4 Assisted Living Facilities near Thomaston, GA
Also serving communities of Warm Springs, Butler.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Thomaston area, with 3 in Thomaston and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thomaston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thomaston 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thomaston, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Thomaston, GA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Thomaston, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thomaston
Situated within 60 miles of three of Georgia's major cities, including Macon, Atlanta and Columbus, Thomaston offers a rural environment near big-city amenities. It was named one of the best 100 small towns in America and is within easy driving distance to attractions such as Callaway Gardens, Roosevelt State Park and the historic Little White House. This small town is enjoyed by roughly 9,000 residents, about 18% of whom are seniors.
Thomaston has three assisted living facilities to accommodate seniors who are no longer able to live alone, and there is one more facility in nearby Zebulon. These facilities are officially licensed by the Department of Community Health as personal care homes or assisted living communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thomaston
- Thomaston seniors do not pay taxes at the state level on their Social Security income, and although pension income and withdrawals from retirement accounts are taxable, those aged 65 and over can claim a $65,000 deduction to minimize or eliminate this tax burden.
- Thomaston's overall cost of living is about 25% lower than the state and national average. While healthcare expenses are 7% higher than in the U.S. as a whole, housing expenses are 65% lower, which may result in more accessible assisted living expenses.
- On a 100-point crime index, the violent crime rate in Thomaston is about 5 points higher than the national average, and the property crime rate is roughly 30 points higher. Seniors may want to find out what safety measures prospective assisted living facilities have in place to keep their residents safe.
- While summers in Georgia are hot with highs around 90 degrees, Thomaston is cooler than the rest of the state. Winters have lows around 32 degrees, but the city receives virtually no snow, which may appeal to seniors who do their own driving or rely on mobility aids.
- The Thomaston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Upson Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Thomaston has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Three Rivers Regional Commission, an organization that promotes socialization of senior citizens through activities such as sports, games and arts and crafts, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thomaston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Thomaston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thomaston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thomaston
Georgia pays for assisted living services for qualifying seniors in Thomaston through two Medicaid waiver programs, including the Community Care Services Program and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thomaston
Thomaston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thomaston, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thomaston
Thomaston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thomaston
Review of West Village Retirement Comm
I heard about West Village through word of mouth. I visited the place and I find it excellent. The place is clean. Activities are very easily accessible there. Right now I am on their waiting list. Read more
Review of West Village Retirement Comm
The West Village Retirement Community is a very nice Assisted Living facility. The owners provide many activities for residents that stimulate both their minds and freedoms. The facility was very c... Read more