Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

March 28, 2017

By Frances841561

I didn't like Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. It was nice but a little dirty. The girl who we met was not really prepared, even though we had an appointment. It was like a recorded speech, so it didn't seem like she was interested in finding out what I liked or what I was looking for. The rooms were a good size, but I didn’t see a lot of interaction. It was pretty empty in the hallways and sitting areas. They were nice, but the base boards were dirty, and the staff didn’t seem to be very friendly. I did like the fact that you had a little balcony to go out on, which was nice.

Hi Frances, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We are sorry to hear that you felt our community wasn't what you had expected and we would like to opportunity to speak with you again. We would like to offer you another personalized tour at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.

January 26, 2017

By Steve477878

I don't have any complaints about Pacifica. It was an older building but quiet and well taken care of. They always try to help me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

October 20, 2016

By Tiffany305347

We chose this community for my mom, and she's very happy there. She loves the food, and she comments that she's going to get fat. She's on cloud nine ever since she moved there. It's clean and smells good when you would go in there. They have church, a group room, a beauty salon, common areas where they can watch TV, and plenty of room for residents to walk the hallways and congregate. The staff is resourceful.

Thanks Tiffany for your detailed 4 star review and we look forward to seeing you around the community. We appreciate you sharing your comments! You really made our day today.

August 23, 2016

By Patti511474

I liked it just fine. I found the assisted living apartments lovely and well-appointed. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. It seemed like a fine facility. They had a beautiful library. They had a very pretty non-denominational chapel on the premises. The dining facilities were very nice. I liked that there were separate dining areas for the nursing facility and assisted living facility. That was nice. They provided transportation if you needed to go outside the compound. They had a gym, so I'm sure they had exercise programs. It was somewhat homey for an institution. It definitely looked like mass housing. There were three stories, so there were elevators involved. Not everyone was on the ground floor. It wasn't like going into a hospital. Each department seemed to have personal touches, even outside the doors in the hallways.

Thanks for your detailed review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn.

July 20, 2015

It was very nice and clean. They were very friendly, and the people seemed to be happy. I noticed a lot of people walking around, and there were a lot of activities going on. We encountered a lot of people in the hallways going to and fro. They seemed to be a vibrant place. I have eaten there, and the food was good. The dining room seems fine. I thought it was overall very nice. I know there was a keypad for the residents to come in after hours; we went in the front doors, and there was someone waiting there for us.

June 29, 2015

By Cheryl110026250

I enjoyed the visit, and it probably is the one that we will go to. The room is wonderful. It is spacious and clean, and the people there were so very nice. They were so willing to help. I have not been able to try their food, but I will be going back for a second visit, and maybe this time I will be able to try the food.

Hello Cheryl110026250, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

April 11, 2014

By William32

I visited and it felt a little cramped. The staff who assisted me was very nice, and she was perfect for that role. She was an excellent conversationalist and a good listener. She picked up on everything that I said and had a way of expanding on it or drawing me out more by using what I said. She was a true professional. Overall, I was impressed with her. I saw people sitting around and talking. The facility was built very much like a residence. The rooms that I saw were nicely arranged rooms. There were rooms that people had been allowed to bring their own furnishings into, which made it homey.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Our team strives daily to the best of our ability to deliver an excellent experience and we take great pride in what we do. We continue to make improvements and we are pleased to see that you acknowledge this. We offer of variety of life enriching activities and always open to new suggestions. We appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful day.

July 22, 2013

By NICKIE1

MY HUSBAND AND I VISITED THIS FACILITY TO SEE IF WE THOUGHT HIS PARENTS WOULD LIKE IT. WE HAD HEARD SOME NEGATIVE THINGS, AND SAW NONE THAT HAD BEEN MENTIONED. THE STAFF WAS REALLY HELPFUL, CHEERFUL, AND CARRIED ON CONVERSATIONS WITH THE TENANTS. THE TENANTS ALL SEEMED HAPPY AND CONTENT. SEVERAL WERE WALKING AROUND WITH FRIENDS, OTHERS WERE SITTING IN GROUPS LAUGHING AND TELLING STORIES OF THE OLD DAYS. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING TO CONCERN ME. THE APARTMENTS WERE CLEAN, THE RESIDENTS WERE CLEAN AS WELL. I DIDN'T SMELL ANYTHING STINKY. I DID SEE SOME STAINS ON THE HALLWAY CARPET AND SOME ON THE CEILING TILES. THE GROUNDS WERE CLEAN AND THE WALK WAYS WERE CLEAR. I DO HOPE HIS PARENTS DECIDE TO JOIN THE ONES HERE. THE ACTIVITIES, THE MEAL PLANS, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT ALL THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO DO HERE TO KEEP THEM BUSY AND MOVING.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

August 10, 2018

By Leslie

My mom was in independent living at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. The reason we took her out was because they're supposed to have someone there 24 hours a day who could assist them. My mom got locked out of her apartment for six hours. Another lady was locked out all night because nobody came to open the apartment to let her back in. They’re supposed to get lunch and supper, a noon meal, and an evening meal, and several times my mom went up there to get her meal but they ran out of food and they offered her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead. I was there twice when they had done that. I didn't pay $1,900.95 a month for my mom to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The staff was in front of her and they gave them the plates and gave them the food, and they told Mom they didn't have enough for her and she'd have to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. To me, the residents should be fed before the staff is fed. The staff is not paying $2,000 a month to be fed. The facility is clean and nice, but there were changing things when Mom was there. They used to get maid service once a week, but they were talking about doing away with that. They'd have to clean their own rooms or they'd have to pay to have someone come in and clean their rooms. It's $10 an hour for a minimum of three hours to assist them if they need help with cleaning their apartment. If they take them on drives, it's a $15 an hour fee and $0.10 a mile for them to drive them anywhere. They used to have buses that would take them to Walmart and out to eat, but they stopped that, so a lot of the amenities that they had are no longer available. They no longer check the independent residents. They used to hang a ring on their door and if their door ring didn't move by 10:00, a staff member would go down, open the door and check on the independent person, but they no longer do that. The staff was nice though. They have the same meal repeated every week and there was no variety. The facility was beautiful and absolutely gorgeous.

Leslie, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

June 29, 2015

By Michelle109053450

It is a non-smoking facility. So far, the staff has been OK. The rooms look like studio apartments. It looks more like a hotel. They have karaoke, which I think is fun. They also do arts and crafts. It is a very nice place. I like the fact that they have assisted living as well as independent living. My mom will be on the independent side. We are moving her there this weekend.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Upon Hire, All new employees receive at least 12 hours of orientation and training on various topics including Alzheimer’ Disease and Related Dementias, Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness. There are also ongoing all-associates monthly training on various topics associated with caring for residents diagnosed with Dementia/ Alzheimer’s

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Assisted Living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is 80 years old.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offers its residents a variety of monthly activities that satisfy a wide range of interests: social, religious, entertainment, leisure, outdoor, etc. Our residents enjoy exercise class, manicures, board games, puzzles, bingo, lunch and dinner outings, pet therapy, happy hour, chapel services, trivia, music concerts, magic shows, educational seminars, and so much more!

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Trinity Health and Fitness, on the Mary Black Hospital campus, is conveniently located across the street from Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Residents who visit Trinity can enjoy a safe, family-friendly gym atmosphere with plenty of equipment, group classes and personal trainers. There are even underwater treadmills which are great for sore joints!

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to assisted living residents?

Free transportation to doctor's appointments and all activities outings are provided for all residents of Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Assisted Living residents are provided 3 meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Residents enjoy delicious, well-balanced meals with multiple options in a restaurant-style dining room!

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to assisted living residents?

Each Assisted Living resident is provided with an emergency call pendant which can be used to call and notify the nurses station when the resident needs assistance in the event of an emergency.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Assisted Living staff calls family members to Residents, family members and friends can also "like" us on Facebook to see pictures of our residents enjoying activities and learn about upcoming events in the community!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn during daytime and nighttime hours?

From 7am-7pm, peak hours, there is 1 staff member for every 8 residents. From 7pm-7am, non-peak hours, there is 1 staff member for every 30 residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is a pet friendly community! There is a large inner courtyard with a gazebo and walking paths that residents and their pets can enjoy. Pets do need to be on a leash at all times when they are outside of a resident's room and residents must pick up after their pets. The Mary Black Rail Trail, less than 10 minutes drive from the community, also has a public dog park!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Assisted Living staff members attend monthly in-service training sessions to educate them on a wide variety of topics related to the care of residents.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Independent Living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is 70 years old.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Hillcrest Shopping Center is located on East Main Street, less than 10 minutes drive from Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. This outdoor shopping center includes many different attractions including grocery stores, clothing stores/boutiques, nail salons, a movie theatre, ice cream parlor, and a multitude of restaurants to choose from!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn has organized?

Residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn have participated in outings to their favorite restaurants in the Spartanburg area, the Tryon Equestrian Center, Strawberry Hill, Abbott Farms, Morningside Baptist Church, the Earl Scruggs Center, Billy Graham Library, Pages on Pine, and many more. Our activities department welcome suggestions for outings and events from any of our residents and family members!

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Independent Living residents are provided 2 meals a day: lunch and dinner. Residents enjoy delicious, well-balanced meals with multiple options in a restaurant-style dining room!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Independent Living residents can relax in many different common areas throughout the community including the main living room, coffee parlor, great room, etc. There are also common areas on each floor of Independent Living where residents can sit and chat, play pool and even watch television and movies.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to independent living residents?

All outside doors that open into the community have a secure key pad so residents are able to enter the community at any time, but these doors are locked to the general public.

Does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn does not use an agency or registry to provide nursing or medical assistance. We do have Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on campus and residents can transition to these areas of the community as needed.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn provide to protect residents who wander?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn has a secured Memory Care community for residents who have dementia or Alzheimer's and are prone to wandering.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have shadow boxes, we play old movies and TV shows. Our activity Director plays various games, ice cream socials, going out to eat, church services, music therapy, concerts, popcorn and movies. Our formal activity programs are from 9am-8:30pm, 7 days a week. The Legacies Activity programs focus on the 7 Daily Activities for a fulfilling and productive day: Physical, Cognitive, Reminiscent, Music Related, Social engagement, Outdoor, and Life Skill. We also focus on individualized activity programs to meet the needs of each resident through parallel programming.

The RCD assess every 6 month and as needed. The Wellness Director/ Registered Nurse completes all assessments. The wellness director meets with potential resident and completes initial assessment. In 30 days, she completes another assessment and then again every 90 days.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents are asked what or if they have any allergies, likes or dislikes of specific foods. Also, they are asked what their favorite kinds of food are prior to moving in. Soft soothing music and well lit area with purple tablecloths.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

RCC and RCD communicates by email or calling as needed. The Wellness Director reaches out to families who have proper POA via phone call or email regarding any information that must be discussed.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business

Is Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital but we use Mary Black (across the street) or Spartanburg Regional

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• State Licenses: CRC-1950

About Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

At Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well-trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Our community offers a full spectrum of independent living, assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

At Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities, and endless possibilities.

Our residents have many choices when it comes to filling their days - which is attractive to seniors seeking a comfortable, stylish, intimate senior care community. Our community graciously offers well-appointed private accommodations. We offer dementia specific activity programs, nutritious and delicious meals and snacks, scheduled transportation, extensive social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping.

Some features of our community

• Restaurant-style dining
  • Coffee/breakfast area
  • Hair salon/barber shop
  • Library/reading room
  • Arts and crafts/hobby room
  • Walking paths
  • Community Store
  • Pet friendly (exceptions apply)
  • Apartment home maintenance