The Firs

Reviews of The Firs

Independent Living Reviews for The Firs

June 06, 2017

By chriswh

The Firs is an ideal place to live. Mom has lived at the Firs for six months and I have absolutely no complaints. The staff is amazing. The are attentive to resident needs, show compassion when a resident needs assistance, acknowledge residents by name and a smile. Management works hard to accommodate residents specific personal needs. The dining staff is amazing and the food is very good - comparable to an upscale restaurant menu. The housekeeping and maintenance staff are the best. No need goes unfulfilled and they make sure a resident feels welcomed and loved.

May 08, 2017

By Sharon506586

The Firs has been around a long time, but it's newly renovated. It's very close to St. Peter's Hospital and my mom's doctor whom she visits very regularly. It's a very cozy place, and the staff seems very friendly. The studio apartment that my mom is renting is reasonably priced and fits her needs. She's able to receive physical therapy and has connected with other women who have interests like her, so she's becoming more social now than she was when she was living with us. The food seems fresh and reasonable with plenty of choices, so Mom seems to be happy with it.

March 30, 2017

By The Dutchman

After one year at The Firs I'm as impressed as i hoped I would be. There simply are too many things to enjoy at The Firs to be specific. It is a very friendly Senior Community which covers all aspects of it's staff and workers. The food is above average and offers a daily variety. The proximity to all shopping and medical care makes it very convenient. The choices of daily activity keep one active and involved but it's always the choice of the resident. Just a great place to be rid of ones cares and enjoy your senior years. with happy people around you.

May 10, 2016

By BeverlyMIEFH

My visit to The Firs was very nice. It was $3,500 a month with a large living room, two very nice-sized bedrooms, a very large closet, a couple of other closets, and two bathrooms. I play the banjo two or three times a year there, so I have been in their dining room and their stage. I have been there when they serve a hot dog dinner in the summertime and have the band and all the members come out and enjoy themselves. They had ice cream the days that we have been there. They have a large lawn area and we play outside. They have a few people outside watching us and inside the dining room was full of people where there were microphones so they could hear us playing. It's just a little over my budget, and I can't afford it, but it was very nice.

January 29, 2016

By Sharon119081450

My mother was in The Firs before she moved to assisted-living. I would highly recommend it. They gave excellent care, and their standards were high. The rooms were very pleasant. They were in good variety of sizes. The food kind of varied by the cook, and they had quite a few cooks. Everything I had ever eaten there was very good.

December 03, 2013

By Pat37

The Firs was excellent. It was nice and very clean. We actually wanted our mom to go but she's resisting. The staff was very wonderful and hospitable. We had a wonderful visit with them. They showed us several rooms that were available. We talked to some of the residents and my husband and I had thought it would be perfect. My sister and my mom went back and when it came down to thinking about moving, just said she just couldn't do it yet. That was the only reason we did not go there. They showed us their activity calendar and there was nothing that we didn't like about the place. They provided transportation to doctor's appointments and shopping. They had outings. The best thing probably was the hospitality of the place. You could just tell how long different people had worked there. They had very little turnover. I work in the healthcare field myself so I know that that is, especially in any long term care, a wonderful thing.

Costs for The Firs

Photos of The Firs

Services and Amenities of The Firs

• Housing Extra: Alcove Living Space Is 180 Additional Square Feet Than Studio, With Separate Sleeping Area

• Tai Chi

• Check

• Get Costs

About The Firs

mbkseniorliving.com

The Firs is a senior living community with a park-like setting in Thurston County. The Firs was established in 1983 and has high reviews for its staff and residents. Residents enjoy the amenities of all utilities included, weekly housekeeping, and maintenance services. The Firs offers transportation to grocery stores, banks, churches, and other places of interest six days a week. It is also the only independent retirement community in Thurston County with 24 hours on-call management for emergency incidents.

Beautiful dining room looking out on park setting, Fireside Bistro and formal library. A Town Hall offering Ted Talks, Great Courses, church service, and many musical visitors to perform for our residents. Finally a multi purpose/game room for all to enjoy. Family kitchen to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or special event. Finally, a Salon and Barber Shop that offers full service hair care and mani/pedicures. Becky has been with Thr Firs over 5 years. Come and enjoy the spirited and active community in a peaceful and convenient setting.

Map of The Firs