Orchard Park Tacoma, WA

Reviews of Orchard Park

Nursing Home Reviews for Orchard Park

December 24, 2015

By Daughter_of_Resident

My mother has lived at Orchard Park for a year. There are two parts to this facility: one wing is mostly for short-term stays (people recovering from operations, etc.) while the other wing is for people like my mother who need nursing home care long term. Some of the staff have worked there for ten, twenty, or more years. These are usually very dedicated, caring, and nurturing people who love their work. Some of the new staff are wonderful as well. A few CNA's have been bad, but the bad ones usually do not stay long. Most of the staff are wonderful. The food varies in quality. It is a more starchy diet than my mother was used to at home so she has gained quite a bit of weight. When she arrived a year ago, she thought the food tasted good (even if it was starchy) but lately it seems to have declined in quality - perhaps a different cook? A new company (Genesis) owns Orchard Park now. It used to be owned by Revera. We don't know what changes that will make, So far the only change it has made for my mother is that the WiFi has not been working for maybe a week now while Genesis is changing the computer system over to their Network. Since email is important to her, that has been a disappointment, but hopefully they will get it up and running soon. Mr. Joice, the Manager, seems like a good person. He sometimes serves meals or delivers packages to clients, himself (does not stay cooped up in an office 100% of the time). This really impressed my mother. Most patients share rooms, but there are a limited number of single rooms, also. All rooms have private toilets and sinks. Bath/showers are given twice a week (at least for those who need help like my mother). I am most thankful that my mother has a private room. That is so important to her. It was hard for her to give up her own home, so having a private room means a lot to her. She does not have dementia like some of the clients do. My favorite thing about Orchard Park is that my mother was able to get her own room. My second favorite thing is that most of the staff are very patient, caring people. If I could change anything, it would be to increase the number of CNA's (they seem short-staffed), and to provide a less starchy diet with daily green salads. But I recommend at least considering Orchard Park whether you are looking for short-term rehab or long-term care.

October 26, 2014

My wife had one roommate at Orchard Park, and the room was fine. She didn't like the food. I would say the staff was pretty good. She didn't have too many activities, I don't think. She was doing their physical therapy or something like that, but other than that, no activities. I liked their location, and it was clean.

October 19, 2011

By jhopkins

My grandmother was a resident at this facility for 30 days. She was very upset with how she was treated at this facility. I was upset because of the nursing staff and there inability to respond to simple things that were asked of them such as getting coffee or making food properly because of my grandmothers allergies. They were very cold emotionally with my grandmother and myself and at sometimes very rude. The physical therapy staff on he motherland was very supportive and kind. Very good to my grandmother and more then willing to help in any way that they could. They were a very nice group of people. As far as amenities this facility didn't have many. They had a small gym and walk in shower and that was all that i saw. They had handmaid grabbars that seemed very unpredictable and were not very willing to help with certain tasks.

Services and Amenities of Orchard Park

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Orchard Park

Orchard Park is a senior living provider in Tacoma, Washington that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Orchard Park for more details on services and rates.

Map of Orchard Park