Mill Creek Manor Columbia, SC

Reviews of Mill Creek Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Mill Creek Manor

September 29, 2017

By Margaret

Amara Place was being remodeled and everything was askew when we visited. I wouldn't go there because the kitchen was small. They showed me five different rooms that were all small and pretty much the same. It's hot here in South Carolina, but their patios weren't covered, although they did have some umbrellas outside.

June 06, 2017

By mary-ann383450

Amara Place's apartment was very nice and big, and it had a patio, but it was in a separate building. There were lots of different buildings, which weren't connected, and to get to the dining room, I would have had to go outside and walked through the parking area. It would have been kind of scary, and I just didn't like that.

September 26, 2013

By SunnyMoon

We chose Summers Landing for my mother because it was the most affordable and it's five minutes from my home. They got a nice floor plan, a big kitchen, and lots of cabinets. They're fully-equipped and modern. I love the apartments. They have 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments. They have activities for anybody who wants to participate whether you live within assisted living building or you live in their apartments. They take trips and they have movies and games. They have a lot of beauty shops on the premises. I am very pleased with the service that my mother is getting.

Independent Living Reviews for Mill Creek Manor

October 01, 2019

By Sue

Amara Place was nice. However, they had more people in the assisted living area than they do in the independent. I met some lovely people there, but there were only about eight people and they were in a very small dining room. They separated the assisted living people from those who can do for themselves because some of the people had to be fed, and some of the people were in wheelchair. It was a little more segregated than I would like for it to be. The group I was with was a much smaller group, but everything was fine. The apartments were modern and very neat. They were not too many all in one place; they were spread out nicely. Food was excellent. They also had diabetic dessert which was so good for me. It was excellent. It was not a large place but it was very well maintained, very fresh, and clean.

September 12, 2018

By Jean

Amara Place was very well laid out. I liked that the independent living was separate, but not completely so. They would check on you in the mornings and make sure you're doing OK even though it's independent living. They have nice one- and two-bedrooms. The floor plan was really nice and pleasant. They have arts and crafts, and cards, and if I don't want to cook, I can go out and eat in the hall. It was pleasant and clean. The staff was very efficient and very pleasant, very welcoming when you walk in the door, and very friendly. They're great people, very courteous, and they answered all my questions. It was very well kept. The maintenance was awesome, including the yard. Everything was perfect and topnotch. The price was just way too much out of my bounds for independent living.

July 24, 2018

By Ida

We have already moved into Amara Place. All the other clients seem to be very friendly and helpful. The staff got a big growth spurt at the same time we moved in. We eat three meals a day, and it has been good food. They take trips to stores, they have crafts and games, and they have a monthly friends and family night. We visited several different places, but Amara Place was the one that we felt met our needs.

Memory Care Reviews for Mill Creek Manor

March 21, 2021

By Susan

We're leaning very heavily toward Mill Creek Manor for my father. We saw everything. The staff seemed very friendly and attentive. The facility and grounds themselves appeared very clean and sanitary. Out of the facilities that we have looked at, it had the best maintenance. The area was secure, and it made me feel that my father would be safe in that memory care facility with the security that they had. The staff showed us a movie room and an activity area. There was an outside area that they could sit in that was 100% secure. We're moving him within the next thirty days.

Susan, Thank you for visiting and for this feedback on Mill Creek Manor. We are thrilled you're considering our place as a wonderful new home for your Dad. We will do our best to please you and provide for a wonderful daily experience for your father. Please know that all of the team members you've met along the way will be happy to help as you walk along this path.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Mill Creek Manor

What programs or activities does Mill Creek Manor offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Mill Creek Manor has a Vibrant Life program for activities that promote each aspect of health for each of our residents. We believe in living beyond the B's (bible study and bingo, though we offer those activities as well!) with our signature programs like Path to Wellness, Livin' the Dream, & This is Your Life!

What places are near Mill Creek Manor or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Mill Creek Manor is off of Two Notch Rd and right down the road from multiple shopping areas, including the Sandhills area!

What transportation services does Mill Creek Manor offer to assisted living residents?

Mill Creek Manor provides transportation to and from physician and other medical appointments on Tuesdays! We also have weekly shopping outings to places like Walmart and luncheons!

What makes the chef or dining program at Mill Creek Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our trademarked Elevate dining programs will definitely enhance your dining experience with our signature items, programs, and always available menu. We pride ourselves on resident-centered care which also includes recreating our residents favorite meals and/or recipes!

What safety features or security measures does Mill Creek Manor offer to assisted living residents?

Mill Creek Manor has staff on site 24 hours of every day as well as a nurse full time who is able to monitor and assist residents as needed.

How does Mill Creek Manor keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Mill Creek Manor has several social media and private apps and programs that residents and loved ones can sign into and see videos, pictures, and events that their loved one has participated in!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Mill Creek Manor has organized?

Our residents loved visiting Riverbanks Zoo, Goat Daddy's Farm, special happy hours and luncheons, and in August we will be going to Winnsboro to watch one of our residents fly a plane in our awesome Vibrant Life trademarked signature program, Livin' the Dream!

What transportation services does Mill Creek Manor offer to independent living residents?

Mill Creek Manor provides transportation to and from physician and other medical appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays! We also have weekly shopping outings to places like Walmart and luncheons!

What makes the chef or dining program at Mill Creek Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Mill Creek Manor offers a main building with two dining rooms, an activity room, library, movie room, and a Clubhouse separate from the main building with games, a piano, and a kitchenette available 24 hours. Amara Place also has a wellness center on the way!

What safety features or security measures does Mill Creek Manor provide to protect residents who wander?

Mill Creek Manor has a secured memory care unit, including a secured court-yard, for our Generations residents who reside in memory care.

What programs or activities does Mill Creek Manor offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Within our Vibrant Life program for activities that promotes each aspect of health for each of our residents, we also have a special "Generations" program. We believe in living beyond the B's (bible study and bingo, though we offer those activities as well!) with our signature programs like Path to Wellness, Livin' the Dream, & This is Your Life! We also have Music & Memory and different programs to cultivate and promote the memory of our residents.

Our full time nurse is able to monitor and assess resident's as needed and also every six months to ensure appropriate care is always given.

What techniques does Mill Creek Manor use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Mill Creek Manor observes different types of diets, including textured, to ensure our residents can maintain healthy diets and weights. We also have staff on-hand at all times with our Generations residents.

How does Mill Creek Manor keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Is Mill Creek Manor affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Mill Creek Manor is located in close proximity to several hospitals including but not limited to: Lexington Medical and the Palmetto Health hospitals.

Costs for Mill Creek Manor

Photos of Mill Creek Manor

Services and Amenities of Mill Creek Manor

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: #057005037

About Mill Creek Manor

Discover a beautiful senior living community in Columbia, South Carolina.

Renowned for our convenient location, excellence in food, first-class staff and signature activities, Mill Creek Manor is one of Columbia’s finest senior communities.

Our neighborhood offers a small town feel with all the conveniences of big city living—world-class shopping and dining, a commitment to the arts, and plenty of natural beauty.

From our well-maintained grounds to the beautiful parks and attractions in and around Columbia, every day at Mill Creek Manor offers new beauty and new possibilities. We like to keep our calendar full at Mill Creek Manor, especially with activities that involve the local community. We create our schedules around the things you love to do.

At Mill Creek Manor, we offer more than just comfortable living spaces for seniors. Nothing is more important to us than the health and happiness of our residents. There’s no doubt — it’s our residents that are at the center of all we do at Mill Creek Manor and make life here so special!

Independent and assisted living at its finest! Mill Creek Manor – surrounded by the beautiful Sesquicentennial State Park – features exceptional amenities, memory care services, and a regularly-updated calendar of events and activities to make sure residents are enjoying life to the fullest. Located within a short drive to shopping areas and restaurants in Columbia, South Carolina, you can choose your own lifestyle. Add our world-class healthcare and 24/7 assistance by caring staff to your experience at Mill Creek Manor and you’ll find yourself enjoying your new home with some extra peace of mind.

Map of Mill Creek Manor