Harmony at Columbia

Reviews of Harmony at Columbia

Assisted Living Reviews for Harmony at Columbia

September 11, 2018

By Denise

The Crossings at Columbia were very neat and clean. They have a lot of programs that I really enjoyed that I thought my mom would enjoy. They showed me some of the guestrooms and some of the rooms where all the amenities were presented, and those were nice. They have a gym, an activity room, and music. The activities inside and outside were nice. It's closer to where I live, and it was very commendable.

October 27, 2016

By Lexus553744

The Crossings at Columbia was like a palace, but the staff was kind of snooty. The rooms and apartments were extravagant.

August 22, 2016

By Don176741

We had my mother-in-law put in The Crossings here in Columbia, and they’re doing a good job. We found it to be a cost effective, newer facility. It’s been out there for probably a little over a year. They have memory care, 66 assisted living units, and 22 memory care units. They have plenty of caregivers. One of the things we like is they have their own in-house doctor on-staff. They provide transportation to and from appointments and send caregivers with people. They have all of the programs and address all the needs of somebody in assisted living.

November 24, 2015

The staff at The Crossings at Columbia is very nice. I've visited them several times, and each time, they have been very informative. The facility is brand new, which is a major plus, and has very modern décor. It is on the expensive side. The dining facility is like a dining hall or a restaurant hall, which is nice, as well.

November 24, 2015

By Charlotte Customer

I visited The Crossings, and the staff was great. The dining facility was nice. They do Bible study, music class, crafts, painting, and bingo.

July 04, 2015

We chose The Crossings at Columbia because it was brand new, and it was the nicest one we could find. They have waiters for the dinner. They have a bistro if you don't want the regular choices for dinner. They also have a pond and a fountain. I think they have lots of activities. There is a calendar, and there are like 5 or 6 things everyday. They can go anywhere from cards, to music, to playing Wii bowling, to having church services, to ice cream socials. We got an efficiency apartment for my mom. It is like a large bedroom with a kitchenette and a bathroom.

July 02, 2015

By Caring1927

Yes, the place is new and pretty. Yes, the support staff is friendly and helpful. The executive staff that directs the community is less concerned about care and more concerned about money. The planned activities leave much to be desired. I will happily move my relative when a new opportunity becomes available.

May 13, 2015

By Jean105094250

The Crossings at Columbia was simply wonderful. It was new and immaculate. I spoke with the director who showed me around along with my sister-in-law, and I thought the facility was just great. They did have security for the memory wing, and I was pleased with the schedule that she was telling me about. We went through the first floor of the building. I saw two rooms, and they were wonderful. The adjoining bathroom was really impressive because it had a built-in seat on which the patient could sit to get a bath or a shower, and they had a place for them to place their clothes. The floor was accident proof -- not slick that the patient could fall down -- and that was impressive for that part of the room. They would even change beds from a single to a double if you like. The atmosphere was warm. There weren't any dirty spots, as if somebody had not lived in it yet. I also like it because they had hardwood floors down the hallway that were not shiny or slick, and that was a plus for me. The activities that she told us about were wonderful, and the grounds were very inviting and clean.

Independent Living Reviews for Harmony at Columbia

March 14, 2020

By Chris

Harmony at Columbia is wonderful, and they have extremely friendly staff members. They were more interested in my mother's care instead of just trying to give us a sales pitch. The place was nicely kept up and new. The staff was more than accommodating with our questions, and they're still the same way to this day. It's by far top of the list of everywhere we looked at. They have different styles of rooms. They have happy hour every day for one hour right before dinner, but they're limited to two beverages. She also enjoys bingo and the movie theater. You pay for the meals with your lease, which include brunch and dinner.

October 04, 2019

By Sue

The Crossings at Columbia (Harmony at Columbia) is too expensive, but I like it very much. It's wonderful. If I had the money, I'd be there. I could do a 1-bedroom but I'm not ready to live in a box yet. It is very nicely appointed. They have lots of activities. They provide cable and Wifi. They don't have a swimming pool, but they have an exercise room, movie room, art room, piano downstairs in the great room, and three meals a day. They have most anything you could think of. The kitchen is bigger than what I have at my house. The people who showed me around were wonderful. They answered all of my questions. When I left, they gave me a brochure full of all kinds of good stuff. I toured a 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom. One of the coolest things they have there is that they all have either a balcony or patio. The balconies can be opened, can be screened in or can be glassed in like a small other room, so you'll have a whole other space. I was very impressed. They have a concierge, they have a person to walk me around, and they have a person to greet me. It was awesome; I was not prepared for that. Food was delicious. It was excellent. Crossings at Columbia was my first choice but it was out of my price range. The place was awesome. They had nice parking, and they had some nice garden spot that the apartment could look out on.

June 24, 2019

By Edwin

The Crossings at Columbia is very nice, clean, and well set up. The people are very friendly and the staff is out of this world. They offer full kitchen facilities with an oven, stove, and refrigerator, even though they serve three meals a day, so I like that because I like to cook. The menus looked good. The rooms are very nice, well laid out, and great.

December 04, 2018

By FV

The Crossings at Columbia is a new facility. It doesn't have a lot of grounds, although there was a nice, little walking space in the back. They had an excellent chef. The place was immaculately clean, and the people seemed friendly. The price was reasonable as far as everything else we've looked at. If we were to move somewhere, that would be our top choice right now. They had a $1,000 upfront fee, but that was waved for veterans. The room had a small washer and dryer and a small refrigerator. At the time we visited, they were only doing breakfast, but they were planning on adding lunch and dinner as well. We had lunch there, which was very good. It's a smaller place where one side was independent and the other side was assisted. They're not really big, but they were immaculately maintained and the layout was good.

Memory Care Reviews for Harmony at Columbia

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: SC
  • State Licenses: CRC-1544

About Harmony at Columbia

Harmony at Columbia is a convenient, comfortable and active community of understated elegance. It is a place where you choose the lifestyle you prefer, while you and your family have the peace of mind that comes from planning for the future.

At Harmony at Columbia, many of life's chores are taken care of, giving you back time and energy to pursue your interests and enjoy your independence.

All independent apartments have: -Full kitchens -Washer/dryers -Mocha cabinets -Stainless steel appliances -Granite counter tops. Our community features: -Large dining room -Movie Theater -Chapel -Card Room -Court yard -Serve 1 meal a day -Onsite Activities -Scheduled Transportation

Map of Harmony at Columbia