Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

8601 Queen Bee Drive, Columbus, GA 31909
Legacy Reserve at Old Town (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Independent Living Reviews for Legacy Reserve at Old Town

January 22, 2021

By Aubie7863

I took a tour today at Legacy Reserve at Old Town and was very impressed with what they have to offer. Melanie in sales was so detailed with the information she gave me and the executive director Mrs. Blakeman was so welcoming and took the time to get to know me. I felt right at home and look forward to moving in.

January 18, 2021

By Mavis B

Melanie Grace gave me the full tour for IL which is Independent Living. Legacy was absolutely beautiful and I never realized that retirement could be so good. They have fine dining, a Bistro and bar. Followed by having a gym, indoor saltwater pool, theater and salon. The Library and Terrace was stunning. I didn’t want to leave. I look forward to spending my retirement with Legacy Reserve at Old Town. It was the best that I have toured in the BiCity. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Also the activities director had a large variety of activities that you could enjoy daily.

December 21, 2020

By Dorothy

I am interested in Legacy Reserve at Old Town. It's where I would probably go, but I would like to consider a community that's a lot less costly. I like it because they have rooms or apartments that have their own entrance and exit. I doubt by the time I'm ready to move that one of them would be available, but that's what I would like to have. I like freedom of going in and out without walking down the hallways. I have difficulty with my breathing so a lot of walking is hard for me. They have three different restaurants within the facility to have your meals, and the big highlight is they have a heated indoor pool. The only way I can do exercise is in the water. It does not hurt my breathing if I'm in the water. I can move very quickly, like jogging in the water. That is what I want, but the price a month is very steep. The apartments looked nice, not real spacious, but I can understand why they're not real spacious. They were impressive. The staff member during the tour was informative and helpful. They'd only been up a few weeks when I visited, and they only had 25 residents at the time. They had happy hour and no charge for the drinks. I wish there was something similar to that that was less costly.

Memory Care Reviews for Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Questions about Legacy Reserve at Old Town

What programs or activities does Legacy Reserve at Old Town offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Academy Program is a curriculum of events, classes, programs, and educational opportunities that are designed for our Independent and Assisted Living communities. Offering up to 100 options monthly for the resident(s) to stay engaged, have a sense of community culture, while developing new friendships.

What places are near Legacy Reserve at Old Town or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in North Columbus in beautiful Old Town of Columbus offering shopping, dining, within Old Town and close to shopping area at Columbus park Crossing, minutes from Bradley Park.

What transportation services does Legacy Reserve at Old Town offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation for medical appointments, shopping sprees, personal errands (scheduled)

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy Reserve at Old Town exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Legacy Reserve offers Freedom Dining. The essence of Freedom dining is to ensure all residents choose what they want to eat, when they want to eat, and where they want to eat. We offer the opportunity to dine in our Bistro, Dining Room, Terrace Grill, or Sports Bar!

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Reserve at Old Town offer to assisted living residents?

24/7 staffing and Emergency Call System

How does Legacy Reserve at Old Town keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Resident Care Director (LPN and/or RN) will provide each resident with a direct care plan that is based on the need of each individual resident, and involves family input. during anytime if that need(s) change, the family (primary contact) is informed. As well as any changes made by the reident physician (s) during medical appointments. Coordination of care with all providers of care for our residents is primary. Our goal is to work closely with all person(s) involved in the betterment of assisting our residents to live a full life and to meet all of their needs, physically, spiritually, socially, emotional.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Legacy Reserve at Old Town during daytime and nighttime hours?

On a general basis for activities, events, updates, families, residents, friends receive our monthly Academy newsletter and calendar. For more specifics, related to resident care, needs, our Resident Care Director and Resident care Team offer daily updates as needed to family members and residents.

If Legacy Reserve at Old Town accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our beautiful courtyard and surrounding landscape and within our community while escorted by owner

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Legacy Reserve at Old Town follows the guidelines for training of the Georgia Department of Community Health as well as taking extra time with our associates throughout their tenure to train on a daily basis so that all resident(s) needs are met.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Old Town, Downtown Columbus minutes away, North Columbus, Pine Mountain, Warm springs,

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Legacy Reserve at Old Town has organized?

We offer monthly events for our Patrons

What transportation services does Legacy Reserve at Old Town offer to independent living residents?

Personal errands (scheduled), medical appointments (scheduled)

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy Reserve at Old Town exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We take great care when selecting seasonal, fresh ingredients and prepare healthy delicious and fulfilling meals.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We offer several lounges throughout our community, as well as our Emory theater, Spa, Salon, Library, Business Center, Heated Saltwater pool, Exercise Room, Sports Bar, Bistro, Courtyard.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Reserve at Old Town offer to independent living residents?

24/7 staffing

Costs for Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Photos of Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Services and Amenities of Legacy Reserve at Old Town

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Legacy Reserve at Old Town

Excellence. Freedom. Service. Integrity. Comfort. Respect.

These are the values we live by at Legacy Reserve Old Town. From the high-end living accommodations to our qualified associates, we excel in all that we do for you.

Independent Living

Stay active with our substantial community recreation programming, promoting liveliness and embracing the interests and passions of our residents. Our on-the-go residents enjoy everything Columbus has to offer. Residents have all that they need right at their fingertips. Eliminate the stress of home maintenance, pursue new interests, enjoy fine cuisine, and cultivate friendships, all in the security and comfort of a carefree living environment. Join residents with a vibrancy for life and passion for independence in our extraordinary community.

Assisted Living

Our assisted living community provides assistance with daily living and medication assistance while being supervised by certified associates 24/7. Legacy Reserve at Old Town provides the freedom to enjoy life and define your own lifestyle. Flexibility in choices are showcased by a wide array of services and amenities.

Memory Care

Memory Care at Legacy Reserve offers superb care, emphasizing comfort, respect, and dignity, all enhanced by our SPIRIT programming. With never more than fifteen residents, this small, intimate neighborhood allows us to put each person’s exclusive needs at the center of everything we do. Our passionate team ensures we are providing an enriching experience for each resident with their own daily successes, familiar senses and hobbies, and tailored preferences.

Our residents have the opportunity to spend their time enjoying the many amenities within the community such as our indoor heated pool area, the large movie theatre, or the fabulous gym, spa and salon! Residents will also have the luxury and advantage of utilizing our Freedom Dining experience as well as participating in our active Academy program!

Map of Legacy Reserve at Old Town