Villages on MacArthur

Reviews of Villages on MacArthur

Nursing Home Reviews for Villages on MacArthur

September 23, 2016

By Pick

The absolute worst place on earth to put a loved one! Don't let them fool you! It looks nice but the neglect of the residents is terrible. You can never get help when needed. On weekends it's as though the staff are all on vacation. The residents are pretty much there to fend for themselves. Residents are left in urine soaked clothes all day. Most of the aides are very uncaring and some are very rough in treatment of the residents. When you tell administration about a problem that complaint goes nowhere. When you report the incidents to DADS the complaints come back "unsubstantiated". I don't know who Corporate is paying off but someone is lying. When there is an incident reported to staff it's blown off and nothing ever handled. My loved one was given someone else's meds for two days for a medical condition she did not have, but that was "unsubstantiated" also. Our loved one was checked on twice daily and things still happened that put her life in danger. I could go on and on about neglect and mishandling of residents but it does no good. My loved one is now very ill because of her neglect and will not recover. If you have a loved one and you value their life this is no place for them.

August 06, 2016

By natasha.d

Worst Place Ever! They don't take care of the patients, you can page them but they make you wait. Doctor does no to show up at all to visit patient! Nurses shift change take about an hour longer than any other place. They are not so caring people.... I have no idea where half of these people got their degrees from?

January 26, 2016

By AmandaC81

Please don't take anyone to this facility. It is dangerous for your loved one as they are neglectful of their patients. Under their care she had a severe stroke and was left to die with no assistance; I had to physically go up there and find her with stroke level high blood pressure and the aftermath of a stroke (completely useless left side) before I could get them to transport her to a hospital and even then they did not call 911. She had items stolen from her locked closet as well as her private room. The staff were constantly found on their phones and not paying attention to the residents and that was if we could find someone at all. If you have had similar problems with this facility please make sure you report them to the dept of aging and disability.

April 18, 2015

By Gwen12

Villages on MacArthur is nice and brand new facility. The food is hot and good. If you have a problem, they try to accommodate with different menus. One of the things that I found that was really remarkable was we have a lady whose family brought her from France, and being French she had wine with every meal. She gets a glass with every meal. The staff is helpful and accommodating. All of the doors have alarms on them. Nobody can just walk in without setting off an alarm except from the front door; there they buzz you in. It’s all one floor. There’s a courtyard in the very center, and in fact I have found out that there are two courtyards, and you can go out there and sit. I noticed that there is a barbecue stand, so they are doing barbecues here. They have an activity every day; one that we had recently was the residents made fruit salad. The problem is they should get more CNAs.

Memory Care Reviews for Villages on MacArthur

• Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 55
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Villages on MacArthur

Villages on MacArthur offers compassionate and personal skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services to seniors in the Irving area. Our skilled nursing facility provides both short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest standards. We are committed to providing individualized care of excellent quality with outstanding results.

Skilled nursing is a residential alternative to a nursing home, which provides custodial care that includes getting in and out of bed, and providing assistance with feeding, bathing and dressing. This living option differs from our other levels of care in that we provide the highest level of medical attention and care. A physician over sees the patient's care a skilled nurse is always on the premises and available 24-hours a day.

In addition to long-term skilled nursing care, we also provide short term rehabilitation care after a surgery or traumatic medical experience, such as a stroke or heart attack. Due to these medical conditions a person may need more care and attention and we can provide all of the necessary medical treatments. Let us help you or your loved one heal in a warm and comforting environment.

Our skilled nursing program is committed to empowering each resident through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence. We provide as much autonomy as possible within an environment that nurtures and supports. Our specialized staff offers physical, speech, and occupational therapies, wound and IV care, and much more. Our focus is to create a warm and inviting skilled nursing facility in which patients will thrive and heal. Residents' days are filled with comfort, independence and meaning as they work towards recovery.

Map of Villages on MacArthur