Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care

1705 Skylyn Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29307
Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 8 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

March 06, 2021

By Reviewer#AT0127

My uncle moved into Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. They said that they have programs where when his money runs out, he could apply for a nursing home Medicaid, and also they allowed him to keep his dog. It's kinda been somewhat negative so far actually. There's just a lack of communication, and you can never, ever get them on the phone to handle anything. You're scarcely on the phone, and then when you ask them to do things, when you follow up, you find out that they didn't do them. I thought before I noticed a lot of turnovers. Once I get with one person about my uncle's care, and I kind of finally get something going with that person about how he's gonna be cared for, and I finally get a routine going, that person quits.

We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please could you contact me or call our team? We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

October 01, 2020

By hostas

Rooms are nice! What staff? Seldom seen! Had more contact with housekeeping that med techs and caregivers.Bingo and singing before lockdown. . There is a wonderful outside area that isn’t utilized, could be used if there was an easy way to get there and the landscape needs attention.

Dear Hostas, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we'll do better. Please feel free reach out with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right and continue an open line of communication.

March 07, 2020

By J.S.

The Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn was nice, but it was just too big. The salesperson that I met there was very nice. The layout of the place was designed like a heart by a heart doctor. They have long hallways that's kind of a build-in exercise, the way it's set up. It was a nice place but it's too big for my taste.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

October 10, 2019

By Sonja

I saw the assisted living part of Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn, which was very nice. I saw several of their rooms; they're also nice and very spacious. I also saw their community store as well as the store. I didn't see their laundry room, but the staff member pointed me in the direction of where the laundry room was. It was a very nice place. My only concern is that since there are still residents who drive they are able to come and go freely. My father-in-law doesn't remember a lot, so he could leave with anyone right out the front door, and that kind of scared me. They have an open gate policy where they can come and go freely, so that freaked me out. The price is also above my father-in-law's pay grade. They said they have activities like games and church and all those things. It would have been very nice if we had chosen them.

Hello Sonja, thank you for your kind review of our community. At Pacifica Senior Living at Skylyn, we cater to a variety of residents and their needs. Independent Living is created for older adults who are very independent, however, are looking for a place to call home where all housekeeping, meals and social events are planned and taken care of for them. Some of our residents remain mentally fit with some light needs for physical assistance. Those residents enjoy the same level of service as our Independent Living residents with additional assistance with personal care, such as medication assistance and personal grooming. Our secured memory care neighborhood is for those older adults who need more reminders quality care and redirection. These residents might be more forgetful, like your father-in-law. These residents are not able to freely leave the community without the assistance of family or our dedicated caregivers and other team members. As their physical needs increase, and a resident requires more skilled nursing care either on a temporary basis, or more permanent, we have our personalized skilled nursing community that has recently received the highest Medicare honor of 5-Star Certified. We are extremely proud of this award and honor. Whatever the care your loved one needs, there is a fit at Skylyn. Thank you for your visit and we appreciate the consideration. We hope you find a place that meets both your care and budgetary needs. Please feel free to reach out to the community for more recommendations. We hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you soon.

March 16, 2019

By Reviewer#JE0226

My parents' room at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is small but adequate and clean. They seem to be comfortable there. The staff is friendly but I think my parents have had some challenges with the timeliness of maintenance, just having some things done in their apartment and such. When I visited and actually eaten there, the staff was very friendly but sometimes meals take longer than I think they should to be served. But the food is good. They post their activities.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

May 02, 2017

By Jacelynn H

Words cannot express how wonderful the people at Pacifica Skylyn were during my residents. From the staff to the residents, I felt the hospitality. Kristina was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all of my questions. Thank you Kristina for putting my mind at ease.

Jacelynn, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! We appreciate your kind review & are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

March 30, 2017

By Linda003547

I visited Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. The experience was fine. The rooms were great and very nice. It looked like they had a lot of activities. The dining area was fine. We met with the sales person who was fine. It was a huge place and so spread out that I felt like my mother would never run into anybody for social interaction. The value and the price were fine. It was 20 minutes from my place.

Hi Linda, thank you for touring our community and leaving us a review. We are sorry to see that you did not have a positive experience. We strive for 5 star reviews and would like to raise your review from 3 to 5 stars! We feel that we have a unique community and extremely dedicated staff. We are the senior living experts and always looking for ways to assist our residents in life enriching activities and programs. We are glad to see that you liked our rooms and activities, and would like to invite you back to see how we would welcome your mother into our community. We are certain that she would fit in and thrive here with us! Please feel free to contact us with any and all questions that you might have.

March 28, 2017

By Frances841561

I didn't like Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. It was nice but a little dirty. The girl who we met was not really prepared, even though we had an appointment. It was like a recorded speech, so it didn't seem like she was interested in finding out what I liked or what I was looking for. The rooms were a good size, but I didn’t see a lot of interaction. It was pretty empty in the hallways and sitting areas. They were nice, but the base boards were dirty, and the staff didn’t seem to be very friendly. I did like the fact that you had a little balcony to go out on, which was nice.

Hi Frances, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We are sorry to hear that you felt our community wasn't what you had expected and we would like to opportunity to speak with you again. We would like to offer you another personalized tour at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.

January 26, 2017

By Steve477878

I don't have any complaints about Pacifica. It was an older building but quiet and well taken care of. They always try to help me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

October 20, 2016

By Tiffany305347

We chose this community for my mom, and she's very happy there. She loves the food, and she comments that she's going to get fat. She's on cloud nine ever since she moved there. It's clean and smells good when you would go in there. They have church, a group room, a beauty salon, common areas where they can watch TV, and plenty of room for residents to walk the hallways and congregate. The staff is resourceful.

Thanks Tiffany for your detailed 4 star review and we look forward to seeing you around the community. We appreciate you sharing your comments! You really made our day today.

August 23, 2016

By Patti511474

I liked it just fine. I found the assisted living apartments lovely and well-appointed. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. It seemed like a fine facility. They had a beautiful library. They had a very pretty non-denominational chapel on the premises. The dining facilities were very nice. I liked that there were separate dining areas for the nursing facility and assisted living facility. That was nice. They provided transportation if you needed to go outside the compound. They had a gym, so I'm sure they had exercise programs. It was somewhat homey for an institution. It definitely looked like mass housing. There were three stories, so there were elevators involved. Not everyone was on the ground floor. It wasn't like going into a hospital. Each department seemed to have personal touches, even outside the doors in the hallways.

Thanks for your detailed review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn.

July 20, 2015

It was very nice and clean. They were very friendly, and the people seemed to be happy. I noticed a lot of people walking around, and there were a lot of activities going on. We encountered a lot of people in the hallways going to and fro. They seemed to be a vibrant place. I have eaten there, and the food was good. The dining room seems fine. I thought it was overall very nice. I know there was a keypad for the residents to come in after hours; we went in the front doors, and there was someone waiting there for us.

June 29, 2015

By Cheryl110026250

I enjoyed the visit, and it probably is the one that we will go to. The room is wonderful. It is spacious and clean, and the people there were so very nice. They were so willing to help. I have not been able to try their food, but I will be going back for a second visit, and maybe this time I will be able to try the food.

Hello Cheryl110026250, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

April 11, 2014

By William32

I visited and it felt a little cramped. The staff who assisted me was very nice, and she was perfect for that role. She was an excellent conversationalist and a good listener. She picked up on everything that I said and had a way of expanding on it or drawing me out more by using what I said. She was a true professional. Overall, I was impressed with her. I saw people sitting around and talking. The facility was built very much like a residence. The rooms that I saw were nicely arranged rooms. There were rooms that people had been allowed to bring their own furnishings into, which made it homey.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Our team strives daily to the best of our ability to deliver an excellent experience and we take great pride in what we do. We continue to make improvements and we are pleased to see that you acknowledge this. We offer of variety of life enriching activities and always open to new suggestions. We appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful day.

July 22, 2013

By NICKIE1

MY HUSBAND AND I VISITED THIS FACILITY TO SEE IF WE THOUGHT HIS PARENTS WOULD LIKE IT. WE HAD HEARD SOME NEGATIVE THINGS, AND SAW NONE THAT HAD BEEN MENTIONED. THE STAFF WAS REALLY HELPFUL, CHEERFUL, AND CARRIED ON CONVERSATIONS WITH THE TENANTS. THE TENANTS ALL SEEMED HAPPY AND CONTENT. SEVERAL WERE WALKING AROUND WITH FRIENDS, OTHERS WERE SITTING IN GROUPS LAUGHING AND TELLING STORIES OF THE OLD DAYS. I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING TO CONCERN ME. THE APARTMENTS WERE CLEAN, THE RESIDENTS WERE CLEAN AS WELL. I DIDN'T SMELL ANYTHING STINKY. I DID SEE SOME STAINS ON THE HALLWAY CARPET AND SOME ON THE CEILING TILES. THE GROUNDS WERE CLEAN AND THE WALK WAYS WERE CLEAR. I DO HOPE HIS PARENTS DECIDE TO JOIN THE ONES HERE. THE ACTIVITIES, THE MEAL PLANS, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT ALL THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO DO HERE TO KEEP THEM BUSY AND MOVING.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we are now under new management and invite you back for a tour. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

July 10, 2021

By Nic

Autumn is WONDERFUL and makes everyone feel so welcome and understood. If we choose Pacifica Skylynn for my father, Autumn would be the biggest reason behind it. My Father enjoyed her vibe, even though he was/is a hard onion to peel ;). The facility appeared to have great activities going on and some loving employees, which are two of the greatest qualities in a great “home” environment. I’m not sure how the food is but that is definitely up there for importance. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for my Dad. I’m grateful for wonderful people who truly love our seniors.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

June 23, 2021

By Wendy

I liked the staff at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. I was shown several different areas. They answered all of my questions and listened to me. The room that we saw was a 2-bedroom with a living area. It was very nice. It was roomy, and I felt like my parents could be very comfortable there. The ground floor was very pretty, and the place is close to things like shopping.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

June 22, 2021

By James

I was able to visit Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. The facilities were OK. The apartments were very nice. The food there was was not rated to be very good. They didn't get a lot of food and they weren't happy with the food, but when I ate there, the meal was very good. They've got a nice library and a chapel. They say they have a hair salon, but it's not always open.

James, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn!

June 22, 2021

By Catherine

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is where I have chosen to live, but I haven't moved in yet. I'm moving by the end of the month. In fact, I've already paid for part of this month, and so I can start moving in anytime -- I've signed the lease and everything. It was in my price range. It's nice. The people are very pleasant and very helpful. I'm going to the senior independent living. The staff was superb. You get lunch and dinner, and they're working on a continental breakfast. They clean your apartment once a week, and you can come and go as you please. The facility looks nice. It's not bright or colorful like the new ones are, but it is very nice inside. It's just one of the older ones, and I didn't find anything wrong with it. They have a lot of seating areas, a library, a little store where you can go in and buy snacks if you want, a chapel, and activities. The grounds are pretty nice. I like the area where Pacifica is located. It is close to a lot of things; I wouldn't have to drive. It is just not updated to the newest fashion or decorating style, but it looks fine to me.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

September 30, 2020

By TMWConwell

This is the first and only community I visited I was so impressed that my search was over. The grounds are beautiful and provide a place to sit and meditate. The apartments are well designed. The neighbors are very friendly.

Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us and we thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

July 26, 2019

By GenaC

I wish I could give them zero stars. We put our parents there and when we first toured the place we were told about all they would do for the residents. Even the website say they have nurses 24/7, they help with ADL and they assist the residents for whatever they need. Here is the truth from our experience. Maintenance does not fix the problems they have. They have been without air-conditioning all day and this has happened several times in the past week and this is only one example. They said they spry for bugs and said they did prior to moving in but they have roaches in the apartment. They say they assist the residents but when my mother fell and all she needed was help up they said for her to call 911. When we called up there and told them to help her when they got off the phone someone, the administrator, went to her apartment and told her " we don't do this, tell your son to call 911". The dining room quite often runs out of food and tells them they can only get a sandwich. Most places know how many residents they have and can plan meals according. Don't believe the web site, don't believe them. You will be paying the upper end of 2000 a month to live in a small apartment, you may or may not get the meals they say they provide, you won't get anything fixed at least not in a timely manner, you will have roaches, you will have to carry your laundry down a hall way and share one old washer and one old dryer per floor. And whatever you do don't need any assistance what so ever because you will not get it.

Hi Gena, we are very sorry to see that you did not have a good experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your review. Would you please reach out to us at your first opportunity?

March 13, 2019

By James

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn was a nice facility, but way too large for my mother. The staff member was very professional and had good knowledge of the facility during the tour, including how it operated. They have a library, a hair salon, and all of those types of amenities. The apartment was clean and nice. The lady showed me two different ones, one if you live by yourself, and one where two people live together. Both were very nice.

Hi James, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope you have a great day!

September 19, 2018

By Calvin

Visited and found great staff and nice building. Would recommend it to anyone in need of senior living.

Calvin, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn!

September 18, 2018

By Norma

I first moved into Skylyn Independent Living on 17 July 2018 with help from Susan (M.D. daughter) and Ralph (son-in-law), Hilsmen, a 31-year resident of Spartanburg (Converse Heights). They did a super job of screening to finally recommend Skylyn to me! I am happy here! Good friends, friendly residents, conscientious, capable staff, above average food. Sue does an outstanding executive direction!

Hi Norma, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn!

August 10, 2018

By Leslie

My mom was in independent living at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. The reason we took her out was because they're supposed to have someone there 24 hours a day who could assist them. My mom got locked out of her apartment for six hours. Another lady was locked out all night because nobody came to open the apartment to let her back in. They’re supposed to get lunch and supper, a noon meal, and an evening meal, and several times my mom went up there to get her meal but they ran out of food and they offered her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead. I was there twice when they had done that. I didn't pay $1,900.95 a month for my mom to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The staff was in front of her and they gave them the plates and gave them the food, and they told Mom they didn't have enough for her and she'd have to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. To me, the residents should be fed before the staff is fed. The staff is not paying $2,000 a month to be fed. The facility is clean and nice, but there were changing things when Mom was there. They used to get maid service once a week, but they were talking about doing away with that. They'd have to clean their own rooms or they'd have to pay to have someone come in and clean their rooms. It's $10 an hour for a minimum of three hours to assist them if they need help with cleaning their apartment. If they take them on drives, it's a $15 an hour fee and $0.10 a mile for them to drive them anywhere. They used to have buses that would take them to Walmart and out to eat, but they stopped that, so a lot of the amenities that they had are no longer available. They no longer check the independent residents. They used to hang a ring on their door and if their door ring didn't move by 10:00, a staff member would go down, open the door and check on the independent person, but they no longer do that. The staff was nice though. They have the same meal repeated every week and there was no variety. The facility was beautiful and absolutely gorgeous.

Leslie, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

June 29, 2015

By Michelle109053450

It is a non-smoking facility. So far, the staff has been OK. The rooms look like studio apartments. It looks more like a hotel. They have karaoke, which I think is fun. They also do arts and crafts. It is a very nice place. I like the fact that they have assisted living as well as independent living. My mom will be on the independent side. We are moving her there this weekend.

Thank you for letting us know about your visit.

Nursing Home Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

April 27, 2019

By concernedfamily0304

I have a family member in the memory care assisted living. Her medicine has been changed and not given including a mind medication. Also we got a bill for April telling us not to pay that we had a positive balance. The. May bill is given and we have been rebilled for what the last month plus new month and we now owe $7000. Business office is a mess and medications aren't given appropriately. How can we be told not to pay and then get a HUGE bill for the next month with the previous month on the bill!

Thank you so much for your time to review us. We want to make this right for you! Please contact the community directly and ask for the Business Office Manager as it relates to any billing issues. Our Executive Director is waiting to connect with you about your medication concerns. We take medication concerns seriously, and our Executive Director is a Registered Nurse with over two decades of experience. Please feel free to give him a call or stop in to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to solving these concerns.

January 31, 2014

By thenderson

My mom has Alzheimer's and is in this community. They are wonderful. It is not elaborate, but it is nice and clean. Mom is in an apartment with a little foyer and a kitchenette, which had counter, cabinets and refrigerator. Then there is living room area. They have their private bedrooms, which are spacious and a bathroom. The family of each person can come and have their privacy in the apartment. They can also meet in the TV room where they gather where they can talk. There is also a long hallway in the facility where there is piano. On the right there is a room that looks like an outdoor park. They have a mailbox there and they can walk on the patio. It is like a big family. The staff is good to the residents. They treat all of them the same. The really go out of their way and tell me how much they love my mom and the other people there. The nurses there even use their break time to pick up medicines for the people who didn't have any family. When mom first comes in there, she thought the building is on fire and she keeps going out but she didn't get hurt. Then she go into another room where she kick the window and re-arrange the furniture. They call me and tell me: "I just want to let you know how things are going. Your mom, I don’t really know what caused it, but she kicked out a window" and I say "Oh my gosh!". Then she says: "Then she moves some furniture in another room". I say: "Okay, tell me how long to get that window repaired". She says: "Oh, no. This is her journey. She is on a journey that she didn't understand. If something in her past that has come into reality then we'll have that one to face. You don't have to worry about it. We just want to let you know that she is okay. She didn't have any scratch or hurt anything when she kicked it out and she's fine". They know this is a journey that these people are in. And, each one has a different journey. The just follow the journey and if they get irritated, they just talk around it and try to get them to steer them to a happy direction. You don't find these kind of people everywhere. As long as mom is happy and I know that she is happy, then I am happy.

September 30, 2013

By Dianne8

Since Skylyn Place has a memory care facility, we opted this place for my mom. It was also the one closest to us. Right now she is on their waiting list. They have apartments that are basically the same as with the assisted living part of the facility. They also have two-bedroom apartments. The difference is that their memory care is a lockdown facility for Alzheimer's patients. The staff was very nice during my visit. They told us that they have activities in their memory care unit. What I like best for this facility? Well, I'm just glad that they've got a memory care unit. There's not that many of them around. Also the price is reasonable.

Thank you for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Upon Hire, All new employees receive at least 12 hours of orientation and training on various topics including Alzheimer’ Disease and Related Dementias, Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness. There are also ongoing all-associates monthly training on various topics associated with caring for residents diagnosed with Dementia/ Alzheimer’s

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Assisted Living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is 80 years old.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offers its residents a variety of monthly activities that satisfy a wide range of interests: social, religious, entertainment, leisure, outdoor, etc. Our residents enjoy exercise class, manicures, board games, puzzles, bingo, lunch and dinner outings, pet therapy, happy hour, chapel services, trivia, music concerts, magic shows, educational seminars, and so much more!

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Trinity Health and Fitness, on the Mary Black Hospital campus, is conveniently located across the street from Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Residents who visit Trinity can enjoy a safe, family-friendly gym atmosphere with plenty of equipment, group classes and personal trainers. There are even underwater treadmills which are great for sore joints!

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to assisted living residents?

Free transportation to doctor's appointments and all activities outings are provided for all residents of Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Assisted Living residents are provided 3 meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Residents enjoy delicious, well-balanced meals with multiple options in a restaurant-style dining room!

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to assisted living residents?

Each Assisted Living resident is provided with an emergency call pendant which can be used to call and notify the nurses station when the resident needs assistance in the event of an emergency.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Assisted Living staff calls family members to Residents, family members and friends can also "like" us on Facebook to see pictures of our residents enjoying activities and learn about upcoming events in the community!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn during daytime and nighttime hours?

From 7am-7pm, peak hours, there is 1 staff member for every 8 residents. From 7pm-7am, non-peak hours, there is 1 staff member for every 30 residents.

If Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is a pet friendly community! There is a large inner courtyard with a gazebo and walking paths that residents and their pets can enjoy. Pets do need to be on a leash at all times when they are outside of a resident's room and residents must pick up after their pets. The Mary Black Rail Trail, less than 10 minutes drive from the community, also has a public dog park!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Assisted Living staff members attend monthly in-service training sessions to educate them on a wide variety of topics related to the care of residents.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Independent Living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn is 70 years old.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Hillcrest Shopping Center is located on East Main Street, less than 10 minutes drive from Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. This outdoor shopping center includes many different attractions including grocery stores, clothing stores/boutiques, nail salons, a movie theatre, ice cream parlor, and a multitude of restaurants to choose from!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn has organized?

Residents at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn have participated in outings to their favorite restaurants in the Spartanburg area, the Tryon Equestrian Center, Strawberry Hill, Abbott Farms, Morningside Baptist Church, the Earl Scruggs Center, Billy Graham Library, Pages on Pine, and many more. Our activities department welcome suggestions for outings and events from any of our residents and family members!

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Independent Living residents are provided 2 meals a day: lunch and dinner. Residents enjoy delicious, well-balanced meals with multiple options in a restaurant-style dining room!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Independent Living residents can relax in many different common areas throughout the community including the main living room, coffee parlor, great room, etc. There are also common areas on each floor of Independent Living where residents can sit and chat, play pool and even watch television and movies.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to independent living residents?

All outside doors that open into the community have a secure key pad so residents are able to enter the community at any time, but these doors are locked to the general public.

Does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn does not use an agency or registry to provide nursing or medical assistance. We do have Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on campus and residents can transition to these areas of the community as needed.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn provide to protect residents who wander?

Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn has a secured Memory Care community for residents who have dementia or Alzheimer's and are prone to wandering.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have shadow boxes, we play old movies and TV shows. Our activity Director plays various games, ice cream socials, going out to eat, church services, music therapy, concerts, popcorn and movies. Our formal activity programs are from 9am-8:30pm, 7 days a week. The Legacies Activity programs focus on the 7 Daily Activities for a fulfilling and productive day: Physical, Cognitive, Reminiscent, Music Related, Social engagement, Outdoor, and Life Skill. We also focus on individualized activity programs to meet the needs of each resident through parallel programming.

The RCD assess every 6 month and as needed. The Wellness Director/ Registered Nurse completes all assessments. The wellness director meets with potential resident and completes initial assessment. In 30 days, she completes another assessment and then again every 90 days.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents are asked what or if they have any allergies, likes or dislikes of specific foods. Also, they are asked what their favorite kinds of food are prior to moving in. Soft soothing music and well lit area with purple tablecloths.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

RCC and RCD communicates by email or calling as needed. The Wellness Director reaches out to families who have proper POA via phone call or email regarding any information that must be discussed.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business

Is Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital but we use Mary Black (across the street) or Spartanburg Regional

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants

• State Licenses: CRC-1950

About Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn

At Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well-trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Our community offers a full spectrum of independent living, assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

At Pacifica Senior Living Skylyn, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities, and endless possibilities.

Our residents have many choices when it comes to filling their days - which is attractive to seniors seeking a comfortable, stylish, intimate senior care community. Our community graciously offers well-appointed private accommodations. We offer dementia specific activity programs, nutritious and delicious meals and snacks, scheduled transportation, extensive social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping.

Some features of our community

• Restaurant-style dining
  • Coffee/breakfast area
  • Hair salon/barber shop
  • Library/reading room
  • Arts and crafts/hobby room
  • Walking paths
  • Community Store
  • Pet friendly (exceptions apply)
  • Apartment home maintenance