Country Meadows Retirement Communities York, PA

Reviews of Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Assisted Living Reviews for Country Meadows Retirement Communities

November 08, 2016

By Jill463836

My parents are in Country Meadows, and we liked it there. I think it’s excellent, the care is really good, and they’re always in contact with me. The price is good for what you got, and it’s very clean. The décor is very up to date. They can sign up for activities, and they take them out on trips to stores and to doctors within a 12 mile radius.

We’re so happy your parents are part of the Country Meadows family, as are you! Please reach out if there’s anything we can do to make your parents’ stay even better.

April 25, 2016

By Hal6

Mom is moving into Country Meadows in a few days. The place is excellent. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen. It's been running for 12 years and is one of the best places in Pennsylvania and has very good culture. There's a pool, a gym, multiple activities, and visiting entertainment. My siblings said the food was good. The dining area was restaurant-like. Country Meadows is definitely the best in the area.

Thank you very much for choosing to share your mother with us. We love our residents and appreciate your kind observations about our community. Please contact us if you need anything.

September 09, 2015

By Kathy101984050

My mother-in-law is in Country Meadows - Leader Heights (South York), and they have lots of planned activities seven days a week. There's crafts that goes on everyday, they offer programs and entertainment, and there is a gym where they work with them to help with their balance and strength training. There's a pool for them to swim if they want to. There are also outside activities that they go to. The other nice thing about it is it is one price, that as she declines, the cost is not to go up. She's only been there four days, but so far, I'm very pleased with what I've seen. She is very happy there. The staff that we have met have been very nice and very helpful. We went there last night at 10:00, there was somebody that we could talk to, and somebody actually had come in to the room to check on her before bedtime. I just feel very comfortable with her being there. You can visit her 24 hours a day. There's no time restraint. You can go in at any time of the day or night to check on her.

It’s wonderful to read that your mother-in-law seems to be adjusting well to life at Country Meadows. You are right: there are many, many, many activities available for residents from fitness to volunteer service to entertainment and outings. Please feel free to stop in our executive director’s office with any concerns you may have. Thank you for choosing us.

August 27, 2015

My mother-in-law used to live at Country Meadows. She was there for two and a half to three years. I would highly recommend this community to others. They're wonderful.

Wow-thank you for this lovely note. We think all of our residents are wonderful…and so are their family members. Best wishes and thank you, again.

December 09, 2014

By Dorothy82711550

We have my mother-in-law at Country Meadows of Leader Height. The staff is very caring. I like the community in general. The rooms are very nice. The food looks good, and she likes the food. They also have a lot of activities. I will absolutely recommend them to others.

People frequently are surprised at how good the food is at Country Meadows! We are proud of our professionally trained chefs and dining team who tempt the taste buds with new recipes and local cuisine. And having ice cream available 24/7 to residents, visitors and family members always tends to help make life better too! Thank you for the glowing review and recommendation. We appreciate your choosing us, and next time you pay a visit, be sure to get yourself a big cone!

September 02, 2012

By 1learner

I have a Dad who had a stroke 1 year ago and was given 2weeks to live in August 2011. He has always been a fighter. We took him to a Hospice and in 9 days he was discharged to a rehab facility near his home. Having 100 days of rehab covered by insurance he began to slowly but surely progress. When rehab expired he was moved to another floor. It was a very stressful environment. During my bi-weekly visit, traveling 2 1/2 hrs each way, I found myself being more of an aide than a visitor and always left feeling sad and exhausted. He began looking like a Holocost survivor. People who loved him pleaded with me to move him closer to me, they had done all that they could do for him. My wife & I paid an unannounced visit to Vountry Meadows one Saturday afternoon. It was as though the staff was waiting for my arrival and gave us full attention and a thourough tour. I was blown away by the genuineness and courtesy we were shown. The place looked more like a Hotel in the Bahammas that i couldnt afford, than an assisted living facility. From the Dining Rooms, fireplaces, decor, menu, private room, and state-of-the-art Physical Thrapys, in-house movie theatre, a host of daily activities, a mission statement based on dignity, quality of life, and respect written with the same resolve as the Constitution and Bill of Rights, I couldn't help but weep when I walked out the door. I though my Dad would not qualify in his current condition. Everyone at CM believed my Dad was capable of doing things I no longer believed. They were eager to receive him! He had been there for 3 weeks and has regained his dignity, is adding new words to his vocabulary daily, and lifting his "paralyzed" leg that was never supposed to move again. He has gone on short Tours and last week was taken inside his favorite store, in public for the first time in a year! When I leave after a visit I feel joy and well being, not stressed. No place or caretakers will ever be perfect, but this facility has many of the most compassionate human beings I have ever met. It is a proactive not reactive environment. It's a neighborhood of friends that I hope exists for my generation.

Dear 1learner:

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our community and co-workers. Everyday we strive to make life a little better for each and every one of our residents as well as their family members. I am thrilled to read that your father is doing so well and in turn, you have found peace of mind. My father also resides in one of our Country Meadows communities and it gives my siblings and me comfort to know that he is surrounded by new friends and co-workers available to respond at a moment's notice. I also am happy to read that your father is once again enjoying life both in and outside Country Meadows. Moving to a retirement community never should result in giving up one's favorite pastimes and hobbies. I hope that he is able to make several return trips to his favorite store and continue to enjoy the many outings and activities offered at Country Meadows.

Again, thank you very much for choosing Country Meadows. It is our honor to serve your family.

Michael Leader-President & CEO

July 24, 2012

By Afenn

The only place we visited where all of the staff was friendly and reached out to answer all questions. Very nice dining accommodations, with a lot of open space. This place offered a variety of activities and supportive staff members. I was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, to be honest I was blown away by it. The rooms had bathrooms, they didn't have a "communal" bathroom like other facilities do. Some rooms even offered a kitchen with a washer and dryer! They also came with a living room type setting it wasn't just a room for a bed and couch, there was a lot of space. Overall, I think it'd be wise to seriously consider this "home away from home". Prices were reasonable considering the amount of space and things offered.

May 17, 2012

By Nightingale451

When visiting my aunt at the facility I found it to be clean, well organized and beautifully decorated. The staff is very caring and especially respectful to the residents as well as their family and visitors. The professionalism was wonderful. My aunt had some issues with confusion as well as memory issues and the staff helped her when she needed it but in doing so they allowed her to do as much for herself as she was able. The dining experience was one that was social as well as convenient for the residents. They are welcome to eat in the dining room or eat in their rooms if they choose. Assisted living residents there are always accounted for but allowed some breathing room for naps and relaxing as well. The grounds of the campus are beautifully maintained. there are a variety of activities available for residents to participate in but none are mandatory. They have outings to a variety of places in the community for the residents to have the chance to get away sometimes too.

Independent Living Reviews for Country Meadows Retirement Communities

About Country Meadows Retirement Communities

Country Meadows Retirement Communities is a senior living provider in York, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact Country Meadows Retirement Communities for more details on services and rates.

Map of Country Meadows Retirement Communities