The Firs

Reviews of The Firs

Independent Living Reviews for The Firs

May 10, 2016

By BeverlyMIEFH

My visit to The Firs was very nice. It was $3,500 a month with a large living room, two very nice-sized bedrooms, a very large closet, a couple of other closets, and two bathrooms. I play the banjo two or three times a year there, so I have been in their dining room and their stage. I have been there when they serve a hot dog dinner in the summertime and have the band and all the members come out and enjoy themselves. They had ice cream the days that we have been there. They have a large lawn area and we play outside. They have a few people outside watching us and inside the dining room was full of people where there were microphones so they could hear us playing. It's just a little over my budget, and I can't afford it, but it was very nice.

January 29, 2016

By Sharon119081450

My mother was in The Firs before she moved to assisted-living. I would highly recommend it. They gave excellent care, and their standards were high. The rooms were very pleasant. They were in good variety of sizes. The food kind of varied by the cook, and they had quite a few cooks. Everything I had ever eaten there was very good.

November 20, 2014

By Olympia1217

This is a lovely community that's been around for quite sometime. Their residents are always smiling and very active as it is an independent living community for older adults. They have great food, a cozy homey atmosphere that feels almost like a lodge. It's surrounded by lovely evergreens and is tucked away in its own little nook...but amenities are just a stones throw away.

December 03, 2013

By Pat37

The Firs was excellent. It was nice and very clean. We actually wanted our mom to go but she's resisting. The staff was very wonderful and hospitable. We had a wonderful visit with them. They showed us several rooms that were available. We talked to some of the residents and my husband and I had thought it would be perfect. My sister and my mom went back and when it came down to thinking about moving, just said she just couldn't do it yet. That was the only reason we did not go there. They showed us their activity calendar and there was nothing that we didn't like about the place. They provided transportation to doctor's appointments and shopping. They had outings. The best thing probably was the hospitality of the place. You could just tell how long different people had worked there. They had very little turnover. I work in the healthcare field myself so I know that that is, especially in any long term care, a wonderful thing.

Costs for The Firs

Photos of The Firs

Services and Amenities of The Firs

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

About The Firs

Located in the heart of Olympia, The Firs is a full-service retirement community featuring resort-style amenities. Step into our lobby and you'll sense a difference-a staff that cares about you and your needs. Bright, airy, spacious places to meet, dine, entertain and enjoy all the events, programs and good times at The Firs. A graceful water feature serves as a cheerful, welcoming landmark at our entrance. Enjoy access to the Chehalis-Western Trail; over 48 actual miles of woodland, gardens and wildlife.

The Firs is about simplifying your lifestyle with services designed around you-from our concierge services to coordinating your transportation needs to housekeeping, dining, cultural, education, travel and fitness opportunities. The Firs apartments range from studios to two bedroom two bath apartments with full kitchens, patios and decks optional. At The Firs you can relax and enjoy yourself while we take care of the day-to-day tasks to make it possible.

Map of The Firs