The Ridge Cottonwood

Reviews of The Ridge Cottonwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Ridge Cottonwood

February 19, 2020

By CTJohnson

NEVER trust The Ridge with your loved ones. Met the sales and nursing team several times. Toured the facility several times (each time staff violated HIPPA to talk about personal issues of residents). SIGNED a legal contract, given unit KEYS, paid the deposit. Staff called me TWO days before we moved my parents from out of town to tell me they were refusing to take my parents. I was told the executive director refused them because The Ridge couldn't adequately care for my father, despite the approval and assessment of the RN they had hired to assess my father in his city. When I asked to speak with the executive director in person, they confirmed he was in his office but refused to speak with me. With TWO days noticed, I moved them to another facility and they have been independently living, dining, attending activities, and enjoying life for the past 17 months (and many more to come). Shameful, dishonest, money-driven actions by The Ridge. I'm not sure what the real reason for their last-minute contract violation, but they take advantage of the fact that families don't have time to deal with legal matters, regardless of the binding contract already signed. I didn't insist they honor the contract because my parents deserve better than a sketchy facility who doesn't care about the elderly or listen to their family members.

When we evaluate prospective residents, our health professionals do their very best to ensure we, in our role as caregiver, can adequately and safely meet their needs and requirements. We understand and appreciate this can be a frustrating process for families, and we do our utmost to communicate these assessments in a timely, transparent manner. We're discouraged this wasn't your experience and are sorry for any additional stress this may have caused your family. Your feedback has allowed us to review our admission process in an effort to be more accommodating to families interested in our community. We're relieved your parents are doing well and wish you all the very best.

July 02, 2019

By Janet

My mom moved into the Ridge Cottonwood, and it's been really good. It's always incredibly clean. When she needs help, it's timely, they're very kind, and the clientele appears to be very happy. It has a very upbeat environment. I think the activities are great.

December 17, 2018

By cindyfey

Large rooms with high ceilings, bright and new. Vibrant atmosphere. Excellent lunch.

November 13, 2018

By Veron

The Ridge Cottonwood was just wow. The rooms were bigger than other places and the layout was fine. The staff member who accommodated us was very pleasant. The food was exceptional and the dining room was like a very nice restaurant. You order from a menu and it was lovely. There was plenty for people to do. The place was very plush and nice.

It was an honor to host you for a visit at our community, Vernon. We take pride in offering exceptional accommodations, services and amenities, and are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us should you have additional feedback, questions or if you'd like our guidance with any aspect of retirement planning. All the best!

July 17, 2017

By PS

I liked Cottonwood Place. The memory care unit was large. The staff interacted with the patients very well. Everyone was happy there.

December 13, 2016

By nothappy3

Pretty fancy place, although I think it's a stretch to call their Memory Care facility a real MC facility. My father was there for just under three months, and they kicked him out of inappropriate behaviour? The aides couldn't get him to take his (much needed) meds. His room stunk of urine every other time I visited. Just because you place an electronic lock on the door doesn't make you a facility capable of handling special needs

We appreciate your concerns and for bringing them to our attention. On behalf of our community, I would like to address your issues with us.

We do on occasion ask residents to move to a community that can better address the needs of an individual when memory care alone is not enough. Some residents with severe memory issues can exhibit inappropriate behavior, such as repeated public urination and refusal of care. When this occurs, communities with a high level of behavioral and skilled nursing hospital care can be a better solution for the individual. We care deeply for our residents and want them to living in a community that best serves their needs. In terms of taking medicines, we cannot force a resident to take medications if they refuse, due to Resident Rights, which we abide by. We are sorry that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in detail. Please contact me at your convenience at

Sincerely, Rob Johnston executive director for Cottonwood Place

November 02, 2016

By Fredrick's Mother

Cottonwood Place was small and affordable. The rooms were studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom. Some of them had a very beautiful view of the mountains. It was new. I noticed the patients were out, and they were having a German lesson. They looked like they were enjoying it and having fun with it. I saw a lot of memory facility people all together having conversation, and some were exercising or doing stretching. They were having a great time. I saw all the people were gathered for their lunch. They were having a great time. They all seemed to be well taken care of.

June 27, 2016

By Cristie632177

Cottonwood Place is new, which is why we chose it for my father. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

May 12, 2016

By meg777

This facility is not equipped for memory care. My grandfather was there for two months. One day when I dropped in for a visit I found him covered in urine and feces in his bed. I asked the nurse when the last time he was checked on and it had been hours. they were very rude and under staffed. We moved my grandpa after that and I would never trust someone I love to be taken care of in this facility.

As the Executive Director of Cottonwood Place, this is the first I have been made aware of your experience. When residents and family members have an issue, they typically approach me with the problem so it can be addressed immediately. We are a fully equipped, state licensed memory care community, designed and staffed in accordance for the care of resident’s with dementia and Alzheimer’s. It is possible at times that family members may visit their loved one right after an incontinence accident occurs, but due to our community’s strict policy of hourly status checks on each resident, it is highly unlikely that hours would have passed. Our entire care staff are devoted to each and every resident, as evidenced by our full community and low turnover rate. If you wish to further discuss the matter, please contact me.

January 30, 2016

By Nancy118410250

I spend a lot of time at Cottonwood Place. I go three times a week and two of the times that I go I put in some volunteer work. I have gotten to know the place really well and I am very impressed with it. They always seem to be on top of everything with the residents. If there’s a problem they call you immediately even if it’s a small problem. The workers there are very attentive and very good. I helped with some of their activities. They play bean bag toss, indoor horseshoes, bingo, and they do arts and crafts. They have a large screen TV and a movie room. They have much to do. They take them upstairs to the beauty salon and they also take them on trips. They drove around downtown and in the mountains. The food is good and clean. I help serve the food. It’s very good energy in there. They work very well with the individuals and with their family. I couldn’t’ be happier having place my dad there. The rooms are very nice and spacious and that was one thing I really like about it.

December 29, 2015

By CaringDaughter31

Cottonwood Place Senior Living is a beautiful and new, higher-end, better-quality facility. There’s more social gathering places to mingle and walk around in and feels more upscale and modern. It is a very nice place, but it is far away and much more expensive than other places. Those are the only reasons we did not choose this facility for my father.

August 13, 2015

My wife is at Cottonwood Place. They have a whole bunch of activities during the day. They have Bingo, they play balloon games, and they have storytelling, movies, and trips on a bus. They go to different places like they have been up to Brighton, they go up the Emigration Canyon, and they have been to Liberation Park. I think it is excellent. Of all the places that I have seen, this Cottonwood Place seems to be one of the best.

June 30, 2015

By Nancy109895750

We had a tour at Cottonwood Place Senior Living. I think this was the one we liked the best. The tour people were very nice. We saw the rooms, and they looked nice. I liked the fact that their dining room was very light. They said that they did it that way because people with eye problems could see better that way. That was kind of nice. Security was good. I was really impressed with them.

June 29, 2015

By Jerry108796750

Cottonwoods Place was a brand new place and a top-notch facility. However, I eliminated it because they started off with a basic $4,300 which was right in the ball park, but then there was $1,300 for laundry and $1,300 for this and $1,300 for that; it was way beyond my abilities. They had a very good group and kept them very busy. I could say this facility was like a 5-star hotel. It was really nice, but as I had said, I eliminated it very quickly because of the cost. However, the rooms were very spacious and beautiful. Everything was extremely clean and brand new. There was lots of room. The dining area was wide open. If the patients were able, they could go and select the food from a special bar that they had there. If needed, they would just bring the meals directly in the memory care. It looked like pretty good.

June 15, 2015

By Marcela1

The people at Cottonwood Place are very friendly and open to answer questions so the place can be familiar and you can be comfortable. The place is very clean, and the people looked very professional. There is a common area that you can consider as your living room. The people are together, but they have a resting area where they can be by themselves also. The dining setup is very good. It is clean, and it also has good day light. With this kind of place, they need to interact with everybody all the time, but my patient is very particular and is scared to be with other people. Maybe the facility needs to have caregiver or social workers to work individually with this kind of person.

May 28, 2015

My mom was at Cottonwood Place Senior Living. The place is brand new. It was clean, and it seemed to have good food, but they don’t do as many activities as she was used to doing. The rooms were spacious, and the bathroom was big with a walk-in shower.

May 06, 2015

Cottonwood Place was nice, but it was kind of expensive. The people were really nice there. The rooms were big and nice.

March 11, 2015

By Cknoll

Other

Overall, a phenomenal place. Modern, inviting, classy decor, spacious, and cozy. Besides the fact that Cottonwood Place is so new, the caring, attentive, and knowledgeable staff makes it a perfect community to get involved in. Family interaction and feedback is always encouraged, which makes me feel confident in the sense that I can trust their team to care for loved ones. This place has grown so much since I got involved, and I can tell that it's going to continue thriving on a daily basis. -Chrisa

February 23, 2015

By Debra49

I had my mother stay at Cottonwood Place for five days because I went to Seattle just a few weeks ago. My mother had to pay $200 a day, and she was in the memory care. I don't know if they did her hygiene or not. I told them I wanted them to give her a shower, but when she came home, she was wearing the same clothes and the same underwear after five days. It's a beautiful facility and I was going to go back and talk to them, but I haven't. She had a suitcase full of clean clothes and underwear, but nothing was changed after five days. She is not happy to not have her hygiene done, but she seemed happy there.

September 12, 2014

By Katie9

My father is in Cottonwood Place, and we chose it because it is the nicest one of all and it is brand new. The staff is very good. They are all friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms are brand new, spacious, and well designed. I don't think you could ask for a better room. The food is excellent. The dining room is open and spacious. They have fresh flowers every day. They have a wide variety of people who are friendly and open. They have a monthly calendar of activities that they do, and they have a big variety on it. They have a game room, a multi-purpose room, a fitness room, and a saloon.

Costs for The Ridge Cottonwood

Photos of The Ridge Cottonwood

Services and Amenities of The Ridge Cottonwood

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 2016-ALH-UT000645

About The Ridge Cottonwood

With the adoption of Integral Senior Living’s signature Vibrant Life® program, we provide an all-inclusive health and wellness experience. Thoughtfully designed to connect you with family, friends, and the community; our Vibrant Life® program truly inspires, challenges — even dares you to be adventurous.

With a host of optional outings, you create your own schedule based upon your interests, preferences, routines, and abilities. Whether it is morning exercise, a sing-a-long at the piano, a trip to local attractions, or a dance with entertainment provided by local musicians, it’s your choice to join in the fun.

Families and friends are always welcome, no matter the time of day or night. If your visitors arrive after the community is secured for the evening, just let us know and our 24-hour staff will be available to welcome them.

Cottonwood Place Senior Living understands that social interaction, eating habits and overall well-being are enhanced by a dining experience that is filled with good food, good conversation and an inviting atmosphere. With this in mind, Integral Senior Living developed an innovative dining experience. Cottonwood Place’s restaurant guarantees residents and families that dining at Cottonwood Place Senior Living will be an experience like no other.

• Restaurant Style Dining - balanced & consistent quality meals
  • 24/7 Staffing with personal pendant system - peace of mind knowing someone is close by
  • Intriguing Educational Programs - continued lifelong learning
  • Local transportation - frees up your family’s schedule
  • Personalized Care Plan based on individual needs - individualized provision of service
  • Medication Management available - let US manage the process