The Firs

Reviews of The Firs

Independent Living Reviews for The Firs

January 29, 2016

By Sharon119081450

My mother was in The Firs before she moved to assisted-living. I would highly recommend it. They gave excellent care, and their standards were high. The rooms were very pleasant. They were in good variety of sizes. The food kind of varied by the cook, and they had quite a few cooks. Everything I had ever eaten there was very good.

November 20, 2014

By Olympia1217

This is a lovely community that's been around for quite sometime. Their residents are always smiling and very active as it is an independent living community for older adults. They have great food, a cozy homey atmosphere that feels almost like a lodge. It's surrounded by lovely evergreens and is tucked away in its own little nook...but amenities are just a stones throw away.

December 03, 2013

By Pat37

The Firs was excellent. It was nice and very clean. We actually wanted our mom to go but she's resisting. The staff was very wonderful and hospitable. We had a wonderful visit with them. They showed us several rooms that were available. We talked to some of the residents and my husband and I had thought it would be perfect. My sister and my mom went back and when it came down to thinking about moving, just said she just couldn't do it yet. That was the only reason we did not go there. They showed us their activity calendar and there was nothing that we didn't like about the place. They provided transportation to doctor's appointments and shopping. They had outings. The best thing probably was the hospitality of the place. You could just tell how long different people had worked there. They had very little turnover. I work in the healthcare field myself so I know that that is, especially in any long term care, a wonderful thing.

Costs for The Firs

Photos of The Firs

Services and Amenities of The Firs

• Housing Extra: Alcove Living Space Is 180 Additional Square Feet Than Studio, With Separate Sleeping Area

• Tai Chi

• Independent Living Starting At: $2000/month
  • Get Costs

About The Firs

mbkseniorliving.com

Medication management, bathing, dressing and grooming, bathroom assistance, escort to meals and activities, transferring Assessed on a case-by-case basis

Beautiful dining room looking out on park setting, Fireside Bistro and formal library. A Town Hall offering Ted Talks, Great Courses, church service, and many musical visitors to perform for our residents. Finally a multi purpose/game room for all to enjoy. Family kitchen to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or special event. Finally, a Salon and Barber Shop that offers full service hair care and mani/pedicures. Becky has been with Thr Firs over 5 years. Come and enjoy the spirited and active community in a peaceful and convenient setting.

Map of The Firs