Harbison Shores

Harbison Shores (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Harbison Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Harbison Shores

December 06, 2014

I visited The Agape Senior which was a very nice place. They had a very small outside area. The rooms were very nice and very spacious. I was only there once, and the staff was all very nice and very helpful to answer question. The people were very nice, and it looked like they were being cared for. Overall, it was a very nice place. My daughter-in-law's grandmother had been there for many years, and the family had been very pleased with it.

Memory Care Reviews for Harbison Shores

March 22, 2021

By Greg

My brother is at Harbison Shores. The first night wasn't good, I heard he paced all night in the room but the second day seemed a bit better. My family has been starting to visit him to provide some continuity and some constant in the middle of all the changes. I'm still working on something about contacting him but they don't think a landline in his room was a good idea. So now I just call the facility and they would go and get him. It's alright but it seems like he's having a conversation with someone standing right there listening. It's fine though, at least I'm able to reach him. The facility so far has been good. No issues there.

March 21, 2021

By Susan

We were able to visit Harbison Shores in person. I was comfortable with everything the staff told me. However, the facility and the grounds were not as nice as the others I've seen, and their rooms were smaller. They had spa rooms where residents would take showers. They didn't have a shower in the suite; it only had a toilet and a sink. The spa was like a communal-type shower area, and they were set up that way for safety, so they could watch everybody, and they could safely take showers if they needed assistance. They had an activity room and a movie-theater-type area. I do not believe it was as well maintained as the others I've seen. The private suites were a little small, and the bathrooms only had the sink and the toilet. The courtyard was enclosed and secure.

July 26, 2019

By Shannon

My mother is doing well at Carolina Gardens at Harbison. The staff is very helpful, very informative, they communicate with us well, and she adapted fantastically. It's a small community and there's a lot more one-on-one with the residents. It has a family-like atmosphere, they're very welcoming, and it's very homey. She has a shared room, but they have single rooms as well. They have an outdoor sitting area and a garden where they can go out and plant flowers, vegetables, or fruits. It's a secured facility. They have outings, and they do fun events. For example, there was a luau last night where they had food and games. There's a busy itinerary every day that's posted on the front door. They have daily devotionals, music, activities, games, movies, social events, ice cream socials, and they have activity boxes that help with mental stimulation and hand-eye coordination.

July 26, 2019

By Elaine

I'm planning to put my mother-in-law in Carolina Gardens at Harbison. My impression of the community is very nice. The rooms were suitable and they're actually very nice for the price. The staff greeted me during the tour and everybody was very friendly. I was shown some of their amenities like the hair salon, activities room, and the garden. Everything was good; I can't say anything bad about them.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Costs for Harbison Shores

Photos of Harbison Shores

Services and Amenities of Harbison Shores

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: CRC-1932

About Harbison Shores

Our assisted living program offers residents personalized assistance, with all-inclusive amenities. The care that each resident receives is unique to his or her needs. Each resident is assessed prior to move-in and is assessed regularly throughout their stay. This ensures our residents are always receiving the proper care for their needs.

Assisted Living provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with the activities of daily life (ADLs), such as bathing, dressing, and medication. Our plan is a focus on overall wellness and maintaining residents’ independence.

Care-related programs offered are:

• Care staff at facility 24-hours, 7-days a week
  • Personal care assistance with ADLs: hygiene, grooming, dressing and bathing
  • Medication assistance and administration
  • Mobility assistance
  • Continence maintenance
  • Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy

Our Memory Care Program, for residents who require Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, is a secure, designated area of the Community. Our Nursing, Activities programs, and staffing are Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care specific. The Memory Care Program also includes private apartments and private bathrooms as well as common areas for dining and activities that encourage social, therapeutic, and physical participation.

Catering to Residents with Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care

We understand our Memory Care residents need additional and specific care. We cater to their needs through consistent staffing so our employees and residents can be more acquainted. This relationship helps our staff better understand residents and their needs. The program also helps the residents feel more comfortable and participate more often in activities and socializing.

Additional services to ensure proper care include:

• State of the art Comprehensive Assessment Plan
  • Individualized service plans to meet specific Activities of Daily Living
  • 3-Meals a day plus snacks
  • Weekly personal laundry services; additional laundry services available
  • Weekly housekeeping services
  • Dedicated Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care staffing on site 24-hours per day
  • Medication Management and Medication Administration
  • Coordination and scheduling of medical appointments
  • Additional Costs May Apply

Our community provides a safe and maintenance-free place to live so residents are able to participate in activities, work on their hobbies, or however they would like to spend their retirement years.

Map of Harbison Shores