NHC Place, Farragut

Reviews of NHC Place, Farragut

Assisted Living Reviews for NHC Place, Farragut

June 01, 2017

By crelmore

It's a beautiful facility, and the nursing staff there is wonderful. My only concern is that my father didn't have a care plan meeting and that his therapy seemed to be lacking because of it. One of hIs therapists made comments based off of assumptions not facts, and I had to correct them. The rehab director, who was very kind, also seemed to be unknowledgeable about my father's medical history. Not having a care plan really seemed to affect the quality of therapy my father received. I met with the assistant administrator about my concerns the day the misinformation first arose and the rehab director soon afterwards. Prior to leaving the facility, I also met with the administrator to voice my concerns about this, but she seemed to have no knowledge of it and even denied it happening. I assured her that it did happen and reminded her that I was there when it happened. I complimented the nursing staff and the occupational therapy assistants that were so kind and patient with my father, and I am assuming that the confusion in not getting a care plan into place could have resulted in him transferring from another NHC facility where there was also not a care plan meeting. Overall, I do consider this a good facility, but please know that you need to request a care plan meeting upon arrival.

February 22, 2016

By Loving Daughter36

My mother is at NHC Place Farragut right now. We really like it a lot. The only thing that seems to be a little bit of an issue is that there’s carpet all throughout. My mother is in a wheelchair and she’s had a stroke, so only one leg and one arm work. It takes a lot of strength to go up and down the halls, but they always have nurses and assistants willing to help her get wherever she needs to go. The room had a big window so she could see out, and the grounds are excellent and beautiful around the assisted living. She gets to choose from a menu, so she could eat different things every day. They have an option for breakfast and a set menu for lunch and dinner. Several of the nurses there always pat my mother’s hand or give her a hug or kiss her forehead. It seems to be very important to them and they relate to that. One day, I couldn’t get hold of my mother. She turned her phone off, so I tried to call her up until 7:00. The rehab side answered and sent me to the nurses’ station and no one answered, so I left a message but never got a call back. One night, she had to go to the hospital. She had fallen and it was her fault because she tried to get up by herself which she was not supposed to do. Once the hospital got ready to send her back, they had a hard time getting in touch with someone at the facility.

June 07, 2015

By Tracy-Keener

NHC has been a terrific place for my family over the last year. My mother has been in and out of the rehabilitation side now 4 times. The nursing staff has been inconsistent at times. Some of the CNAs care more than others. But the food is unbelievable! We have brought our whole family to eat here because it is better than many of the local restaurants and for the price point it cannot be beat! One young man in particular, I believe his name was Major, we met during my mother's last stay, and he was so amazing! He was so knowledgable and kind! We always tried to find him when we ate in the dining room. Overall amazing place! Thank you NHC for all the hard work and loving care you provide your customers!

May 14, 2015

By Joanne44

NHC Farragut was very nice. There was a swimming pool and a physical therapy department. The staff was excellent.

July 22, 2014

My sister is at NHC. It is in a very nice neighborhood. I grew up there, and it has everything down in that area, so it is accessible to malls and a hospital down west. My sister has been there for more than a month now. She seems to be happy there. They have lots of activities going on. On Mondays they take them down to the Tennessee Theater. If they want to go to the bank or to Target, they take them. They have arts and crafts and bingo. I don't have any concerns with regards to the staff. My sister is quite independent, and the only thing that they do is give her her medications. She has a studio, and so she has her own private bathroom and a kitchenette. I didn't try their food, but my sister says the food is great. She is very happy with the food. The dining room has a very nice service, more like fine dining. They have a menu where you can make selections.

May 12, 2014

Mom is at NHC Farragut, and the facility is really good. The staff are also good. I like the environment, and the facility itself is very nice. The caretakers are responsive to her needs. If she needs something there, they are pretty quick. The food is pretty good, but it used to be a little better. It has gone down a little bit. They don’t have as many choices as they used to.

July 30, 2013

By Dixie2

I chose NHC Place because it was close to my home. The staff were helpful and great. The food was excellent. My room was big because it had a whole bedroom, a big television, a piano, table and two or three chairs. They tried to have different activities each day. They had bingo everyday and all the women played it. They also provided transportation. I had been to different places and this was the best. I would recommend it because it was the best place in Knoxville.

June 29, 2011

By NikkE

NHC Farragut is one of the newer nursing home facilities in the area and it is also one of the best, in my opinion. The facility itself is beautiful and gives residents the feeling that they are in a home setting more than a nursing home. It always seemed that the patients were comfortable, which can only help with healing the body and mind. The food was actually pretty good, and they were always very kind about any special diet needs that the patient had. Our friend had always been so nervous about having a catheter put in because he had very unpleasent experiences in the past with nurses being too rough when inserting the catheter. Not at NHC Farragut, though! The nurses there took their time, taught him to lay in specific positions to ease the catheter in, and even breathing techniques to relax him. I could not be more impressed with this place.

Nursing Home Reviews for NHC Place, Farragut

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About NHC Place, Farragut

NHC Place, Farragut is a senior living provider in Knoxville, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact NHC Place, Farragut for more details on services and rates.

Map of NHC Place, Farragut