Franciscan Place

Reviews of Franciscan Place

Nursing Home Reviews for Franciscan Place

July 20, 2018

By Lillee

My mother went here after a shoulder replacement. We had a meeting - called by the staff - to discuss here release date after being there 9 days. No one had read the summary from her doctor, no therapists that worked with my mom were there. We found out that my mother had NOT BEEN BATHED for 9 days. Not even a sponge bath. Staff was too busy she was told. This after surgery! I would not recommend this place to anyone.

May 15, 2017

By marynels

My mother was transferred here after a fall. Some of the staff wete wonderful, some were terrible. While there she was a patient, she complained that some of the staff was rough and mean to her. She had bruises, on her arms, developed a staff infection (where proper infection protocol was not followed and "mysteriously" had a tibia, and fibia break that no one knows how it happened. ( she could not walk on her own and did not fall). I would not put anyone here whom I loved.

August 14, 2015

By AmyGranddauther

I would select 0 stars if I could. My grandmother was transferred Froedtert after a head trama for short-term rehab. As our liason, the social worker was completely incompetent and we've spent 7 days hearing conflicting information. Would leave messages that Grandma will have a doctor appointment "tomorrow" and we'd get a call that she was ready for pick-up today/wrong day. Then visit tomorrow, and she's in bed. She's making progress on physical & occ therapy, but they want to discharge her FAST because she's not making progress on speech (she had a head trauma!). This has been an awful experience! I'm so disappointed that this place is affiliated with Wheaton because I had high hopes, but this is a nightmare. I feel bad for any admitted resident that doesn't have family members to advocate for them.

January 27, 2012

By Dismaayed in Milwaukee

I was a resident at Franciscan Woods for 6 months after having major back surgery for an abscess that left me unable to move my legs. Thanks to the wonderful, kind and patient physical therapy department I am able to walk again with just a walker.The home was spotless and for a nursing home had no foul odors. The nursing staff was attentive, helpful and pleasant. They answered the call light promptly. The food was tasty and serviced in a beautiful dining room that was bright and cheerful and surrounded with windows. If you did not like something, for instance the vegetable they were servicing they would get you a different one.The physical and occupation therapy departments were great and gave me a lot of encouragement and comfort when I was scared of trying to use my wobbly legs again.The Pastoral care department was good and Mass was said weekly for the Catholic residents and a non-demonical service was also held.The activity department kept me busy when the days became long and I got tired of watching TV.I would recommend Franciscan Woods to anyone.

Services and Amenities of Franciscan Place

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Franciscan Place

Franciscan Place is a senior living provider in Brookfield, Wisconsin that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Franciscan Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Franciscan Place