Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

Reviews of Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

Assisted Living Reviews for Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

May 10, 2016

By Joell

The dining room of The Regency had a hard floor, and the tables, even though they had a piece of linen over them, had a plexi-glass on top that they could wipe off and was slippery on the linen, so it didn’t look good. They had a cafeteria-type of serving where you go through the line with a tray, and there weren't any windows in the room. It wasn’t small, but it was smaller compared to the other places. It wasn’t cheery, and the air-conditioning units in each of the rooms looked dirty and would be hard to clean. In one of the rooms that they showed me, the air came up from a floor vent. There was no way to clean that floor vent in the AC unit, and the AC unit was filthy. The whole thing was filthy, so it wasn’t good, clean air. I had put down some money to hold a room for my mother, but once I saw it, I said, “No, no. She can’t come here. She won’t be able to breathe.” The people were nice, but it just didn’t have a good feeling to it. They had the air conditioning units in the closet, and one of them has return air that’s being sucked into the closet, so all the dust and lint went into it. The closet didn’t have enough hanging space once you put that unit in there. It just wasn’t a good deal. Maybe there were other rooms that were nicer, but the ones that I saw were not and were small, too. Once I saw the cafeteria and the apartment, I wasn’t impressed. I only met with one staff person, and she was very nice. If my mother needed help between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., there was really nobody who could help her. I would hire around-the-clock sitters anyway, but they did have a pre-packaged pharmacy with trained personnel, a medical VIP add-on service for the medicines, and a doctor that would come to your apartment. There wasn't a clinic, but you could have the medical director come to your apartment, so that was a good thing.

December 30, 2015

By George121435650

Regency Retirement is OK. What I don’t like is that it is only fully staffed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., then they only have one nurse and two people on staff. It is a smaller facility, and every room available was on the second or third floor, and Mother didn’t like elevators.

May 10, 2014

By Debbie83872550

Regency was a good location, but they were understaffed, and their staff was not fully trained. If you don't need much help, that could be an OK place. However, if you needed somebody paying attention, I wouldn't go there. I would say it was middle of the road. It was not the worst, but it was far from the best. They could improve on their staffing and food. The food was terrible.

June 27, 2013

By lrstella

I love Regency. This was a wonderful facility. It was very clean. The staff there were very professional and very warm. I also thought their price was good. I would have chosen it for my sister except it was multi-level and it had elevators. I just thought that might be a little bit confusing to her, but it was a wonderful place.

Independent Living Reviews for Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: D3777

About Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham

Conveniently located, Regency offers residents the care and services they deserve in an intimate setting with opportunities to explore the surrounding area. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in our community.

We are a family caring for families. Regency is a privately owned and operated community which allows us to meet the needs of our residents in a personalized way.

Map of Regency Retirement Village - Birmingham