TerraBella Windsor Lake

Reviews of TerraBella Windsor Lake

Independent Living Reviews for TerraBella Windsor Lake

August 17, 2016

By Jan044656

The Waterford at Columbia had a nice variety of room styles available. The residents that we met were all very nice. The dining facility seemed first-rate and had different options like eating at different times during the day. We liked the location and the person who toured us around.

May 10, 2016

By Tim T.SDNNE

My wife’s sister is very happy in The Waterford. My wife and I toured it and were very impressed with the size and activities. The dietary plan is very well laid out. The staff is great. She has a big one-bedroom with a fill bath, located very conveniently to the laundry and the elevator. We have eaten in the dining room, and the food is really good. She is just starting to sign up for the activities, of which they apparently have a lot, like bingo, arts and crafts, roller skating, and bowling. They also take them shopping once a week. I just think it is top notch.

November 24, 2015

I visited The Waterford at Columbia, an independent living facility. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. It has a warm environment. It would be a place that I really would consider placing my mother, but right now, we are trying to maintain her residence. With regard to the activities, I found lots of things that she could have been engaged in and have interaction with other seniors.

November 15, 2015

I was very impressed with The Waterford. They have studios, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms. It depends on what you’re looking for, but the few rooms that I looked at were very nice. I have tried the food, and it was quite good in an absolutely lovely dining area with waiter service. It was quite professional. It was a facility I would have loved to live in, but it was a little too overpriced for what I could manage right now. I absolutely recommend this place to others.

November 04, 2015

By Caring Daughter 012

I enjoyed the hospitality of the workers at Waterford. My mother enjoyed the food. The rooms had enough space in them. The staff was very professional, very engaging, and gave great feedback on what they offered.

September 06, 2015

The Waterford was more independent living than an assisted living. It was OK. They had not just rooms, but apartments too. I would recommend it if you do not need a lot of services because you had to hire your own nurses, but it was very impressive. They had a lovely lobby and a library, and it was in a very top scale place. It seemed to me like they had a good staff.

April 24, 2015

By Cynthia45

I toured Waterford at Columbia, and I was impressed with the overall atmosphere. The dining room was well presented and well lit. The staff presented a very caring attitude. They have their own bus, and they take them out for excursions or shopping. The management was very engaging. The living areas were nice and clean.

March 23, 2015

By Penry G.

My mother has been living at the Waterford for 2 years, and we have had VERY few problems with anything. The staff is stellar and caring and friendly. We have never had any sort of issues with theft or abuse of ANY ANY kind. I HIGHLY recommend the Waterford for the independent living senior. The small kitchens are adequate enough to cook any meal, yet all meals are provided in a beautiful dining room. And if that is an issue, meals can be delivered to the rooms. My mom is in a studio apartment which she had painted to suit her desires (sage green, in fact). They have been accommodating and kind at every turn. Many social activities are offered--even live music in the dining room for Valentine's Day, for example. This is a NON medical facility, but many residents have aides who help them with their day to day living. My mother loves her housekeeper, who takes good care of the cleaning needs in her studio apt. The grounds are always pretty, and you often see a resident or two walking their little dogs around. I don't have too much negative to say at all. There are 3 people from my church alone now living there, and I am constantly recommending this place to friends. Check it out if you have a friend or relative who needs this sort of safe and friendly environment.

September 30, 2014

By Frank30

Years ago we were at a meeting where we met the salesperson, and when we started looking for a facility, we called them and went over had lunch at The Waterford. They have nice things, but they’re all inside like apartments. It was spacious and had a full kitchen, but they didn’t have a washer and dryer in the units; you had to go to a laundry room. We only met the salesperson and she was nice. We ate in the dining room; the food was good, but there was complete silence. There was no interaction between the people that were eating; it was kind of strange. Its hallways weren’t nice and elegant, and they must improve on their decors. But we felt the place is safe.

March 31, 2014

I found my sister a place to go. It’s an independent living situation. The rooms are quite large, and they're unfurnished. They serve three meals a day. They have a lot of activities going on. My sister likes to play bingo, and they take bus trips. Everybody seems to be really friendly. She likes it there, and that's important. I'm just glad she's safe now. She was not safe in her own home. I think everybody who lives at Waterford really likes being out there.

September 26, 2013

By SunnyMoon

The Waterford at Columbia was my first choice. It was an elegant place and I was treated like royalty. I liked the people and the staff. Everybody was so friendly and open and any questions we had they were right there to answer. They were very knowledgeable about their facility. They had a lot of stuff going on. But it was not affordable for my mother.

June 28, 2012

By Edward2

We have had holiday meals there, visits with grandma, drop-ins at the facility, and the atmosphere is always pleasant, and grandma loves it there. She enjoys the activities that the Waterford provides, such as trips to church, Wal-Mart for shopping, and other outings. The facility is very clean, the employees are always friendly and accommodating, and there is a sense of life within the Waterford. I've visited other facilities that seem to have the feel of people just waiting to die. Dark rooms, multiple beds in what has a hospital room feel - it's very depressing. The Waterford is lively, and there are multiple gathering areas, and the lunchroom and dinner area is very bright and vibrant. There are games to play and a workout room for the residents as well. If I could afford to put my own grandmother into such a nice place, and she was willing to go, the Waterford would be my first choice.

Questions about TerraBella Windsor Lake

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at TerraBella Windsor Lake. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 55 and older community and our residents enjoy active lifestyles. We have all types of activities on site, including morning exercise, wine and cheese socials, outdoor activities and gardening, church services, bridge clubs and more!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located near the best shopping and dining experiences in Columbia.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at TerraBella Windsor Lake has organized?

We do weekly outings for shopping and dining at locations that are chosen by the residents.

What transportation services does TerraBella Windsor Lake offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation for doctors appointments, shopping and dining trips, errands, etc.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents enjoy the library, game room, activity and event room, private dining areas, a patio and gardening area.

What safety features or security measures does TerraBella Windsor Lake offer to independent living residents?

We have 24 hour staff available.

Does TerraBella Windsor Lake work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for TerraBella Windsor Lake

Photos of TerraBella Windsor Lake

Services and Amenities of TerraBella Windsor Lake

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About TerraBella Windsor Lake

Nestled lakeside amidst a backdrop of mature trees, yet still, just minutes from Columbia’s best dining and entertainment is TerraBella Windsor Lake. Our amenity- and service-rich senior living community offers an Active Independent Living option with exclusive recreational, educational, and health and fitness programs.

At TerraBella Windsor Lake, available laundry and linen service, housekeeping and maintenance and even chauffeured transportation make for delightful, worry-free living. It’s all part of a proven recipe for the active and satisfying retirement lifestyle that you want and so richly deserves! So for unsurpassed service, superior value and outstanding lifestyle quality, the choice is easy: TerraBella Windsor Lake.

Community Amenities
  • Private dining room
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Community Wi-Fi
  • Daily newspaper delivery available
  • Housekeeping and laundry services available
  • Landscaped courtyards
  • Visiting post office
  • Gardens and patios
  • Scheduled courtesy transportation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Social, educational and recreational programs and activities
  • Well-stocked library
  • Activity center with games
  • Billiards table
  • Dry cleaning pickup
  • Computer area with internet access
  • Beautifully manicured grounds
  • Hardwood Floors
  • High Ceilings
  • Beautiful Views
  • Storage areas

We offer a range of lifestyle programs including our delicious, restaurant-quality dining, a full calendar of activities and social events, and 24-hour concierge service from our dedicated team members.

Map of TerraBella Windsor Lake