Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Reviews of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Nursing Home Reviews for Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

March 06, 2015

By Cousins

My cousin was at this facility during her last days. The buidling is clean, modern and still homey. The staff are kind and welcoming. They were attentive to my cousin's needs and sensitive to ours as the family. Other negative reviews on here don't seem to take into account that this is a nursing facility, and their staffing is in compliance with what the law requires and is realistic in maintaining operations. In a perfect world, we would all have a one to one caregiver, but that is not realistic. My cousin was able to use her call bell to ask for assistance when she needed it, and the staff checked in on her often. She was not physically able to do therapies, but I found that Scallop Shell has an excellent and knowledgable rehab. department as well. They do offer rehab services on Saturdays. Overall, a very positive experience during a sad time for our family. I would recommend Scallop Shell highly.

February 20, 2015

By Daughter #3

My father went into this place for rehabilitation. It was an unpleasant expierence all the way around. There are no rehabilitation services on the weekend and since he was discharged on a Friday this really set him back. There was minimal help through the weekend, he was left siting in a chair most of the day by himself. They actually for got him during a respiratory treatment. They are just understaffed. They did not do an intake inventory of his belongings when he arrived from the hospital and lost clothes in just two days. Long and short of it is they did not provide rehabilitation services and my parent ended up in intensive care at the hospital due to family intervention. The help are nice people but just too short staffed. If you can not take care of the basics like intake charts and laundry, how are you going to take care of your clients health needs?

April 22, 2014

By kristin k

This is the worst nursing home I have ever been to. My father was a resident at this facility. The rooms are very small. My father fell the first night he was there with no attentive staff to help him. The staff is unhelpful and very rude. My fathers health was worse after he left than before he arrived at the Scallop Shell Nursing Home. I do not recommend this facility to anyone. I would give this provider with zero stars, but I'm unable to select that as an option.

March 09, 2012

By RI EMT

Working as an EMT in Rhode Island for a private company for quite a while, I have seen more than my share of nursing homes and rehabilitation centers. Scallop Shell is not exactly luxury, but it's better than many. When walking inside, it does not immediately smell of urine or general uncleanliness. Furthermore, the residents of Scallop Shell are generally friendly and happy, which I consider a good sign. The only thing I find the facility deficient in is having a more attentive staff, and better security. It's very easy to slip out of the nursing home without anyone noticing or being concerned, which could have very serious implications for residents suffering from dementia or Alzheimers disease. The residents I have transported to/from Scallop Shell have rarely complained about it beyond what is to be expected by an elderly person who is no longer living at home. Another sign of a competent nursing staff is present when the lack of transports to the Emergency Room from the home is considered; rarely do the elderly residents fall and need to be taken to the ER. Knowing a nurse that has worked there for years, it's apt to say they may not be the most enthusiastic about their jobs, but they certainly put the residents' safety and well-being first.

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield is a senior living provider in South Kingstown, Rhode Island that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield