16 Assisted Living Facilities near Lexington, SC
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lexington area, with 5 in Lexington and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lexington is $3,317 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Irmo with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 123 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lexington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lexington 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Irmo with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lexington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lexington, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lexington
The seat of Lexington County and a suburb of Columbia, Lexington has a population of over 21,000 and a senior population of close to 17 percent. Lexington features five assisted living facilities with a further 21 located within close proximity. When living at an assisted care facility, seniors can expect to receive assistance with activities associated with daily living such as bathing and dressing. The state’s assisted living facilities, also called community residential care facilities, are regulated by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lexington
- Lexington's cost of living index is 104 which is slightly above the national average index of 100, but seniors shouldn't be unduly concerned if moving here from another area.
- There are multiple cultural attractions that seniors may enjoy like Lexington County Museum, Icehouse Amphitheater, and the Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden.
- Lexington has an array of resources for seniors, including the Lexington Senior Center, which features educational activities, daily meals, bingo, arts and crafts, informative lectures, fitness classes and day trips.
- The Lexington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Lexington Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Like many cities and suburbs around the country, Lexington has an elevated average annual crime rate that is above the national average. Lexington experiences, on average, 3,326 crimes per 100,000 people. The national average is 2,837 crimes per 100,000 people. Seniors should take standard precautions to secure their belongings and travel with companions.
- Much of the year, South Carolina experiences pleasant temperatures and weather conditions that seniors may enjoy. However, it is not immune to inclement weather conditions that include the effects of hurricanes. Summer temperatures can also be extreme with an average July high of 93. The heat and humidity may provide challenging for seniors with respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lexington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lexington start around $3,317 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lexington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lexington
Currently, South Carolina is one of several states that does not provide public financial assistance for seniors requiring care at an assisted living facility. Its current waivers provide financial assistance for seniors who are aging in place at home and require support. On the other hand, seniors receiving SSI benefits may qualify for SSI to provide some assistance for this type of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lexington
Lexington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lexington, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lexington
Lexington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lexington, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lexington
Review of Wellmore of Lexington
Wellmore of Lexington has been very nice to my mom. She had been able to go down to their dining area and she enjoys that. It also has a lot of different activities to do, hobby type of things. The... Read more
Review of Carolina Gardens at Lexington
Rooms are somewhat small. Staff is not well trained. Activities are limited, especially in memory care. Residents do enjoy exercising. Furniture in common areas and member care is not cleaned on a ... Read more
Review of Morningside of Lexington
Morningside of Lexington was very nice. Everybody was very helpful. The staff was very professional and answered all my questions. It was very nice and neat. It had everything my mother would've ne... Read more