Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Reviews of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Nursing Home Reviews for Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

March 09, 2012

By RI EMT

Working as an EMT in Rhode Island for a private company for quite a while, I have seen more than my share of nursing homes and rehabilitation centers. Scallop Shell is not exactly luxury, but it's better than many. When walking inside, it does not immediately smell of urine or general uncleanliness. Furthermore, the residents of Scallop Shell are generally friendly and happy, which I consider a good sign. The only thing I find the facility deficient in is having a more attentive staff, and better security. It's very easy to slip out of the nursing home without anyone noticing or being concerned, which could have very serious implications for residents suffering from dementia or Alzheimers disease. The residents I have transported to/from Scallop Shell have rarely complained about it beyond what is to be expected by an elderly person who is no longer living at home. Another sign of a competent nursing staff is present when the lack of transports to the Emergency Room from the home is considered; rarely do the elderly residents fall and need to be taken to the ER. Knowing a nurse that has worked there for years, it's apt to say they may not be the most enthusiastic about their jobs, but they certainly put the residents' safety and well-being first.

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield

Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield is a senior living provider in South Kingstown, Rhode Island that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield for more details on services and rates.

Map of Elderwood Of Scallop Shell At Wakefield