2 Assisted Living Facilities in Valley, AL
Also serving communities of Smiths.
The average cost of assisted living in Valley is $2,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Franklin with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Valley 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Valley
Valley is an Alabama Community of Excellence, dedicated to creating a more vibrant future for all residents. About 14% of the city’s nearly 9,500 residents are aged 65 and older. Seniors in Valley seeking support with the activities of daily living have two assisted living facilities ready to help.
Assisted living communities in Valley, as in the entire state, are licensed and regulated by the Alabama Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Provider Standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Valley
- The cost of living in Valley is 20% lower than the national average and about 8% lower than the state average. This is primarily due to the low cost of housing and transportation. Seniors pay about the same as the U.S. average for groceries, utilities and healthcare.
- Seniors who don’t care for wet weather should consider that Valley gets 53 inches of annual rainfall on average. That is significantly more than the U.S. average of 38 inches. Although winters are mild with a January average low of 31 degrees, summers are long, hot and humid with a July average high of 90 degrees.
- Valley has an extremely high property crime rate of 82.2 out of 100, with 100 being the highest score possible. The U.S. average is 35.4. Violent crime here also exceeds the national average, with Valley rating a 39.5 compared to the national average of 22.7. This may give seniors and their loved ones cause for concern if they are considering relocation.
- The Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including East Alabama Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Retirees living in Valley benefit from Alabama's tax-friendly policies. Social Security benefits are not taxed in the state, and Alabama’s low income tax rate ranges from 2% to 5%.
- The Valley area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Valley Senior Center funded by the city, which offers meals, trips, parties and exercise programs. The Center has three buses that deliver housebound meals and transport residents to and from the Senior Center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Valley start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Valley
As of 2019, Alabama does not provide financial assistance for assisted living fees or services received in assisted living facilities. The waivers currently serve those who wish to age in place at home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Valley
Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Valley
Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Valley
Review of Valley Park Manor
Valley Park Manor is a nice place. They had medical staff on site. The assisted living room we saw was clean and nice, had a small refrigerator, a little microwave, a shower, full bath, and a place... Read more
Review of Valley Park Manor
The rooms at Valley Park Manor were very functional and big enough for one person. It was great space wise. The staff was very friendly and engaging with the residents. They had a community dining ... Read more
Review of Valley Park Manor
I had a good visit at Valley Park Manor. It was very clean and the people were very professional. It was very well-organized. I have nothing bad to say about them. The rooms are spacious. The one w... Read more