Dycora Transitional Health Greendale

Reviews of Dycora Transitional Health Greendale

Nursing Home Reviews for Dycora Transitional Health Greendale

March 07, 2017

By S K

Both of my parents were residents at this facility in the fall of 2016. My mom, in the past, had received pretty good care but in fall of 2016 the care was awful, to say the least. There were too many incidents to relate but a couple that stand out was when my mom asked for assistance to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...the aid left her sitting on the toilet for over 2 hours and my mom was unable to get up on her own. In another incident a "nurse" and I use that term loosely noticed a scab on my mom's neck, my mom had indicated that it was bothering her with her shirt collar, hoping just to get a bandage to go over it....instead of a bandage the nurse took a pair of scissors out of her pocket and cut the scab off and told my mom not to be such a baby. The wound became infected and took quite some time to heal. My dad was also at this facility in October of 2016. After being diagnosed with terminal cancer my dad was admitted to Golden Living to try to get his strength back prior to going home. While at the facility he was leaving every day for radiation treatments. Those treatments really upset his stomach and he was supposed to be given anti nausea medication. Well for 24 hours he not only didn't receive his medication but was vomiting for 24 hours and never given any liquids. When my sister went to see him the next morning she couldn't believe how sick he was, she called our sister-in-law who is a nurse and asked her to come in and assess him. Needless to say my sister-in-law who is a nurse made the decision that he had to be transported to a hospital immediately for fluids....after an ambulance was called the head nurse of the facility came in to ask what the problem was, my sister-in-law informed her that he was SEVERELY dehydrated and she was having him transported to a hospital for IV fluids....at that time the head nurse told my sister-in-law that he could just get that at the Golden Facility which begged the question why he hadn't been given fluids in the last 24 hours! He was transported and without an hour of getting IV fluids felt 110% better!! There was one very nice, attentive aide at this facility (Trudy) but overall the care my parents were received there (on the days that Trudy wasn't working) was deplorable. My parents were discharged from this facility in early November 2016 and my mom passed away 11/21 and my dad 11/30.

August 23, 2014

By scaredforlovedone

If you are considering having a loved one go to Golden Living-Heritage Square please think twice. This facility is lacking in quality trained staff (high turnover), poor upper management, social worker and Nursing Managers, lacks regard for patients basic needs being met, lots of blaming of why things do not get done, little to no rehabilitation actually happening and in general this facility has too many problems to mention. Please know that your loved one deserves better than what this facility is willing and able to provide. DO NOT GO TO GOLDEN LIVINGCENTER!!!

October 11, 2012

By tequilarose2011

After falling and breaking a bone in her leg, my mom stayed at Golden Living Centers. The staff here were wonderful. They provide a free meal for the family and the meal was served at their "bistro". We had a choice of two entrees and were served like we were in a restaurant. My mom was kept very busy with activites like bingo and movies. All the other patients were friendly, happy and outgoing and my mom made many friends, some cried when my mom left. The staff took the time to treat the patients as people, listend to their wants and needs, doing what they could to fulfill the needs. My mom talks about this being the only place she would go back to for rehab. When leaving the nurses that were discharging her welcomed her to come and visit whenever she wanted. Her stay at Golden Living Centers was a wonderful experience.

Services and Amenities of Dycora Transitional Health Greendale

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Dycora Transitional Health Greendale

Dycora Transitional Health Greendale is a senior living provider in Greendale, Wisconsin that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Dycora Transitional Health Greendale for more details on services and rates.

Map of Dycora Transitional Health Greendale