions (PNMIs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cumberland Foreside
- The cost of living in Cumberland Foreside is 175, which is much higher than the state average of 104 or the national average of 100. This is largely due to the cost of housing in the city, which is three times higher than the Maine housing cost average of 118. This may pose a challenge for family members moving to the area to be closer to loved ones in an assisted living facility.
- Cumberland Foreside has a violent crime rate of 7.7, a third of the U.S. average: 22.7. The city's property crime rate is less than one-third of the U.S. average of 35.4. Despite the low crime rate, it's a good idea to ask what measures are taken to be residents safe while touring a facility.
- Cumberland Foreside receives 49 inches of rain per year, compared to the U.S. average of 38 inches. The town also averages 65 inches of snow annually, almost 40 inches more than the national average of 28. Seniors may enjoy Cumberland Foreside's mild summers with July highs of 79, but January temperatures dip to 10 degrees, which may be uncomfortable for those sensitive to the cold.
- Cumberland Foreside has an air quality rating of 80, much higher than the US average of 58. This means that seniors with respiratory ailments may breathe easier here than in similar communities across the country.
- While Maine doesn't tax Social Security income, it does tax other forms of retirement income at rates as high as 7.15%. This may put a dent in the budget for families of seniors in assisted living facilities.
- Cumberland Foreside has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Portland.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures
Paying for Assisted Living in Cumberland Foreside
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maine
Assisted Living costs in Cumberland Foreside start around $5,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cumberland Foreside and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cumberland Foreside
In Cumberland Foresight and the rest of Maine, the state pays for services in assisted housing programs via the Medicaid MaineCare State Plan and the MaineCare 1915(c) Elderly Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maine page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cumberland Foreside
Cumberland Foreside and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cumberland Foreside, please visit our Assisted Living in Maine page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cumberland Foreside
Cumberland Foreside-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maine are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maine page for more information about these laws.